First time grower

Slim6969

Hey all ( sorry if I’ve posted this in the wrong spot )

As the title says I’m a first time grower I have a few questions and I’m hoping for some help

1 after germanting my seeds and putting them in soil how long can I expect to wait before I see the plants pop out of the soil ??

2. I’ve been reading a lot and watching quite a few vids and there seems to be a vast difference on how much water ppl use when first planting there seeds some just drip water on the top of the soil and some soak the soil until they get a small amount of run off I was wondering what the magority do ?

3 as a fist timer I did not want to spends ton of money so Im using cfls in a grow space I built. I currently have 9 23w cfls that put out 1600 lumens each. Will the be ok to get the plants started?? To much - not enough ??
I have 2 sets of lights as mentioned above but am currently only using one

Thanks everyone in advance

I think I can answer two of the three questions. As for how long it takes to come out of soil , I've had one come up 24 hours later and I've had one come up 7 days later. And for the watering, if you're in soil, PH the water to 6.5 and use a spray bottle to wet the soil. When they're very young I only spray the soil about six times twice a day. I made sure not to water log the seeds or seedlings. I'm sure other people will give you slightly different advice, but this worked for me. As for the CFLs, I don't know enough about that to give you good advice.

I think I can answer two of the three questions. As for how long it takes to come out of soil , I've had one come up 24 hours later and I've had one come up 7 days later. And for the watering, if you're in soil, PH the water to 6.5 and use a spray bottle to wet the soil. When they're very young I only spray the soil about six times twice a day. I made sure not to water log the seeds or seedlings. I'm sure other people will give you slightly different advice, but this worked for me. As for the CFLs, I don't know enough about that to give you good advice.

Thanks very much for the info I plan on upgrading my lights but for now Im less about yelds and more about learning how to grow ( I just did not want to shell out the money on a good set of leds only to find out I can’t keep the plants alive lol)

1 after germanting my seeds and putting them in soil how long can I expect to wait before I see the plants pop out of the soil ??
Totally dependent on the age/variety of strain, so...it will pop when it wants (or it won't, which also sometimes happens). Ignore them and they seem to pop faster :)
2. I’ve been reading a lot and watching quite a few vids and there seems to be a vast difference on how much water ppl use when first planting there seeds some just drip water on the top of the soil and some soak the soil until they get a small amount of run off.
Overwatering is a common beginner mistake. I personally pre-soak the soil, drop the seed (which soaked for 12 hours), and then add small amount of water to the soil around the seed until it pops. When it pops I water it every 3-4 days as needed. There are many ways to successfully germinate and pop a seed...this works for me.

3. as a fist timer I did not want to spends ton of money so Im using cfls in a grow space I built. I currently have 9 23w cfls that put out 1600 lumens each. Will the be ok to get the plants started?? To much - not enough ??
I have 2 sets of lights as mentioned above but am currently only using one

With lighting, you get what you pay for...so by limiting your budget from the beginning you are knowingly handicapping your grow. Decide if this is something you want to do and, if so, invest in an affordable, quality light. You will get a much better plant/yield and, imho, will want to continue forward growing. I see a lot of people trying to grow in a cardboard box with a bulb and they get discouraged because the plant is scrawny and half dead.

:goodluck:

I think as a general rule the plants want to live so as long as you don't go to extreme on watering, lighting, defoliation and nutrients you'll get a decent plant. That's basically what I did on my 2 grows and they came out good. Plenty of good smoke for me. Some of the stuff I read on these forms is a thousand times over my head so I just try to keep it simple. Kiss , keep it simple stupid. LOL

As for lighting I bought a LED off of Amazon for under a couple hundred dollars I think. It's called a thousand watt LED but only pulls 400 from the wall. This one light is all I've used in my 4 x 4 tent

Thanks for the reply’s. so after posting this and checking my 3 plants this morning around 10 I noticed 1 of the 3 is starting to push its way through the soil so that’s some good news lol

Congratulations hope it's a girl. Lots of information to be had in this site. Unfortunately you ask ten different people you will likely get ten different answers. My advice would be to do a search and look for grows similar to yours or how you would like yours to be and have them mentor you. You will find most people on this site are eager to help. Good luck on your new grow.

Congratulations hope it's a girl. Lots of information to be had in this site. Unfortunately you ask ten different people you will likely get ten different answers. My advice would be to do a search and look for grows similar to yours or how you would like yours to be and have them mentor you. You will find most people on this site are eager to help. Good luck on your new grow.

Thanks there fem seeds so I’d hope there girls lol.

Back
Top Bottom