First time grower

Hi all,
As the title states I’m new to this, brand new. I myself do not smoke often at all maybe once in a while. The reason Im starting to grow is;
(a) new hobby
(b) my wife is a heavy smoker
(c) I like a challenge

I have read many threads on the site, seems like there is a lot of extremely knowledgeable people on this site. I’ve already made mistakes and we are 2 weeks into it. Hoping for lots of help from you fine folk.

Setup consists of 40 bag seeds which came from a friends Pineapple Express plant (only germinated a few). The “grow room” is an 8x8 stick built room with 6ft 4 inch head room. The room is lined with 2 inch thick insulation board with white tarp over top. I have an window unit air-conditioner which I’m just using the fan to draw in fresh air and an oscillating tower fan to move air around the room.

The light I purchased was a 3000w LED made by Phlizon. 18-6 schedule

Growing medium is a mixture of Pro-mix HP, organic soil and compost with worm castings. I have the flora series nutrients Which will not be administered for atleast another week or so. I have started 2 in solo cups that broke soil today. Also have 2 in 3 Gallon pots that broke ground 2 weeks ago. Those 2 are approximately 2” tall.

Thanks for reading

-CD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 37
Welcome @Canadadoes I've been running Pineapple Express for the last 3 or so rounds OMG it is so nice! The first three I got were from seed, not topped or trained in 3 gal pots grew short, got about a ounce a piece. Now maybe I didn't get them given to me super sweet condition, but I have since cloned them many times and always top, supercrop and LST and I am over 3oz per plant now in same 3 gal pots. Bit of other experience for ya...CHeers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Cool, I’m glad to hear you’ve had great outcomes. I’m optimistic and if I could get an oz per plant I would be “over the moon” so to speak. I do plan to LST them since like I said I don’t have lots of headroom. I also plan on transplanting them to 5 gallon when the timing is right. My humidity was low in the room so I went and purchased a humidifier to boost it. Fingers crossed it works out. I don’t plan on topping them THIS time. Maybe on a future grow. Glad to be apart of the community. I wish you all the best on your endeavours.

Aloha, and welcome. Don't worry about mistakes, as it's all part of the learning curve. With mistakes comes lessons, now I in the other hand have made a lot of newbie errors, I didn't panic... cannabis is one damned strong AF plant (haha) to my understanding and experience.

Plants looking great so far, have you made a decision on nutes yet, you have 2 more weeks to decide or you could start early as some do. I would love to see pics of setup, that's one of my favourite part... stay hungry for knowledge, get creative with grow setup and spaces...

It's a lot of fun Canadadoes and there's no wrong method. Enjoy helping and learning.

I can see it being really fun, and please call me CD, canadadoes was my father;),

@Backyardigan, I’m out and about right now but when I get back home I will take some pictures of the setup, it’s nothing special but it’ll do for now until I can iron out the kinks as far as nutes go, GH flora series but not for a week or 2 is what I’m thinking.

1 more thing I will say is, how do you guys occupy your time besides reading? I can’t help myself but go down and check on them all the time. It’s not a bad thing but jeez it’s like watching paint dry, but I can’t help it
Once you get your perpetual thing going you'll always have fresh bud coming every few weeks so the waiting game changes into your favor trust me after a while you'll get sick of trimming.And i'm always online here occupying my time .:reading420magazine:

@Backyardigan
I just got home and came down to take a couple pictures. Like I said previously it’s nothing special but here they are.

Attachments

• 5D2B14C2-AD7E-45F9-9BE9-F03876E79448.jpeg
    5D2B14C2-AD7E-45F9-9BE9-F03876E79448.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 40
  • F312B73E-4356-4F65-AA99-7BA90EB791AF.jpeg
    F312B73E-4356-4F65-AA99-7BA90EB791AF.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CE25D3CC-292E-44B1-B3CC-9ACF43088393.jpeg
    CE25D3CC-292E-44B1-B3CC-9ACF43088393.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2D70A613-5CB3-49F9-AC75-F342556CC3A7.jpeg
    2D70A613-5CB3-49F9-AC75-F342556CC3A7.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 7FCCA188-66C7-42E1-95D7-55E47C84FAAD.jpeg
    7FCCA188-66C7-42E1-95D7-55E47C84FAAD.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 49
@Backyardigan
I just got home and came down to take a couple pictures. Like I said previously it’s nothing special but here they are.
Welcome.
Looks like you have had a good start and have things planned out pretty well.
This place is great for help and ideas.
Happy growing :welcome:

Thanks, I hope it all turns out okay. Even if it doesn’t it’ll be a learning experience

Welcome to the community. Great to have you. :high-five: You will find lots of good information here.

my advice would be to click on the “helpful links for new members “ in my signature and start a journal when you’re ready. I’d love to follow along. I love first time growers.

silver

That’s a nice looking setup. Great job

Thank you, framed it up from lumber I had in the yard. Needed heat so I tapped into the furnace and ran ducting over to the room. It’s nothing special but I’ll keep adding to it and tweaking as we progress. I may do a journal.
Thanks for taking the time to stop in and welcoming me
-CD

Do not be afraid to drop the lamp to 18 to 24 inches during veg and during flower 18 to 16 is best.
I'm at 18 inches and the plants love it.

Maybe I will, I wasnt too sure. Lots of conflicting information on heights in respect to power. The light is a Phlizon 3000w draws 630 actual watts supposedly. lights are off right now so tomorrow I’ll drop down a bit and see how it goes.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom