First Time Growing

I'm sure for a well experinced growers hydro would be the most effecient way of growing. Being able to micro manage everything sure maximizes your production.

We are our own enemies sometimes

I think time is creeping up closely for this lad to leave the tent.
I do have another grow light that is a marshydro first sieries. its only a 120w . I also have a 75w light that i can throw in there and keep it closer.

ph 5.9 i drop it down when it reaches 6.9-7.2 | ph adjuster $600 :rofl:
150ppm (I have noticed the ppm dropping) I think its eating again. not sure!
res temp 19c
27c/61%
2020-06-23 13.15.58.jpg
2020-06-23 13.16.03.jpg
2020-06-23 13.16.07.jpg
2020-06-23 13.16.17.jpg

I pulled the plug today on the hydro plant. :rip:

Thanks for the tip. Once i am ready for hydro i will deffinitly get some pointers before starting

ya, it was going good in the seedling stages. I shouldn't of add mollasus into the mixture.

Yeah I think you ran the gauntlet of what not to do this first run but you definitely stuck it out to the end, learning everything you could along the way. I think you’ll see a 180 next time you give it a go, if you don’t end up becoming a full time soil grower first.

Ok man I read your hydro issues. I'd like to share some things that have worked for me. First. You need your temps sorted out. You have high temps, and wildly fluctuating Ph a serious issue, start with fixing and stabilize your water temps. Ive showed you what works for me, and its, cheap and ultra simple. I can get as much as a 20 degree difference from the ambient. You target should be between 18 and 22C. Colder temps will put your plants to sleep, warmer temps can be a catalyst for pathogens.

Here's a vid I left for Peelaf, you may have seen it. Before anyone says anything... i know the room temps are stupid high. I grow in a shed in Southern California, and it was 103 that day. An excellent example of the benefits of Silica and room temp.

Your pH will always be a bitch in a system with no volume. My rig is 50 gallons, I usually grow 2 or 4 at a time. The only swings I get are in the first couple days after adding Silica but it quickly chills out. Your chasing your tail in a small rig this is very common. Double check to make sure your lid is completely light proof. Sometimes the lighter colored plastics yellow, white,, will let light through. In that regard, make sure you pot is totally light proof. I chased my tail for way too long on this one a whole back. Be sure to use an inoculant for your roots. Hydroguard, which i understand is expensive in Canada is what i use, but there are others.

If you want to strengthen your roots Gen Hydro has Rapidstart, House and Garden has Root Excelurator (has got to be the Silver bottle, not the gold), both work great, House and Garden is nosebleed expensive. This is from Rapidstart

Use Hydrogen Peroxide sparingly. its VERY easy to over do it especially in a small rig. I do use it, and it works very well, but it will burn the living shit out of your roots (sorry, (there's no other way to put it), and easily kill your plant... even if it doesn't kill your plant it will seriously damage it to a point that it will never do well. Ive been there. You CAN use H2O2 to keep your roots clean, but you will need to add more every 3 days or so. The alcohol addition was kinda interesting

I didn't see much on your air pump. Mine is pretty large. An over sized pump isn't a popular topic, but ive had some very good results.

I like to SCROG. Its easy and very effective, but will not work if you need to move your plants anytime during the season.

Don't give up on hydro! Once you get through these issues and have tapped into DWC you'll find its the the fastest, highest yeilding method out there. Ive been growing hydro almost everytime since. I would be more than happy to share success stories

Ok man I read your hydro issues. I'd like to share some things that have worked for me.

thanks for the write up mate. I have watched your video before.
I havn't given up on hydro yet, just need to gain some more knowladge before i can go at it.
you are correct about the valume. The more valume you have the less headache you have.
I used to have a 10g aquaruim and it was a hell trying to get things to stablize. My 90g tank is so much easier to maintain and stablize. One thing that was easy for me stablize was the res temp water. With my ac blasting 19c of air around the 5g bucket was what made it work. I just couldnt stablize the ph which is key to servival.
I know this because of my aquaruims.

thanks for the write up mate. I have watched your video before.
I havn't given up on hydro yet, just need to gain some more knowladge before i can go at it.
you are correct about the valume. The more valume you have the less headache you have.
I used to have a 10g aquaruim and it was a hell trying to get things to stablize. My 90g tank is so much easier to maintain and stablize. One thing that was easy for me stablize was the res temp water. With my ac blasting 19c of air around the 5g bucket was what made it work. I just couldnt stablize the ph which is key to servival.
I know this because of my aquaruims.
You'll get it

how much did that ph adjust cost ya!!

Back
Top Bottom