Southern Grower

Please tell me Anything I should know about growing, I’m new and extremely excited to start a new project with an amazing plant that is helping and will continue to help millions around this beautiful Country of Ours! Amen!

Cc

Attachments

• 27441D77-5638-48AD-9C8B-150A0C39399F.jpeg
    27441D77-5638-48AD-9C8B-150A0C39399F.jpeg
    618.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 1B55E8AD-9F33-4A12-B965-703674A0BF5C.jpeg
    1B55E8AD-9F33-4A12-B965-703674A0BF5C.jpeg
    733.8 KB · Views: 154
  • FAA5FA72-DD5A-4051-8F73-87BBD0A696A9.jpeg
    FAA5FA72-DD5A-4051-8F73-87BBD0A696A9.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 145
Let me know what you think in the comments please, all
Picture was taken shortly after watering, normally show a dryer soil... I’m new at the game. Thx for looking, love any input. I’ll be posting pictures frequently of the growth of my babies..... my setup is as follows; 2-300W Mars LED 19/5
Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil
Fox Farm Nutrients
Box Dimensions 2x4x5ft.
Carbon Filter
Avg. 27 Degrees C. Lights on
23 Degrees C. Lights off

Hi Grower, welcome to :420:

The problem you are going to have is the thread is in the wrong spot. I will send a report in and hopefully a moderator will get it moved to the correct forum. In the meantime, check below in my signature for a link for new Members. You will need to visit and get familiar with things before we can really blow out help you. You plants look really good right now. Nice job!

Ok great, thanks.

I have noticed the soil pH level
To be at 7.1, wondered if that should maybe be between 6-6.7? Using a soil meter for watering but I do know that maybe I am being a little to genourous with the water. No nutrients have been used. Thanks for your quick response. Im
Really enjoying this

Attachments

• 08FD465C-606C-4DBB-9F2A-27E0BE535E30.jpeg
    08FD465C-606C-4DBB-9F2A-27E0BE535E30.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 164
  • D9300105-7FD7-481E-9B2A-27DBF8D404EB.jpeg
    D9300105-7FD7-481E-9B2A-27DBF8D404EB.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 332C7B65-3C7C-413F-9848-745D91626E35.jpeg
    332C7B65-3C7C-413F-9848-745D91626E35.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 148
I have noticed the soil pH level
To be at 7.1, wondered if that should maybe be between 6-6.7? Using a soil meter for watering but I do know that maybe I am being a little to genourous with the water. No nutrients have been used. Thanks for your quick response. Im
Really enjoying this
Happy Frog is good soil so you won't have to worry about pH, but you will have to worry about the pH of the water you are giving it. What are you pH'ing your water at?
That curling could be pH locking out nutes. Is the curling one feel leathery or crispy?

Next is the LED lights. They'll cause the plants to use more Calcium so you should get some Calmag and start introducing that 1/2 strength for the first couple of feedings and then normal strength after that.
The pots you have the plants in are OK but I would highly recommend fabric pots on your next grow. It's hard to gauge when the plant needs watering. The soil testers that measure water moisture are not that accurate. Good growers will tell you to learn how to feel the weight of your pots when the plants need watering.
Check my link below for Proper ways to water a Potted Plant. It may shed some light on what you need to do.

A small peek inside

Attachments

• A365356C-D0A1-451C-90F3-EF3B6FFEACB4.jpeg
    A365356C-D0A1-451C-90F3-EF3B6FFEACB4.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 161
Let's call in the troops and see if we can get you going with a good group on board. Everyone of the below I have learned to listen to and each has their own awesome ideas and opinions. Please welcome......

@AngryBird
@Mr. Magoo
@Preston9mm
@Dutchman1990

There are many more and we'll get them in here as we go along.

Looks great bro...if there's any way you can suspend that exhaust fan from the poles up top you'll free up some floor space. Most try and get it up and in a corner at the back. I know your tent is smaller and you know it better than I do but just a thought.

Happy Frog is good soil so you won't have to worry about pH, but you will have to worry about the pH of the water you are giving it. What are you pH'ing your water at?
That curling could be pH locking out nutes. Is the curling one feel leathery or crispy?

Next is the LED lights. They'll cause the plants to use more Calcium so you should get some Calmag and start introducing that 1/2 strength for the first couple of feedings and then normal strength after that.
The pots you have the plants in are OK but I would highly recommend fabric pots on your next grow. It's hard to gauge when the plant needs watering. The soil testers that measure water moisture are not that accurate. Good growers will tell you to learn how to feel the weight of your pots when the plants need watering.
Check my link below for Proper ways to water a Potted Plant. It may shed some light on what you need to do.
Thanks a lot for the great advice, I enjoy learning and the challenge. Ive ordered some water pH testers for the water as I used those not so good tester for the soil. Should be here by Monday of next week. I have looked into those fabric pots and will
Order for My 2nd growing time. Look
Forward to
Reading the shared link
On watering.

Looks great bro...if there's any way you can suspend that exhaust fan from the poles up top you'll free up some floor space. Most try and get it up and in a corner at the back. I know your tent is smaller and you know it better than I do but just a thought.
Ya know when I put the last screw in I said “why the hell Did I do that.” Lol. I see why the top corner would be better. But I can squeeze 4 in their ok.... thanks for the message!!

Let's call in the troops and see if we can get you going with a good group on board. Everyone of the below I have learned to listen to and each has their own awesome ideas and opinions. Please welcome......

@AngryBird
@Mr. Magoo
@Preston9mm
@Dutchman1990

There are many more and we'll get them in here as we go along.
Thanks for your help ! Look forward to learning more about growing this beautiful plant of ours!!

OK I have a better idea now. I missed the 'box' setup and I'm thinking tent. I see the framework now in the one pic. I got ya now.
Lol, here is what I’ve done to my pantry in garage, I think it’s brilliant! . If you knew me you’d understand lol!! I’m Canadian. Excuse the Trump sign!! Ha ha. Unless your a fan! But no political here, all green!!! Stands 5ft , 2ft deep 4ft wide. 2 exhaust intake on floor and outtake on roof top left

How close is that light from the top of plants? I just taco'd 5 plants by letting them reach too close to the light.

:passitleft:
Oh damn. Sorry for your loss... my LEDs are approx 18-20” from
Top of plant

Back
Top Bottom