Sorry I missed the last few posts but I have been real busy. Didn't get home yesterday until midnight and had to get up at 4:30 this morning. so

1) yes those were the pics I wanted to see. Looking great!

So yeah Consider yourself lucky actually. It is common for people to cause a plant to go hermi in hydro by underfeeding and then feeding a ton. Maybe you gradually changed the PPM? Especially week 9.

So I would keep a watchful eye and let them keep going until they are darn good and ready. But also be ready to pull them if you see it hermi. If she goes hermi it isn't the kind that is recoverable and you would want to take care of it.

Now Sour D is about an 85 day flower period if everything is spot on. You may have a delayed maturation period. So you probably have 2 more weeks maybe more to really nail it.

You know you are about 2 weeks out when you first really want to chop it down. That aint no joke.

Sorry I missed the last few posts but I have been real busy. Didn't get home yesterday until midnight and had to get up at 4:30 this morning. so

1) yes those were the pics I wanted to see. Looking great!

So yeah Consider yourself lucky actually. It is common for people to cause a plant to go hermi in hydro by underfeeding and then feeding a ton. Maybe you gradually changed the PPM? Especially week 9.

So I would keep a watchful eye and let them keep going until they are darn good and ready. But also be ready to pull them if you see it hermi. If she goes hermi it isn't the kind that is recoverable and you would want to take care of it.

Now Sour D is about an 85 day flower period if everything is spot on. You may have a delayed maturation period. So you probably have 2 more weeks maybe more to really nail it.

You know you are about 2 weeks out when you first really want to chop it down. That aint no joke.

Its ok I and others talked me off the ledge, hahah..
I know i remember reading one of your posts where you said that you could of let one of your plants go longer. Im going to relax and leave them for a little longer. The AK I will check daily but i know the sour d wont be near ready til another 2-3 weeks. The Ak just looks so beat up and droopy.

So the verdict is in and its ROOT ROT that wrecked the AK47. Now do i take her down or let her go a few more days looking like this? Problem is I dont have a place to dry her without stinking out the place. Noob mistake thinking out they are going to be done the same time so i dont need another place to dry while the other finishes....Live and learn and there is a lot to learn when you get into this.

So the verdict is in and its ROOT ROT that wrecked the AK47. Now do i take her down or let her go a few more days looking like this? Problem is I dont have a place to dry her without stinking out the place. Noob mistake thinking out they are going to be done the same time so i dont need another place to dry while the other finishes....Live and learn and there is a lot to learn when you get into this.
Damn that sucks. Wish I had something better to offer than my sympathy.

Sorry to hear but you still made me laugh. Yeah the logistics of managing your grow properly is often too much for people and that alone stops them growing.

Root Rot can be fixed but you are late in the game. So it may not be recoverable in a reasonable time...but I have seen people completely recover in 24 hours. I helped a guy who tried everything. Every product money could buy. Every sterile method you can think of. He finally cut off all the roots. he was a few hours from tossing the plants when I finally convinced him to try running some beneficial bacteria into his system. in 24 hours everything was fixed. In 48 hours he had his roots back. I can hunt the thread down if you like.

Now I make this stuff to take acre of it at home in a bucket in my bathroom. But it would take you days to get that stuff together.

BUT

Head down to the hydro store. Pick up some Orca (or some other Bacilius product) and get some enzymes (I use Hyrgorzyme). Them dump it in there. You wont burn and can't over do them.

If you have an infection and get a healthy colony of bacteria going in there is will start to look like it is fermenting and foam will rise to the lid and that is good and after 24 hours the foam will die back, the pH will come back down and all will be good.

So should i even try this as this point at 65 days of flowering? I need some experienced advice as to let her go from here on out and "try" and save her or just leave her and cut her down this weekend?

Pros and cons of both is something i cant weigh as im a newbie..... anyone got something for me. And VI thank you again for the help

Im basically at the point of its been this long and some people say they dont let AK go that long and about 65 days is norm for this strain. Ugh i hate being a newbie =/

Personally...I say...if you are running hydro those items should be on the shelf and regularly used for best results. In that case I would add the stuff even if I was to harvest Saturday in order to enable a decent flush if that were my plan.

I am saying either way cleaning up the roots can't hurt.

Cost some money for sure.

That is the real issue with being a newb. My garage is full of an arsenal of shit, I can fight off a lot of problems at a moments notice.

Technically by the way this bring up a huge topic about running sterile vs. living.

Did you attempt to run sterile and fail?

IF anything....more than anything else you have learned...if you walk away from this understanding Sterile vs. Living and are comfortable doing one correctly then this grow is a big win.

I wont have the chance to pick up any of those item before sat. I guess its decided, run it out til sat and chop her down. I'll go straight water tomorrow and chop her sat.

Now I have done some drying research but not sure why its good to leave the plants in the dark 48 hrs before harvest. I already know im in trouble with drying since my tent will still have the Sour Dee going. i just cant leave her out in a closet because she will stink the place up.

So heat and light break down and destroy the resin and THC. The plant is making that stuff as part of its immune system to protect the plant. All day long the lights are beating it back and all night long the plant is packing it on. The most potent time of the day is right before lights on. From the point of harvest and forever more they should not see intense light. Curing and drying and all processing should be done at lower room lighting. Some people do it practically in the dark. It should be cool for the drying and curing as well. Most people try to dry and cure in the dark.

So if you let it go a little longer then people have found great improvements in resin and potency on that last night cycle. Let it pack on the resin before you chop it down is the goal.

Hey VI I did a light out preview and say the Sour Dee starting to change color from that dark green you said she had this late in the bloom. Is this going on bc I took out all nutes for a few days til i added in the light dose you suggested two days ago?

They look almost purple...That AK47 is basically a twig right now. All her leaves are dried up and are crumbling. Is it Time to take her down?

image12725.jpeg
image12724.jpeg
image12723.jpeg

Hey VI I did a light out preview and say the Sour Dee starting to change color from that dark green you said she had this late in the bloom. Is this going on bc I took out all nutes for a few days til i added in the light dose you suggested two days ago?

They look almost purple...That AK47 is basically a twig right now. All her leaves are dried up and are crumbling. Is it Time to take her down?

image12725.jpeg
image12724.jpeg
image12723.jpeg

You've got root rot and now probably bud rot. TAke it down and kief it.

Doc this is a different plant then the one we talked about. The roots on the Sour Dee are white as can be and not slimed up at all. The AK47 is the one that had the root rot and i think what you might be talking about. The buds in the pics above are of the Sour Dee not AK47...

Ah. That one doesn't look too healthy either, but good to know. DWC intimidates me.

No need. It's the easiest thing in the world. Unless you battle heat, rot, pH, overly thirsty plants, etc etc. :rofl: No really, it is easy as pie once you start using pH buffered nutrients and throw away the pH pen. :)

No need. It's the easiest thing in the world. Unless you battle heat, rot, pH, overly thirsty plants, etc etc. :rofl: No really, it is easy as pie once you start using pH buffered nutrients and throw away the pH pen. :)

Buffered nutes is definitely an easier way.

I like help. I've hired billions of helpers who work for fish juice and rocks and so far they haven't let me down.

Picture_010269.jpg

I have no idea what the pH of my feed water is, or runoff, or PPM, or anything like that. I do know that the soil pH is 6.4 and nothing I've done so far has been able to change that.

The microbes I've hired to work on my behalf have millions/billions of years of experience.

This poor little plant is having a hard time. A friend gave me a clone before I was ready for it and I've been trying to not kill it before I can get it into a tent with a light (the tent arrived yesterday). That means window sill lighting for the last two weeks. The plant had a case of spider mites when I got it (cured now), but all the leaves are curling and dead at the ends. The potting soil is Fox Farms and I have done nothing except water it.

The charts I've looked at seem to imply that I have a zinc deficiency, if I'm interpreting it correctly. Any advice welcome.

Pat.

Day%2013sml.jpg

Back
Top Bottom