First time growing outside and in need of some guidance!

Plantabuse

420 Member
Hey all this is my first attempt to grow outdoor so i have no experience. Can some outdoor grow masters lend me some expertise please?
20191118_121159.jpg

Welcome! When you move seedlings that have been under lights outdoors you also have a huge issue with sunburn, especially with tropicals like peppers. I can see that also being an issue. It won't show up immediately but you'll see it start to really affect the surface of the leaves. Recommend shading them for about a week until they get accustomed to that full broad spectrum and the extra UV. Just something to keep in mind for future. Best of everything in your grow!

Welcome! When you move seedlings that have been under lights outdoors you also have a huge issue with sunburn, especially with tropicals like peppers. I can see that also being an issue. It won't show up immediately but you'll see it start to really affect the surface of the leaves. Recommend shading them for about a week until they get accustomed to that full broad spectrum and the extra UV. Just something to keep in mind for future. Best of everything in your grow!
Thanks. Yes I have encountered the sunburn from extreme change in environment mostly on my bigger plants not so much smaller ones. Do you know of a way to get larger stronger stalks? Besides feeding silica?

Magnesium is great for getting stronger roots and by extension, stems. Epsom salts are a great addition. We use epsom extensively in rose cuttings and grown plants. The wind moving over the plants will eventually strengthen the stems and trunk, but I'd advise staking carefully until the roots start to adjust to supporting the strain.

Magnesium is great for getting stronger roots and by extension, stems. Epsom salts are a great addition. We use epsom extensively in rose cuttings and grown plants. The wind moving over the plants will eventually strengthen the stems and trunk, but I'd advise staking carefully until the roots start to adjust to supporting the strain.
Never tried Epsom salt and not going to start now but thanks for your input, I think this plant has a weak pheno which is why it's not growing properly?

Never tried Epsom salt and not going to start now but thanks for your input, I think this plant has a weak pheno which is why it's not growing properly?
Welcome to 420mag Plantabuse
You probably have used Epsom salts and didn't know it...it's in most garden soils that are ready to use...1 teaspoon per gallon is what I use, if I need it...and your plant looks fine, just hungry and root bound...next time try putting your outdoor girls in at least a 15gallon pot, they tend to get bigger outside and need the room...and I would recommend some perlite to mix with that soil...

Welcome to 420mag Plantabuse
You probably have used Epsom salts and didn't know it...it's in most garden soils that are ready to use...1 teaspoon per gallon is what I use, if I need it...and your plant looks fine, just hungry and root bound...next time try putting your outdoor girls in at least a 15gallon pot, they tend to get bigger outside and need the room...and I would recommend some perlite to mix with that soil...
Am planting in ground soon which is why I chose the smaller bag.

Hi let's get back to the topic...outdoor growing

You can use the Report Post link at the bottom of your first post in the thread to have it moved to an appropriate section of the forum (Outdoor Growing, et cetera) if you don't want people to offer a welcome (which they'll do, when someone posts in the Introduce Yourself section, lol).

You can use the Report Post link at the bottom of your first post in the thread to have it moved to an appropriate section of the forum (Outdoor Growing, et cetera) if you don't want people to offer a welcome (which they'll do, when someone posts in the Introduce Yourself section, lol).
Copy that yes I've included that in my notes.

Back
Top Bottom