First time growing and I think I'm close to harvest?

RayShelt

420 Member
Hey everyone...Growing Platinum GSC outdoors here in Northern California. Weather over in the valley tends to be in the 80-90's. We had those heatwaves that brought us over 105+, but i was able to move them in the shade. It is starting to get darker earlier, but its not at the 12/12 just yet. Its more of 11/13, but close. I started late this year and they started to flower 3rd week of July. One of the plants ended up going back into reveg mid august for two weeks (neighbors porch light was on the whole time outside), but its flowering good now. I've backed off the N, and only feeding them the P & K along with the molasses, which i feel the molasses is actually helping. The other plant has been pretty good. Early on she was the problematic one during vegging, but when it went into flowering she was easy to care for. I battled some caterpillars during early flowering, but was able to get that under control with some BTK spray. What do you guys think? How close am i? I still have to build my dry box...

Attachments

• IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4682.JPG
    IMG_4682.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    866 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    795 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4692.JPG
    IMG_4692.JPG
    986.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey everyone...Growing Platinum GSC outdoors here in Northern California. Weather over in the valley tends to be in the 80-90's. We had those heatwaves that brought us over 105+. but i was able to move them in the shade. It is starting to get darker earlier, but its not at the 12/12 just yet. Its more of 11/13, but close. I started late this year and they started to flower 3rd week of July. One of the plants ended up going back into reveg mid august for two weeks, but its flowering good now. I've backed off the N, and only feeding them the P & K along with the molasses, which i feel the molasses is actually helping. The other plant has been pretty good. Early on she was the problematic one during vegging, but when it went into flowering she was easy to care for. I battled some caterpillars during early flowering, but was able to get that under control with some BTK spray. What do you guys think? How close am i? I still have to build my dry box...
Hi RayShelt, Welcome! You've done some good decision making and it looks wonderful. To me it looks ready. Are the white pistols almost all dried up? How about when you look through the loop? What color are the trichome tops? Are you familiar with the different colors and what they mean to folks? Lately I'm a milky white and chop. Others might wait for some amber.

Hi RayShelt, Welcome! You've done some good decision making and it looks wonderful. To me it looks ready. Are the white pistols almost all dried up? How about when you look through the loop? What color are the trichome tops? Are you familiar with the different colors and what they mean to folks? Lately I'm a milky white and chop. Others might wait for some amber.

Thanks! On one of the plants, the pistols do look brown with half standing up and the other half wrapping around the bud with minimal whit pistols. Not sure if thats considered dry. The other that started to reveg early on has more white pistols and standing up still. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few clear on both. The non reveg plant has a few amber trichomes, but not a lot. You have to really look to see the amber trichomes. Well, if it is getting close. I think i will flush them on Monday since i just feed them today.

Thanks! On one of the plants, the pistols do look brown with half standing up and the other half wrapping around the bud with minimal whit pistols. Not sure if thats considered dry. The other that started to reveg early on has more white pistols and standing up still. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few clear on both. The non reveg plant has a few amber trichomes, but not a lot. You have to really look to see the amber trichomes. Well, if it is getting close. I think i will flush them on Monday since i just feed them today.
Awesome! There's more to read if you'd like about flushing in InTheSheds journal. Just follow his links to noflushclub and see yourself. Folks have opinions and there's science to no flushing that makes sense. But to each their own. Good luck!

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom