First time grower

Kpetz

420 Member
I am a first time grower just wanted to give it a whirl. I’m getting worried. I am in day 39 of flower and my buds seem super small. I’m using a potting mix, 600watt led light, andvsmced nutrients micro,grow,bloom combo.grow space is about 45 in wide by 39 inches deep.i did plant random seeds from bags.(didn’t wanna buy expensive seeds in case I failed first time) I do have some pink panthers for my next try.... I think the 2 in the back are indica and front one possibly Sativa or hybrid who knows. My isssue is my buds seems super small compared to other day 39 one I’ve seen any suggestions for my next grow for a bigger yield. I do have a Mother Earth 70/30 blen for my next try
A9B513ED-5C70-490C-BD7C-FCBA4F44902C.jpeg

4168E46E-3458-4CC3-A33E-DF2028118DBB.jpeg

F8989453-A8A1-45F5-81F3-F11ECAF583ED.jpeg

03A1AF60-F0D2-4454-8378-53DE3CD74BA4.jpeg

A166337D-7A3E-47D3-BC16-50E5D464B365.jpeg

56D5FB0E-DA29-4BDD-9702-7245C2DF8381.jpeg

3430AA8E-EE61-480D-99FB-D28EE8FEA63D.jpeg

Can't or shouldn't compare to other things you see, can be apples to oranges. Strain, quality of lights are major factor and all the other factors can affect it also, but first two affect it more IMHO. What size space is your light supposed to cover in Flower (and dimensions of light?)? How many watts actual draw is it? My guess not enough light for the space you are trying to footprint, but that said they are looking good for a first time beginner grow. There have been many of folks here that would have gladly traded their first attempt/result at it for this one instead (well you're not out of the woods yet it is early, but they looking pretty darn good so far). So compare to your last grow is better way to go, and remember quality is better than quantity for most folks, as I'd rather have an oz of fairly decent stuff than 3 oz's of stuff that is hard to choke down.

Ok I don’t know any of those light specs mean. I just know that I bought a 600led light watt like from Walmart.. like I said I didn’t wanna put out a bunch of money the first time..for it to bust. But I can ge ya better light for next time. I also don’t have that tool I saw in some videos that measure light.

3. Actual Power: about 100W±5% Power

One of those you kind of get what you pay for things, yes you can grow with it but won't have optimal results.

Coverage Area: 2.5*2ft forVeg, 2*1.5ft for Flower

So according to them 24" x 18" is coverage in flower, so basically 2 of those to cover the same area you are trying to cover footprint of. I started myself in a smaller area than that with a similar powered blurple led, one of those part of the learning process and best not to sink lots of money just to find out you real good at killing plants ;) as it is not for everyone. There are Sponsors here that have better quality stuff for a little bit more and other Sponsors that are more high end, so the fall into all budget areas. But a lot of the stuff in your Walmart/Amazon type places are not very good and are a "you get what you pay for" in the end. As some things are next to impossible to get any kind of warranty help if issues long before it should be going south.

So all that said looks like you are doing well with what you have, but again don't compare what you doing to anyone else as it just setting yourself up for frustration. It's kinda like saying you are going to be a race car driver before you learn how to drive ;) :rofl: :rofl: there is a learning curve to the whole thing and it can be very sharp for some folks (like everything in life "it isn't for everyone", and you have to find out it it is for you first before you sink a bunch into it as used stuff don't sell very well tbh).

Quality of led panel & suitable hanging distance is off question ?

Also genetics as they do not all grow the same... some are more airy or fluffy whilst others appear way to small but are super dense.

If these are the generic photo period fem seeds it is more likely not worth counting the first week of flip to flowering as they is a transition stage between veg / flowering & hormone change with in the plant before it actual starts flowering !

Lots of debate on this over the years with most saying the seed breeders suggested flowering time is shorter than it should be to reach optimal trichome development, but way to many individuals with their own opinion to agree on common cause... I can only guide you.

Quality of led panel & suitable hanging distance is off question ?

Also genetics as they do not all grow the same... some are more airy or fluffy whilst others appear way to small but are super dense.

If these are the generic photo period fem seeds it is more likely not worth counting the first week of flip to flowering as they is a transition stage between veg / flowering & hormone change with in the plant before it actual starts flowering !

Lots of debate on this over the years with most saying the seed breeders suggested flowering time is shorter than it should be to reach optimal trichome development, but way to many individuals with their own opinion to agree on common cause... I can only guide you.
Ok not counting the first week would make sense the buds are looking bigger already I did just get a temp/humidity thing to throw in there and it was way way too humid using something now to bring that down.. I’m looking on the internet now to find a more suitable light than what I have for my next try. Trying to find the specs I’d need for my 39x46 grow area as I’d prefer to stay with led

For soil grows... a bigger container allows for a larger root ball, more roots can deliver bigger fruits. A 5 gallon bucket is doable but I’d rather have 7.5 or 10 gallons.
What about 70/30 Mother Earth mix.. I have that and plan to use that next try.. this one is soil though

Back
Top Bottom