First Time Growing With Pig Manure Need Help

jyin1

Hey guys, this my first time post and first time growing.
since im working at a pig farm, i have alot of pig manure to use~
ive read some article saying it would work, but i haven't seen anyone actually do it.
so my problem is, i have everything all set up as a pc grow,
but i dont know what to mix my pig manure with?
any tips will be really appreciated!!!
PLEASE~

I have never used pig manures but I use other manures often.
U want them to be composted first. Your gonna have a boat load of reading to do first, but you can make your own soil and manures would be a good component of it. Not sure about pig... Now I also have some studying up to do.

This thread may help you on your quest

Building soil from scratch and on the cheap!

IMHO, manure from any herbivore should work as an amendment to any soil mix provided it has been dried and aged and is cooked into the soil mixture before it is used with plants. I would stay away from any manure that comes from any animal that is either a carnivore or an omnivore.

That's what I just read. I use rabbit poop, bat poop, sheep poop, worm poop and chicken poop.

I guess there are dangerous pathogens in the omnivore and carnivore poop potentially. You could try solarizing it after composting it if your hell bent on the pig poop.

IMHO, manure from any herbivore should work as an amendment to any soil mix provided it has been dried and aged and is cooked into the soil mixture before it is used with plants. I would stay away from any manure that comes from any animal that is either a carnivore or an omnivore.

Thx for the reply CH, im only curious because we grow alot of vegetables here with solarized, fermented?(not sure if i used the right term). and i actually feel safe eating these vege than buyin it out here in ghetto small town china( u know what i mean..)

so should i give it a shot? and what should i mix/compost it with? im really dumb..T.T

Back
Top Bottom