First time growing from seeds - White Widow

Aurdon

420 Member
Hi all, this is my first time growing from seed (white widow). Normally I got R2 clones that were just about ready to transplant from Solo Cups to the bigger pot. These seedlings are just about 2 weeks old, in plain potting soil, I’ve been watering them with plain spring water in a spray bottle. I’ve heard that you should start adding Nutri at week three? Is this true? I use the General Hydroponics system in soil and get good results. Any recommendations on how much nutri I should start out with? Thanks!

C4C7BD39-9F3B-4597-9239-3891AEC3D38F.jpeg

Hi all, this is my first time growing from seed (white widow). Normally I got R2 clones that were just about ready to transplant from Solo Cups to the bigger pot. These seedlings are just about 2 weeks old, in plain potting soil, I’ve been watering them with plain spring water in a spray bottle. I’ve heard that you should start adding Nutri at week three? Is this true? I use the General Hydroponics system in soil and get good results. Any recommendations on how much nutri I should start out with? Thanks!

C4C7BD39-9F3B-4597-9239-3891AEC3D38F.jpeg
Hey @Aurdon welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
I have used those nutrients with great results.
As soon as second leaves appear i start feeding but im in coco. They are in soil so might get some nutrients there. But they look a little light in color, hungry?
I feed my girls according to their needs not the schedule on the bottle.
Those nutrients are strong and if you mix full strength according to the schedule you (may) run into trouble. Do you have any kelp or b1. I like to give them that at that age. Or superthrive?
Bill

@Bill284 thanks for the info, much appreciated. As for the kelp, B1 and superthrive I have none of those, but will look into it. So far I’ve only had them in this soil (attached) idk if it is even ideal for this but it was the only thing I could get that was not miraclegro in my area. Spraying them every couple days with plain old spring water, nothing added. I have them on 18/6, 1000W LED at 30cm on Veg setting. I haven’t given them a good watering to run off since I planted the taprooted seeds. Could the coloring be from lack of water or nutri? The solo cups don’t seem to be light. Thanks for the help

2EECF652-9E73-4197-BA1F-8D600978BE62.jpeg

Is this something to be concerned about? Noticed only one plant like this. I am not giving them any nutri, and the light is 30cm away.

EDA9780E-89A1-4777-B37C-2141DC9103E5.jpeg

9FCDA172-C399-4A67-AEE6-95A3DB49C93B.jpeg
Move your light away. 1000w too much for babies.
Try some mild nutrients.
Bill

@Bill284 what height would you recommend? This plant is actually one of the shorter ones, probably 2” or slightly less. I have 2 that may be stretching for light, that are 2 3/4” - 3” high. They show no signs of this discolouration. Going to grab some of that superthrive you suggested today.

Sorry for all the questions this is my first time using a grow light (specs attached), my previous grows were clones and outdoors, so all the hard work was already done for me

44C9E01D-AE40-4457-959E-292CBC05E299.jpeg

@Bill284 what height would you recommend? This plant is actually one of the shorter ones, probably 2” or slightly less. I have 2 that may be stretching for light, that are 2 3/4” - 3” high. They show no signs of this discolouration. Going to grab some of that superthrive you suggested today.

Sorry for all the questions this is my first time using a grow light (specs attached), my previous grows were clones and outdoors, so all the hard work was already done for me

44C9E01D-AE40-4457-959E-292CBC05E299.jpeg
Its probably not a bad light for veg. I'd move 2-3 feet from the little ones .
Move it down as they grow.
Once they are growing good turn on the bloom phase. They need the reds in veg aswell.
Bill

Welcome to 420 Aurdon. :welcome:

I typically only rely on whats in the soil until the second set of leaves appear on the plant.
Then it's nutrients from then on. Start out at about 1/2 the recommended dosage.

Happy growing!

Think I’ll start a grow journal instead of using this thread, for all my blunders. @Bill284 I gave these plants a couple sprays .312ml SuperThrive diluted in 1L of waters about 24hrs ago. The other plants look fine, but this one keeps getting worse. Light is moved to 2.5ft, might need to give it some nutri. Any other suggestions?

97B410C3-6894-43A7-9A60-1F3A26C00748.jpeg

1D308F39-D9D0-42F5-897C-42B4B875FCA4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom