First time growing

ScienceGrow

Hello all. A couple photos of my first plant. This plant is from bagseed. The bag was good, so I'm hoping the progeny is good as well. I've lurked long enough to know it could be monoecious. Not worried about it.

Being new, I didn't bother starting research until about 4 weeks in. That said, I used Scott's potting soil mixed with some plain topsoil, and added some edible vegetable fertilizer. My pH is still good, but I tested fert levels and they're all above adequate. Things are looking ok, I think, but I'm more than open to advice as I continue to learn

We're at about 9 weeks here. I have no idea if it is growing well. I've topped it after the fifth node, and trained it to grow horizontal. I did a sort-of supercrop to a few nodes, though I'm not sure I caused enough damage for that to have been meaningful. It gets about 8 hours of full sun a day, and another 8-10 ambient.

I noticed some white residue on the leaves today. I can't tell if it's the powdery mildew. It doesn't look like a lot of the photos I've checked, but I suppose it could be early on. You may be able to see it in the photos. Any suggestions on this?

Aside from what was in the potting soil, and the veggie fert I added (1/3 recommended dose), nothing has been done aside from watering and training. Any suggestions for me? I'll be letting this flower outside.

Thanks! I'll likely be a regular here, with a focus on science side, after this first test run.

20150726_111220_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
20150726_111213_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
20150726_111138_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

Looks great so far! :thumb: Are you going to start a journal?

Alot of troubleshooting questions get directed to this forum:
Frequently Asked Questions
or this one:
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

I don't see any issues myself. Maybe a little nute burn a long time ago, but it looks like she (hopefully) has gotten over it. I can't see any white residue in your pictures.

Back
Top Bottom