First Time Grower - Strain - White Dwarf

Jimmy C

So this is my first time growing the Ganja.
I've think what I have is a nice little set up in my cupboard.
I would greatly appreciate some tips or advice on how I should grow.
I am using a an 18watt propagator and I also have a 250watt cfl light bulb on the go.
2 of my seeds have sprouted out of the soil and are almost 2days old now :blushsmile:

Re: First time grower. Strain - White Dwarf

IMAG014611.jpg
IMAG015010.jpg
IMAG015312.jpg

Becareful getting the young plants wet then exposing them to intense light. I am not sure about the 250 watt compact flouro but if you did that with a hid setup your plants would suffer greatly.

keep that flouro a few inches from the tops and make sure you have a fan blowin some air between the light and the plants.

How hot is it in your cupboard with the lights on?

plants look good though
keep it up buddy.

Cheers for the input man, I'll keep that in mind! I'm assuming that's why plant #2 in the above picture has a bit of a demented leaf.
Typical rookie mistake - watering! :/ lol
I am not sure I don't have a thermometer unfortunately. I generally keep my cupboard door shut for a lil bit let it heat up in there and keep my windows open in my room with my fan on to try and keep a fresh air flow in there.
any more tips and advice I would really appreciate it :)

Try to get a thermometer hygrometer in there its important to know your temps. Then you can really figure out what you need to do. If you are relying on ambient co2 without co2 supplementation you will want to keep it cooler in there. no hottter than 80. try to keep it inder that and when lights are off it shouldnt be much more than 10 degrees cooler. Keeping your temps in check like this will greatly improve yield. with a larger temp fluctuation the buds might come out a little lighter and fluffier.

Hope this helps and some other more experienced growers chime in.

good luck man!

Day 36 & #1 is looking lovely, I think I was a bit slow at transplanting her as she has bud growing and I would have thought she would be a bit bigger than what she is. But still I have plenty of more seeds so I my next ones should turn out better.
#2 is looking good except she has orange spots on a few of the leafs, too much light maybe? or heat? :s

IMAG028814.jpg

IMAG028914.jpg

IMAG029013.jpg

IMAG029114.jpg

Day 43
I think #1 is almost done, though it is a real shame that she is so tiny - I know she is a Dwarf but they usually grow to a minimum of 12 inches if I'm not mistaken, and mine is on about 5 inches and has bud? :s lol
#2 is still on the go, I think she may go into the flower stage soon, so fingers crossed I shall get a lot more yield off of her than I will of #1 :)
#1 - Hairs are now turning orange/brown
IMAG030214.jpg

IMAG030314.jpg

IMAG030110.jpg

hi, did you go 12-12 from seed, was you planning on not letting them veg, if you had set the light to 20-4 and vegd for a few weeks then you would of got a whole lot more in return, i vegd for 6 weeks and got over an oz per plant for my first go round, i also got a 2ltr dwc hempie which is basically a plant growing in a cut up 2ltr pop bottle, the goal is to get the biggest bud you can as you are only aiming for 1 bud with a 2ltr hempie grow, and by the looks of mine i will be getting over 1oz on this 1 bud,

let us know what lighting schedule you used, you would benefit a lot more from having some veg time, or if you didnt want to veg then id go with the auto seeds as you can leave the lights set to 20-4 and it will flower when its ready, i have got 2 autos going at the moment and ill probably get between 1/2oz and 1oz from each,

I would be interested in the light schedule as well, Im not an expert like donpaul, but I am running 19/5, I will do so until the plants are half the height that they will be when they are finished because apparently they double the height when flowering. You want to go to 12/12 when you are happy with the plants vegetative state and then expect rapid growth as they bloom.

The yellow spots could be caused by water on the leaves magnifying the light and burning them. However Im still learning so it could be a nutrient thing. Anyway this thread is useful Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hey there dudes, sorry I have been busy with things but I still managed to squeeze time in to make sure my girl is doing fine!
The plant above as I titled #1 I am assuming when I replanted her I must of handled her a bit rough or was to late in transplanting :s so therefore I think her growth was stunned and she panicked and decided to bud at only 5" lol but I have to say I harvested what was there and I smoked her in a blunt, and sweet Jesus that was a sweet high - I felt so uplifted and buzzing. She is ever so unique, one of the best strains I have had. She also has quite a nice sweet taste :tokin:
But anyway to answer your questions, since donpaul mentioned about 12/12 that is when I started to do so. I have also invested in a thermometer and the temps is at 21°C - 26°C that's 70°F - 80°F
These are updated pictures I have taken of #2
IMAG032513.jpg
IMAG032611.jpg

There's 3 more baby White Dwarfs behind her and on the bottom right those are my tomato plants xD lol

that tall plants a male mate, you dont want that spreading pollen in your grow room unless you plan on having a load of seeds, the male will pollenate the females that produce the buds you want and you will end up with thousands of seeds, each one of them pods is full of pollen it would only take one of them opening up to spread pollen throughout the whole grow area, this would get everywhere and ruin the whole crop, if you are not planning on breeding plants and getting a load of seeds with no bud then id cut that plant and remove it from the grow room before its to late, the tall plant is a male, it wont produce any buds at all, just them flowers with the pollen inside, its not something that can be smoked it contains very little thc,

Thanks donpaul, as soon as you said I removed it from the cupboard and I have just now moved it from the house into the garden! and one of the buds have popped open so I think you may have saved me just in a nick of time!! thanks again haha, I feel like a right tit! :/
But is there any way I can collect the pollen and keep it contained until I want to breed? Because providing my three little ones all turn out to be female it would be cool to get more seeds!

hey no probs, glad to help you out, if you think any pollen has got out then you can give the other plants a spray with water when the lights have just gone off, dont spray them with the lights on it will burn the leaves, if you think it has not spread pollen then this wont need doing, spraying the other plants with water will make the pollen no good, just a precaution in case it has spread pollen.

You can collect the pollen from a male plant, grow it somewhere out the way and make sure you dont get pollen on your clothes etc as it will spread to your female plants, but if you have somewhere to grow it as it looks ready to open it shouldnt take long, if your growing it indoors you can put paper under it and give the plant a shake when the flowers open and then scoop it up into a camera film case, then you can keep it in that, its best if its frozen as it will keep it live longer but freezing requires having all the moisture taken out and i have not tried this myself yet,

but say you was going to do it to one of the fems you are growing, you could collect the pollen by shaking the plant or waiting for the flowers to start to open the cut them off and let them dry out then collect the pollen, collect the pollen on some paper and then scrape it up, use dark coloured paper out of a magazine or something so you can see it, their will be loads if you leave it to open on its own, anyway scoop all this pollen up and put it in small tub that light cant get in, then when 1 of your females is showing white hairs you can then polenate part of the plant to collect seeds, you can put pollen on just 1 or 2 buds or say 1 branch and let that give you seeds, the rest of the plant will be good seedless bud, as long as you are careful and dont get pollen everywhere. so what you can do is wait till the plant has white hairs and buds forming then take it out the grow room and into natural light, then choose a branch you want to put pollen on to get seeds and dont use the lowest branches they wont be viable seeds,

so now you have chosen a branch to put pollen on the buds, well get a small sweet bag the thin plastic type and put it over the branch you want to add pollen to, now give the rest of the plant a good spray with water, so now the plant is damp and the branch your using is dry, take the bag off now and the branch will be dry, now go into the room where the tub of pollen is, open this up and put some of it in the bag that you covered the branch with, now to take extra precaution you could now put a bin bag over the rest of the plant with just that branch out the bag, now take the bag and hold it sealed till you get it close to the branch you want to get seeds from, then open the bag and place it over the branch, try and hold the open end of the bag closed once its over the branch, and give it a bit of a shake, leave the bag on for few minutes, give the plant a spray around the lid of the bag to wet any escaped pollen, after few minutes take the pollen bag off and seal it, now wait a while and this will polenate the buds on that branch, after a certain amount of time you can spray the branch you put pollen on with water to remove any un-used pollen then you can take the bag off the plant and you should give it a spray all over with water and then you should be good to go, you should end up with seeds and bud off the same plant,

when you get closer to the time or when your ready give me a shout and ill find the guide i read that explains it a bit easier, its worth doing if you want seeds but the chance of ruining the whole crop is very high, pollen is that small it cant be seen and it will spread with the lightest of breeze, it can ruin a whole crop from just a couple of flowers opening on the male plant

OH no.. Youve got MALE!! There's at least one male bro there mate.. Its really weird why your plant flowered at like a few inches,as otha memba said did u have on a 12/12 or something from start? I always have least 18 hrs light, some ppl do 24 hrs for few weeks into veg, i grow my girl in veg to about 4 ft tall, then switch her to 12/12.. Got 8 oz dry nice tops last and sum smaller popcorn buds.. Hope you got some girls among them and get that male outta there!! Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom