First Time Grower- Shiva Skunk & Jack Flash #5 in Coco Under a Budmaster II LED Light

Now that light addict is here, he can tell you the real details about fluxing. I'll be fluxing my hgk that's a couple weeks old, so I'll be watching you guys closely to make sure the info I give is correct.

Re: First time grower- Shiva Skunk & Jack Flash #5 in coco under a Budmaster II LED l

Day 21 Update

I'm getting close to topping a couple of plants to start to the flux, just waiting for a little more growth so I can see what to cut and what to avoid!

Other than that a couple of the plants have leaves that are drooping downwards, after a little searching I've found the two most common causes for this are nitrogen toxicity or too much light. The Budmaster website has a light distance guide which says that for seedlings kept 1-1.5m away from the lights that " some slight listlessness of the upper leaves may occur". After googling listlessness I found this meant lazyness and thought that could be what my leaves are exhibiting some I moved that a little further away from the light:

IMAG025717.jpg
IMAG025512.jpg

Have a great evening chaps

:peace:

Re: First time grower- Shiva Skunk & Jack Flash #5 in coco under a Budmaster II LED l

Doesn't look like nitrogen. I believe they would be a lot darker green. Try light at 41", your at 36" now? A few inches higher might bring the leaves up with it. Nod to high to get stretch but just a little so their not trying to hide from the light.
Looking great, looks like their growing the way they should. Takes a little it with seedlings. Your going well, good work.

Doesn't look like nitrogen. I believe they would be a lot darker green. Try light at 41", your at 36" now? A few inches higher might bring the leaves up with it. Nod to high to get stretch but just a little so their not trying to hide from the light.
Looking great, looks like their growing the way they should. Takes a little it with seedlings. Your going well, good work.

Cheers GrizzWald it's great to hear my seedlings are okay, I'm finding it so mind boggling because they is a lot of conflicting information about nutes/pH/watering/lights out there so I think it's awesome when some experienced eyes take a look at my plants.

I've got my light at 62" now and before it was at 46". Where I have it now is what the hanging chart suggests. According to the website the light is extremely powerful which I guess is the rationale behind the high distances.

Lots of ways, lots conflicts cause weed grows no matter what we throw at it. Main thing that hurts it is to much love. Treat them like adolescent teenagers not babies, if that makes sense :peace::thumb::high-five:

Also I'm not experienced indoors but have been growing for 20 + years outdoors. Not like growers here though. Chook maure mushroom compost and infrequent watering have allways produced me enough weed to swap or smoke.

Main thing that hurts it is to much love. Treat them like adolescent teenagers not babies, if that makes sense :peace::thumb::high-five:

I know exactly what you mean, I've just hung a couple of Nirvana posters up in the grow room. :high-five:

Day 23 Update

Moving the plants away from the light fixed the leaves bending downwards on some but not all of the leaves:

IMAG025818.jpg
IMAG025920.jpg

I topped two of my plants today to start the fluxxing process, here are before and after pics for those two plants:

IMAG026019.jpg
IMAG026222.jpg
IMAG026515.jpg
IMAG027423.jpg

I think I'm going to transplant in a couple of days and switch my lights to a 18/6 cycle to start the vegetative growth, I'll also ween my plants off the seedlings nutes and onto the veg nutes.

Best of times everyone!

:thumb:

Looking good there!

Nice job,
/Obi-Wan Cannabinoid
:thumb:

Veg: Day 0

Ok so I tried transplanting my plants today and I think I may have killed two of them :( As I took the coco mix out of the pot and turned it upside down the mix came apart and untangled the roots. I learned my lesson after this though and added a tiny bit of water to compact the mixture and I think the other four went fine...hopefully.

I've also started to ween the plants onto the veg nutrients and have my lights running on an 18/6 cycle

IMAG027723.jpg
IMAG027618.jpg

I guess all I can do now is wait and hopefully spot signs of growth over the new few days!

Veg: Day 2

Woke up today to some good news! Spotted some signs of growth on three of my transplants. This evening I turned all nine of the Budmaster panels on and placed a fan in the center of the grow room.

IMAG027818.jpg
IMAG027916.jpg
IMAG028017.jpg
IMAG028118.jpg
IMAG028213.jpg

Have a great evening chaps!

Veg: Day 4

One of the topped plants has developed new growth from the " topped" stem. Perhaps I topped it incorrectly, should I just remove the top again?

IMAG028619.jpg
IMAG028725.jpg

The other plants are doing well, one thing I'm wondering at the moment is how often to water the coco/perlite mix. I've seen some say it's good to let the mix dry out a little before you water it and others that say to water when the plant feels just under half full. Does anyone have any suggestions?

IMAG028515.jpg

Veg: Day 7

Plants seem to be growing nicely :)

I started training the new stems of one of the fluxing plants down today. It was definitely a weird feeling manipulating the plant for the first time but I think I did okay.

IMAG029120.jpg
IMAG029417.jpg

Here are the two plants that I'm letting grow naturally:

IMAG029620.jpg
IMAG029518.jpg

I built a separate chamber for flowering and I might put one of them in it soon so I have something to tide me over while I watch my fluxers grow!

Have a great evening chaps, any suggestions are always appreciated :)

Nice looking training. It will be interesting to see how the different grow styles play out.

/Obi

Ok your looking great on ya flux buddy! Yet please start to open the end foliage up as often as you can at moment! You want to stack the nodes up along flux arms by opening the tops up prematurely. Be gentle though as you can pull a leaf of or even top an end if heavily handed. This is also because you remove every other node along the main flux arms. Only the side fitting are kept, under over /bottom top, along the main arms are removed. :)
Best of buds to you and yours! :)

Veg: Day 10

I topped and trained a few plants today for I thought I'd do a breakdown of my intentions with each one:

Jack Flash 1

This one is going to be my sacrifice to get my through the fluxers 10 week veg! I'll put this one into flower on Monday

IMAG030718.jpg

Jack Flash 2

This one is going to be topped at the end of week 2 and fimmed at the end of week three to hopefully give me 8 tops

IMAG030615.jpg

Jack Flash 3

This is one of the fluxers

IMAG030325.jpg
IMAG030517.jpg

Shiva Skunk 1

The second fluxer

IMAG029716.jpg
IMAG030114.jpg

Shiva Skunk 2

This one was topped at the third node and was just topped at the next pair and then the next four nodes after that will be topped. This will hopefully give me eight tops

IMAG030221.jpg

I haven't decided what to do with Shiva Skunk 3 yet, I topped it at the third node but planted it a little too much under the rim of my plant pot for it to be fluxed.

Have a great evening everyone!

Awesome update :) on your one flux Id fill your pot level up some more to bury the stem! :) love the ddifferent grow styles going on! Should give great comparison info!! :)

Cheers buddy, any suggestions as to what to do with the plant that was topped under the third node but is under the top of the plant pot?

Back
Top Bottom