First time grower

Vargreen

420 Member
Hello Guys,
I am growing for the first time. Bought a 4x4 grow tent, coco, lava rocks, 3 par formula (Grow, Micro, Bloom ) , rock wool cubes, Auto pot system. I had two 4ft led light lights sitting for a while. So decided to use them. Plants are 18 days now. I think now I should have bought flood and drain or made one, instead of buying auto pot for $168. Thinking of returning it but I dont know if it is worth the hassel. I transfered the plants to 4" rockwool cube 2 days ago. I have two 4 " fans hooked up to the tent. Each fan is rated 107 cfm. I dont have them turned on right now.
Let me know if anybody has any suggestions.
20200110_232217.jpg

Happy Growing!!

:welcome: to :420: Vargreen

N00b huh...starting in coco huh...Well, I wish you luck my friend :high-five:
lol, that's how I planned my first grow and got that advice. I rapidly switched over to soil as its more forgiving. I have rockwool, coco, and a flood drain table and never used it...... I will one day but since soil is working for me. Probably best not to fix what ain't broke. anyhow. subbed....

lol, that's how I planned my first grow and got that advice. I rapidly switched over to soil as its more forgiving. I have rockwool, coco, and a flood drain table and never used it...... I will one day but since soil is working for me. Probably best not to fix what ain't broke. anyhow. subbed....
Wassup Ed...lol...IKR, I started in Miracle Grow :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: but, I've tried hydro, coco coir, and hempy with okay results...when I went back to soil...lol...I went to FFOF and the trio nutrient line, and have been in FFOF for a looonngg time now...No PHing, just water and feed, and if people don't believe that, I welcome them to look through my media, there's 145 pics of what I'm talking about :thumb: peace brother

Wassup Ed...lol...IKR, I started in Miracle Grow :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: but, I've tried hydro, coco coir, and hempy with okay results...when I went back to soil...lol...I went to FFOF and the trio nutrient line, and have been in FFOF for a looonngg time now...No PHing, just water and feed, and if people don't believe that, I welcome them to look through my media, there's 145 pics of what I'm talking about :thumb: peace brother
I use the same soil and nutrient trio. I also add cal mag, diamond nectar, flora blend and flora nectar. General Hydroponics – Grow indoor. Grow outdoor. Grow with us. I do pH my water and we have extremely nice water here in Surrey BC. They spent upwards of a billion to build a filtration plant. Water was good before that too. Although after heavy rains you'd see turbidity in the water. Out of the tap ours is 7.3 and TDS is about 18 It is Canada's largest filtration plant. seymour capilano water treatment plant - Google Search

Two Skunk#1 (Auto Flower) are 4 days old now. I am gonna be using promix instead of coco. Also I have already killed one plant by over watering. Please see the pictures. I would like some advice on how big they have to be before I transfer them to promix. Smaller onces are in 1.5" cube and taller is in 4 # cube. I want to transfer them to 7 galon canvas pots.

Attachments

• 20200117_211601.jpg
    20200117_211601.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200117_211613.jpg
    20200117_211613.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 1579321679208-515058563.jpg
    1579321679208-515058563.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 56
I use auto pots and they are awesome. I suggest one thing grab yourself a 4x4 plastic tray for the bottom of the tent. I had a float get stuck and it kept pissing water out. I lost about half my res before I caught it.

Back
Top Bottom