Quick question guys, after I harvest the Jack, will I be ok to re use that soil that’s only been used for that grow? Or would you suggest using new soil because of the nutrients still possibly contained in the soil that may affect the growth of the new seedling? Thanks !!! That soil I am using for the Jack is Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Started from seed in that 7 Gallon pot. Good thing my grow room isn’t 3ft wider, I’m only 5’7, I think I would find myself sleeping in here...:oops::hmmmm::slide:. Ha ha

Ok awesome. Thank ya!!

That FF Soil was $125 Cdn. Insanely expensive. But seems to be paying off. :slide:

Wow that's expensive! I would think that nutes and regular soil would be a lot cheaper.
Ok so you mean any kind of good $20-$50 Top soil be just as good ? I have a Canadian Tire store right around the corner. Damn it!!! Would love to save $. Just been reading and hearing lots of great things and with the added worm castings and bat guano etc. Thought maybe it be best for better grow but I would definitely love to save $100 in filling 2 of my 7 gallon pots. I thought I was nuts myself when I bought that FF for that price.i never did tell my wife. Now the Shipping didn’t help either. Thanks for the advice my friend.

Well there are two different ways of growing in soil. With nutes, and organically (LOS - living organic soil or similar) where you are basically just watering. There is also Doc Bud's Hi-Brix kit which is a type of organic growing.

In basic soil or ProMix HP, we add nutes depending on what the plant needs for that stage. With organic, the soil should contain everything the plant needs in the soil from start to finish.

Building your own soil is more complicated to start (though simple once it's done), and if you're interested, searching here and Google would be the way to go.

FFOF is soil with nutes already in it, which makes it more expensive, but I have seen it can be more complicated to grow in when the plant isn't happy with what it's getting. FFHF (Happy Frog) is more basic soil you would be adding nutes to with every watering. I use ProMix HP which is considered "soil-less" but I treat it like plain soil, and I add nutrients with every watering.

Well there are two different ways of growing in soil. With nutes, and organically (LOS - living organic soil or similar) where you are basically just watering. There is also Doc Bud's Hi-Brix kit which is a type of organic growing.

In basic soil or ProMix HP, we add nutes depending on what the plant needs for that stage. With organic, the soil should contain everything the plant needs in the soil from start to finish.

Building your own soil is more complicated to start (though simple once it's done), and if you're interested, searching here and Google would be the way to go.

FFOF is soil with nutes already in it, which makes it more expensive, but I have seen it can be more complicated to grow in when the plant isn't happy with what it's getting. FFHF (Happy Frog) is more basic soil you would be adding nutes to with every watering. I use ProMix HP which is considered "soil-less" but I treat it like plain soil, and I add nutrients with every watering.
Awesome Shed! Thanks so much! Definitely gives me some more knowledge and understanding.

Happy Saturday! :lot-o-toke:

Same here Shed, busy time of year especially with 3kids that don’t give me a chance to relax,ha ha ..... things are looking really good,

Ok so you mean any kind of good $20-$50 Top soil be just as good ? I have a Canadian Tire store right around the corner. Damn it!!! Would love to save $. Just been reading and hearing lots of great things and with the added worm castings and bat guano etc. Thought maybe it be best for better grow but I would definitely love to save $100 in filling 2 of my 7 gallon pots. I thought I was nuts myself when I bought that FF for that price.i never did tell my wife. Now the Shipping didn’t help either. Thanks for the advice my friend.

Great grow. Looks good.
If you are looking for a great medium at a good price I highly suggest Sunshine Mix #4. It's a soilless mix and has no nutes added. I find it great and for a big bale it's only around $25-$30 or something like that.

Great grow. Looks good.
If you are looking for a great medium at a good price I highly suggest Sunshine Mix #4. It's a soilless mix and has no nutes added. I find it great and for a big bale it's only around $25-$30 or something like that.
Ok great thanks Lizard! I will definitely take a look at that medium for future grows. Love how these babies are performing and keeping the beautiful green colour throughout. Knock on wood I have not had any issues with the nutes I have been using. The Jack Herer has really taken a liking to the Fox Farm products. Just the damn prize of a 56L bag of FF is $150+

Hey Everybody! Happy Friday! Week 12
Jack Herer

E009CA2E-C86F-4598-9748-AE378D7FD9B4.jpeg
35B5E7A1-842A-4F06-ADCC-E9B0DB35A0C1.jpeg

Love the sea of waving cola! Are your leaves wet in that last pic?
Yeah I’m Loving it! Looking great. As for the wet leaves in picture, just overspray from a plant younger about 2 ft beside it. Not spraying this baby at all. Humidity kicking at a steady 33%

Back
Top Bottom