First time growing

Insomniak420

Hey guys im a first time grower I couldnt figure out how to start my own thread... But anyways im growing a blue mystic seed strain nd seem to b struggling a tad bit im on my second seed now I lost my first plant due to a over watering situation her leaves curled down and began to dry out so I gave it the clip and start over with a fresh seed I need to see if any one was able to guide me a bit being as this is my first time.. Im going to start a journal as soon as I get home and post pics of the grow area also.. I planted the seed yesterday so wen she sprouts is wen ill be looking for a bit of help as far as what to watch out for proper watering and definately the harvesting curing process.. And finally how to tell wat stage my plant is in.. Thanx guys

Re: Firts time growing

Think you'll find many here willing to help you once you can be a little more specific like what are your seedlings growing in? How big of containers/pots? What lites are you using? That would kinda help us out to give tips, and big welcome to ya. :nomo: Rastafari.

Re: Firts time growing

ok guys im using a HPS 400W lamp the dirt im using is Miracle Gro feeds the plant for 6 months... umm and to help with the watering i have a small water globe in there nd if i notice the soils a bit dry ill water it and the pots a pretty good size its a lil deep but not to wide. if that helps

Yeah that helps alot. I don't know which type of MG soil would feed the plants for 6 months but I hope its not a chemical slow release fert only because I've heard not to use it. I've always grown in MG Organic Choice with no problem issues from it. Did you read the bag for ingredients in your soil? if so what's the N-P-K value (numbers)? And does it state what it's best used for? Theres so many different kinds of MG soils specified for different gardens.
Deep pots are good; I've grown in those tube-like soda bottles before for smaller grows and luved em. K, will look for your up-dates; o and are you using the HPS for vegging? :popcorn:

MG soil is a common killer of plants. there are a few types of it that you can get away with.. but its best to avoid it all together.

i highly reccomend using a promix.

My npk numbers are .45(N) .15(P) .30(K).... Nd ya the bag says that the npk is all slow release but dont say wat its best for nd my light im not sure wat u mean by usin it for veg. I keep it in 12 hours then off 12 hours

Okay Insomniak sounds like you have a high/hot NPK value & the bag usually states stuff like 'seed starter' or ' greener grass'. Its pretty important to know the content of the soil to be able to add the proper amount of fertilizers to your plants. Anyways, nibec is over-exaturating the rap about mg but the only one of all it's many types that I would know is safe use is the MG Organic Choice (which is listed on the OMRI certified organic guides) and the Miracle-Gro Potting Mix. Here is where you need to start your research about what type you have before problems occur and possibly you'll have to take em outta it and repot to another soil. Two soils to avoid are Promix BX & BioBizz Lite. Here's recommended brands: Fafard, Kellogg, Supersoil, Sunshine, MG Potting mix, Mg Organic Choice, FF Happy Frog & FF Ocean Forest (although FF OF is to hot for seedlings but good for vegative growth) The MG potting soil with a NPK of .21-.07-.14 is a very good choice as you can see by it's NPK value. Yours, if the slow release is from chicken litter, feathers, or other bird litter, than it' ok cause thats very mild BUT if its a chemical released fertilizer then its way to hot/strong for seedlings.
About the vegative growth, when the plants are growing it's called vegging for short. And they need AT LEAST 18 hours of light a day when they're vegging so you can leave the lights on 24 hours, or 18 hours or 20 hours but no less than 18 hours a day.
The very easiest for you to do is read a basic grow guide that would be clearer than what I say and it's only about a 20-30 minute read; just go to the 'growroom' forum at the top of this page and choose 'How To Grow MJ' from the pop-up and then go to 'vegative growth' so you get a clearer idea of what to do. Me and others will check back to see you have any questions. :popcorn:

i wouldnt say its an exaggeration.. i'v dealt with many people who have used mg soil, and had issues with it, eventually causing death.

not saying ALL of them are bad, or NONE of the types of it can be used successfully.. im just saying its better to avoid it if you can, as things can go south quick.

with slow release.. you cant really flush.. as the more you do, the more they keep releasing the nutes... and that in itself isnt good. coupled with the fact, for MJ, miracle grow doesnt have a brand that is fully compatible with it...

the organic stuff should be fine, i see no reason why not.. but, i would sooner not use anything with MG's name on it.

not trying to be rude, just stating my opinion from seeing the problems people have (not saying you WILL.. but its possible) had with it.

Dont over water a little water for a little plant, fan leaves have nutrients in them so dont clip all of them off. look for threads about beginner growing, your first time is suppose to be a trial and error type of thing so you finding out how to grow, after you grow one successfully you can take your training wheels off.

i wouldnt say its an exaggeration.. i'v dealt with many people who have used mg soil, and had issues with it, eventually causing death.

not saying ALL of them are bad, or NONE of the types of it can be used successfully.. im just saying its better to avoid it if you can, as things can go south quick.

with slow release.. you cant really flush.. as the more you do, the more they keep releasing the nutes... and that in itself isnt good. coupled with the fact, for MJ, miracle grow doesnt have a brand that is fully compatible with it...

the organic stuff should be fine, i see no reason why not.. but, i would sooner not use anything with MG's name on it.

not trying to be rude, just stating my opinion from seeing the problems people have (not saying you WILL.. but its possible) had with it.

Naw I understand where your coming from; I've been hassled bout it for years so I might be a bit defensive but what I did when I heard the last straw of blatant insults about it is to do alot of research to be prepared for the next stab. One of the resources for the Organic Mg is OMRI.org if you care to check it out and see that it is indeed certified; another great soil review, very detailed and a great read is mandala seeds dot com & go to the soil link there, where again it's approved. This is where the info came from about the pro-mixB7 that I quoted. The soil review is from some authority source just copied in the mandala site. About the slow ferts, yeah your right however that applies to chemical fertilizers that are slow released. The chicken litter in the MG Organic is very cold and a natural fert much as worm castings, sea guano,etc.that is also slow released and natural. The difference is the chicken last 2-3 months and the worms last 1 month. Anyways, I'm sorry if I came across rude it wasn't my intention. Many if not most of the specific made for mj grow is due to a terrific marketing approach and I can go into detail about what some of the ingredients are in the high priced mj ferts that are found in regular plant soils and foods along with household amendments waaaaay less pricey.
I'm glad to hear from another enthusiastic grower who is concerned with using proper mediums for our precious herb. :thanks:

Welcome Insomniak----

I have tried growing a Blue Mystic strain but it died on me while still a sprout. I hope you have better luck than me. I agree with the others that I have heard that MG is not good to grow mj in but I have also heard people grow with it with no issues. Personally, I would try something else. Also, am I understanding that you're growing 12/12 from seed? There are alot of people that do that as well.. But since you're a new grower may I suggest this link.....You can't go wrong following the information here...

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Might have planted the seeds to deep in the soil if they not sprouted yet. If your doing 12/12 from seed once they sprout I've always vegged em a couple weeks 24/0 or 18/6 before starting 12/12 just to give some root-forming time. Are you keeping the pots dark and moist soil until the seeds sprout?

Did you check out the link I provided? Have you read it? Plenty of information to get you started...Just saying..Are you going to post any pics?

Hey guys.. HAPPY EASTER TO ALL... well quick update as u kno lasy seedling had trouble sprouting so called it quites nd planted a new seedling this one sprouted in a little less than a week.. Pics coming later in the day hopefully with u guys help this one will look good nd hit hard :D

Back
Top Bottom