First time grower

tfroach

Alright, guys, I'm a first time grower. I'm using the cup of water method to germinate my seeds. Normally, 90-100% of them are sinkers. However, after I move them to the paper towel/bag I have, they don't seem to sprout. I've only waited a few days, but they on't even seem to be cracking.

After I put them in the wet paper towel inside the bag, I put them on top of a heating pad (lowest setting) and in my dark closet. I re-wet the paper towel if it seems to start getting dry.

Am I doing anything wrong? If so, how should I fix it?

I work 12 hour days (I'm away from home 14 hours a day), and by the time I get home from work, the paper towel begins to become slightly dry, but I do rehydrate it every chance I get.

I may try a new batch of seeds. If so, can I leave the seeds in the water until they sprout, or will that drown my seeds?

All help appreciated.

All seeds are different. Just be patient. My first attempt I put in glass of water for 2 days then moved them to paper towel and they cracked after 5 days. Then on day 6 in paper towel the tap root was long enought to transfer

I don't know whether or not I should just trash them and start over, or what. Like, I've got around 100 seeds, but even that isn't that much, as it's just reg, and 1-2 out of every ten is a bad/dead seed. Like, how long should I wait until I start a new batch?

Alright, I got them germinated and planted about 1/4 inch deep (did this all last night)

I've got them in my closet still on the heating pad, and I lightly mist them about every 4 hours. Should I be misting them this often, or should I wait until they've almost dried out to water them? They are still seedlings, none of them have sprouted.

If you are just misting them they will be fine. You don't want to drown them. Keep it moist thought. Good luck and happy growing

Back
Top Bottom