First time growing

Jharamy

Hey fellas! I need wisdom advice.
Here is some dry details:

Strain: White Widow Autoflowering XXL
Flowering period: 80 days
week: 7 of 11
Hight: 30 cm
light: 250 v hps, 25 cm from flower, enclose reflector, 2 fans= 1 for inside and other to outside. light is 12-12 from 2 weeks ago.
regular soil. 17 liter container,
water is 6-6.5 pH.

Regimen lights changed to 12-12 a two weeks ago when popped out "white strings" between the stem and leaves.
The plant is relatively small and the way he looks is ahead of the harvest,
because half of the white strings became gold/yellow.

I like to know from your own experience with Autoflowers strains it usually reaches a such low altitude at an advanced stage?
and what can be done to add more height and flowers to the plant?
In addition, it were possible I would have to harvest it before it reaches week 11?

Photos:
kbzl7l.JPG

zvoh37.JPG

i don't grow Auto but from what I'm told you keep the light on 18/6 they veg and flower in that light setup you have one plant? 250wHPS should be fine for that grow but yes more is better.

Thanks for the quick response, Yes I have one plant, this possible that I force to harvest before the end of the flowering?

Ya something wired is happening i think it can be fix if you revert back to 12/6 but make sure I'm not a big auto person i don't know 100%

My understanding of autoflowers is that it doesn't matter at all what light schedule you run. If you did 1/23 you'd still end up with a harvest, just a very tiny one. There is nothing you can do to force them back into veg.

With autos if you go less than 14 hours ON you will reduce yield. Best to stay up around 18-24 on until late bloom.

Mine started flowering at 7 inches tall. It is not uncommon. Autos are much more difficult for this reason and should be avoided for newbs. The problem is the stages of growth are changed dramatically and it wont have time to develop a good root ball. Standard soil blends will be an incorrect balance...and of course just off the shelf open a bag an use it is never right anyway. I have not dialed in the right soil yet for an auto as it must be much lighter and able to hit High Phos 3 weeks into the grow.

Then of course before you know it you have peaked the flowering cycle and need to start backing way off on nutes. A newb will have a hard time with this a burn the plant.

I have a buddy how does them in hydro exclusively and I think that is the perfect home for an Auto because you can precisely control the balance and immediately change it. You can get great results in soil but you have to know a bunch to really nail it on purpose.

I have a long thread going in the soil section about pot size for autos where some of this is discussed that you might be interested in.

I will paste a image below with a lot of data about how the environment should change over the extent of a grow. That is a typical hydro grow of about 3 months. You are looking at a grow of about 2 months so you have to get all that dramatic change in nutes (the EC line) done in 8-10 weeks. It is hard to do that in a purely soil mix not that pure soil is recommended at all... And since I don't recommend Hydro for newbs, generally speaking, I can't see why I would recommend Autos for someone who isn't fully aware of everything I just stated.

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

:goodluck:

Hi, Jheremy!

I grow autos and love them. Super easy. As others have said, you don't need to switch to 12/12 but you can if you want to save electricity. Lots of people do, but lots also keep their autos on 18/6 for the whole grow.

The photos of the cola you posted look fine. It's a good-looking cola and I don't see any problems, but I would love to see a photograph of the whole plant, if that's possible. Hard to tell anything about where it is just looking at one cola :)

If you've got 4 weeks to go until recommended harvest time, it looks about right for that. Not nearly ready yet.

Your main question seems to be "this possible that I force to harvest before the end of the flowering?"

Do you mean you WANT to harvest it early?

Thanks!

Hey fellas! I need wisdom advice.
Here is some dry details:

Strain: White Widow Autoflowering XXL
Flowering period: 80 days
week: 7 of 11
Hight: 30 cm
light: 250 v hps, 25 cm from flower, enclose reflector, 2 fans= 1 for inside and other to outside. light is 12-12 from 2 weeks ago.
regular soil. 17 liter container,
water is 6-6.5 pH.

Regimen lights changed to 12-12 a two weeks ago when popped out "white strings" between the stem and leaves.
The plant is relatively small and the way he looks is ahead of the harvest,
because half of the white strings became gold/yellow.

I like to know from your own experience with Autoflowers strains it usually reaches a such low altitude at an advanced stage?
and what can be done to add more height and flowers to the plant?
In addition, it were possible I would have to harvest it before it reaches week 11?

Photos:
kbzl7l.JPG

zvoh37.JPG

Good Job on your first grow, looks nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom