First time grower, working on second batch, have decided to add a second 600 watt grow light

ducatiJOB

so i have an adjustable light that can be set at 250, 400, 600, and above 600 which doesnt have a wattage apparently. i just finished my first grow cycle and while i have experience, none of it is specifically relevant to this. i bought a second light, and placed it 25 inches from the other light which is also 25 inches from the wall. bascailly the lights have their own 3 walls about 76 inches wide and maybe 50 inches long. the walls have mylar on them as i read this helps. originally i had the one light with 9 plants and switched from LED to HPS when they started to show buds. they were autoflowers and took about 3 months although there was a learning curve along the way over the height and setting of the light. as it stands now i have made a steppy stool of sorts that allows me to raise one row of plants so if they get uneven in height i dont need to ever move the light which hangs from the ceiling about 3 feet and is about 20 inches from the top bud. my question is this. i have a 50 inch by 76 inch space and two lights adjustable from 250, 400, 600, and 600< with an LED and an HPS bulb for each. whats the best set up to utilize this. i know they say LED is better for the beginning and HPS for flowering and i have them on the same timer so they are on and off at the same time. i have mostly autoflower seeds but a handful of regular feminized seeds for when i really get good at this. i brought all but 2 plants to full term last cycle and had 2 or 3 dwarves that as i understand it weren't my fault. is there a particular distance or set up that may work better than this given my supplies and options? i use fox farms and happy frog products including guano vitamin c and stuff like that. same with mycodklg;jfaslfhasd root helper. can never remember the name lol anybody know anyway to better utilize my setup? also, since i just added the second light, i am wondering if it is going to add too much light for the last 5 plants that are waiting for harvest since i imagine there must be some overlap?

Too much thinking not enough punctuation! They will grow fine under both, no one uses the dimmer or red/blue switches ever, they just run full bore. LED doesn't do better in flower, HPS doesn't do better in veg, they both do fine in both. Just keep a proper distance to account for the heat.

Back
Top Bottom