First time growers white widow / big bud.

sed360

Hiya all we have recently started our own grow and are looking for some help and advice a long the way. We have got 3 white widows and 5 big bud unfortunately 2 of our white widows didn't make it through germination! They are now on day 19 and are doing OK as far as we know as we have never had this experience before. Due to not putting light on them when they needed it they went quite lanky and a bit yellow but since then we have put a florescent light above them and they are looking nice and green with nice green leaves we used burger king straws to stabalise them and they seem to be doing the trick . We have got a 600 w hps for when they go into veg, we are growing them in a grow tent and plan to use coco mix soil when they are ready to be transplanted we have canna a + b nuits but not really sure when we should start using them. We will upload a few pics asap so u can all have a look and leave a few comments. Thankyou for taking a look.:passitleft::cheer::thanks:

This is both of them big bud on left white widow on right.

leggey_big_bud_on_left_white_widow_on_right.jpg

big_bud_1.jpg

:thanks:

Wow! Those have really stretched out! You should plant these and make sure the soil comes up at least half way up those babies. This was probably caused by the light being too far from your seedlings, which should be an easy correction.

both.jpg

white_widow_2.jpg

white_widow_3.jpg

our_grow_room.jpg

our_babies.jpg

Hiya thankyou for commenting i know tell me about it they werent put under light straight away so thats why they are the way they are. Hopefully it wont matter to much as i think we caught it in time and as you can see from the other pics they are comin on ok we think??? Light is also pretty close to them now so they shouldn't stretch to far now.

Bury the stems up to the first set of leafs with Potting Soil.

Take those straws off, how did you get them on anyways?

Yeah keep that light nice & close :)

How did you get the straw around them? How are you planning on getting it off once the stems start to thicken?

cut the straw up the middle and its just to stabalise them. they went on easy and come off easy we hope:cool:.

Bury the stems up to the first set of leafs with Potting Soil.

Take those straws off, how did you get them on anyways?

hiya thanks for comment um just cut the straws up the middle and it was just to stabalise them as they were fallin over and didnt want them snappin. They will be comin off its quite easy to just open it up and slide it off without touching the plant well thats the plan we are potting them 2day so will upload pics sometime 2day.:thanks:

hi ya all potted those babies up and they are now under 600watt light maybe its to soon not sure but we are monitoring it regulary. Unfortunately as we were re potting our 6 month old puppy managed to get in the room and eat "big boy" he was a big bud so now we are down to 7 from 10 not so good eh. Please keep commenting as we need all the help we can get. :cheer::thanks:. Sed

wow_wow_wow_emma.jpg

This is one of the best ones we have got at the moment and i named it after me. What are you guys thinkng?? is it good or bad?

clay_x.jpg

This is clay pebbles which we used to put at the bottom of our pots for drainage.

our_room.jpg

This is just our grow tent with the babies and the 600 watts do u think this is ok?

you are gonna need more light in there. You might want to think of fluorescents or HPS. It's best to have between 2700-3400 lumens being shown on each plant. try and lower the light too, otherwise the plants will stretch out to reach toward the light and get more lanky than they are. i don't know where else i can really help... i'm kinda new at this too

those will never grow strong enough to bother with. start germination on other seeds and keep light a few inches about the sprout. keep the light on 24 hours a day.

those will never grow strong enough to bother with. start germination on other seeds and keep light a few inches about the sprout. keep the light on 24 hours a day.

They should pull through. No need to give up.

Check your pH. leaves tend to twist like that has a sign of low pH

thnks for the comment we r doing 18 on 6 off i think they will pull through theres no point in giving up just yet until we need to and they are dying. We have to make the mistakes to learn for the next one funny you say give up on them as my boyfriend said the same last night after the dog had ripped one up. But we kinda know what we done wrong bcoz we didnt put light on them straight away so it caused the plants to be leggy but im sure there is still hope in them yet.:cheer::thanks::cool:

They should pull through. No need to give up.

Check your pH. leaves tend to twist like that has a sign of low pH

Hiya thanks for comment i hope they do pull through as other comments have had me a little worried, PH is 6.0 is this the norm?? :thanks:

you are gonna need more light in there. You might want to think of fluorescents or HPS. It's best to have between 2700-3400 lumens being shown on each plant. try and lower the light too, otherwise the plants will stretch out to reach toward the light and get more lanky than they are. i don't know where else i can really help... i'm kinda new at this too

hello, thanks for the comment we've got a 600w light up at the moment pictures not doing it much justice, as it is quite close to the plants and if we put them any closer it would burn them, and we've done the hand test to check heat. will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom