First Time Growing & Using Grow Box - Advice Welcome

They've changed since earlier. That's crazy. So are they okay like this or should I just tie the side branches?

20150529_182004.jpg
20150529_181827.jpg

Antics, that was a top and side view of the same plant? They look so full at the top. Did you cut some branches off? Are they flowering in this pic? Should I untie what I did now and do it like that or should I wait a day or two so they won't be so stressed?

Yes, same plant top and side view. I defoliate everything below 6" into the canopy since LEDs don't have the same penetration as HID. That means I remove all the bud sites at those locations, fan leaves are fine if they don't block bud sites. My current estimate is that I should get 2-3 ounces from that plant. I'll know more as I see how she flowers. She is currently on day 13 of Flower. Pistils showing, stretch is over, and now she's going to be spending the rest of her time growing buds and leaves.

As for your plants I'd untie them how you're doing it (this is a good way to train autoflowers, but you most likely have photo strains)

Let them get upright again, should take a week or less. Then I would top them to stop upward growth, and start LST'ing your branches.

Here's a cool image showing where to top and where to FIM. FIM is much much more difficult IMO, I've tried both, and prefer topping since it's so easy.

Here's a link to my LST guide on how I do it in my journal: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I prefer using ribbon (and pipe cleaners in a pinch) but the ribbon is less "sharp" and doesn't cut into the branches when LST gets a little aggressive.

Hi T glad to have you here this is the place to be if you want to grow. There are tons of good threads with loads of info you can pretty much find anything you could ever want or need to know. This is just the first grow so don't get down over any of it no matter what happens. Honestly the more mistakes you make the more you will learn and progress. Plus lucky for you soil is a very forgiving medium. So when mistakes are made you have time to assess the problem and fix it unlike hydro where you could have minutes to fix your problem. Another thing is when I LST at that size i put a tie at the base of your stem and then tie over the top with another tie so you don't hurt with your root system at all. Like said before a couple times you should definitely get some better nutes especially for bloom cuz MG is high in nitrogen and will create really airy stringy buds. If you don't have a local hydro shop or garden store I recommend amazon you can get them much cheaper from there anyway. Also try to stay away from the miricle grow a buddy and I got some clones and he asked to keep them in my veg room for a week till he moved into his new place and long story short he used miracle grow soil and also left the half empty bag in my garage where my rooms are and all of a sudden I had catapillars!! I've never even seen catapillars indoors but miracle grow seems to carry pests

Ok so after reading all these posts. Here's my best advice

Leave them alone for 24hrs don't even look at them. The two biggest mistakes new growers make are based around excitement and lack of patience I've been there still struggle at times. So that being said check once a day 10 mins tops. Then once dry like 1" deep water just water no nutes yet. If they look weak you can adjust later.

And who said MJ wasn't addicting! I had the same issue last year I wanted to check em out and fuck with them all the time. Really makes for a slow grow though cuz u never really notice big changes cuz u see them every 15 mins. Kinda like Xmas when ur a kid.

I understand that. I've been trying to lay off messing with them for the day. Took some pics and that was it. lol. Thanks for subbing cruizer. Preciate cha! :circle-of-love:

That last one is awesome. :blushsmile:

Should be all right. people are making youtube vids and posting links of their grows in their journal. no different. There's a lot of information on :420: The site is huge! Might find something, lol.

What are yell wondering about looking up. You can find about everything here.

Back
Top Bottom