First time growing

Kiwigrower420

420 Member
First time growing please leave some feedback

6216568D-6F21-474C-B2C5-46D25EA7F8E8.jpeg

030F0A68-B810-460B-9ACF-F03DDF6BB8CC.jpeg

Looks like early flowering. Time to do a little defoliation. A little at a time. Start by snapping off the big lower leaves that have gone yellow. In a weeks time do a bit more. Next take some of the big fan leaves from near the top of the plant so that daylight can get deeper into the plant. Down under the plant you can remove the leaves getting no light - they also block ventilation around the base of the plant. Never too much trimming at a time. This is just a 5c pointer, there's lots of good reading on defoliating. You'll get larger buds at harvest.

Cheers & good luck :thumb:

Looks like early flowering. Time to do a little defoliation. A little at a time. Start by snapping off the big lower leaves that have gone yellow. In a weeks time do a bit more. Next take some of the big fan leaves from near the top of the plant so that daylight can get deeper into the plant. Down under the plant you can remove the leaves getting no light - they also block ventilation around the base of the plant. Never too much trimming at a time. This is just a 5c pointer, there's lots of good reading on defoliating. You'll get larger buds at harvest.

Thanks for feedback much help and appreciated

Iv messaged you

First time growing please leave some feedback
Looking good for a first grow.

Like the others have mentioned this plant needs some care and fertilizing. While it is considered normal for Cannabis plants, especially those grown in pots, to start to show yellow leaves about 1/2 way through flower your plant is showing more than the normal.

Most likely the yellowing is caused by the plant slowly taking some of the nutrients it needs from the older and often the largest leaves available. When it has taken all it can get it the leaf starts to turn brown. Once the leaf is completely brown it will fall off or just barely hang on until the plant dies.

Since you are out of town a lot it might be best to figure out a way to fertilize your plants while at home. By choosing fertilizers that break down and become available to the plant slowly you might be able to come up with a schedule that allows you to work around when you are out of town. Probably will have to avoid many of the fertilizers intended for those growing in a hydro or soil-less set-up since those are quick acting. It is kind of late to be trying to rescue that large plant but think about a source of Potassium and a source of Phosphorous intended for soil or organic gardening. Unlikely you will be able to stop the yellow leaves but if all goes right the change in the leaf color should slow down.

Read as many of the discussions here on outdoor growing or growing in soil as a way to prepare for next year. You did well for 2022, better than many other first time growers.

Any feedback on this wee one?

5342CE69-8C31-413C-B8E6-EC6AC485AD0D.jpeg
The photograph is out of focus. I can't tell if it is a female plant with some swollen calyx or a male with immature male flowers. Either way, it does not look like it will be able to be saved. If it is a female plant you could try to help it just to get the experience. If it is a male plant then toss it since it will eventually throw some pollen, maybe not a lot, but enough that the bigger plant could end up with seeds.

Looks like early flowering.
:) Looks right on schedule. :) I figure that he is from the land of the bird known as the Kiwi. Or, the island nation we call New Zealand. If so, his first day of fall will be in about 10 days and he probably has about 4 to 6 more weeks to go before having to be concerned about harvest.

I get thrown myself when I see photos from the growers in the Australian continent area or just about anywhere in the southern hemisphere.:)

Time to do a little defoliation. A little at a time. Start by snapping off the big lower leaves that have gone yellow.
It will not take much leaf removal and the lower level of the canopy will start to open up. One thing I would be concerned about is that taking off any green or partly yellow leaves further up the canopy could be taking a source of nutrients the plant needs to continue growing.

Definite yes that the inside of the canopy should be opened up to get sunlight on any larger buds. Maybe consider taking off any of the really small buds that will not amount to anything that are near the bottom. Removing those small buds helps direct some of the plants energy to the nicer looking buds that we see in the first set of photos in msg #1.

Yeah, I think I'd write off the small one as a learning experience, or you could do some "sperimenting" on it, and see if you can bring it back. Problem is, it's pretty tattered, it could be could be a deficiency (most likely given haphazard feedings), it could be toxicity (too much nutes), or it could be bad roots (damaged and can't absorb enough nutes/water). Looks like it's been repotted recently? For the small one, I'd suggest flushing the soil with three times the volume of the pot with tap water, this will re-set the soil by clearing out any built up salt or extra nutes. Let it dry well, then start a feeding regime. Some N and some P&K, and see if that helps. What kind of media/soil are you growing in? You really need to be on top of feeding them, you can do it weekly if that fits your schedule. One feeding, with nutes, next feeding just water. When mixing your nutes, Cal-mag first, mix and wait 15-20 minutes, then add your fetilizer(s), mix and wait another 15 minutes, then PH your water to about 6.2 (this is for soil grows). On the other plants, they look pretty good, and just some tweaking with nutes will help a lot.

Any feedback on this wee one
Let it flower, then after harvest, have a party and roll the whole thing into a Chong size reefer lol

@Kiwigrower420 I can't find a PM. Maybe I'm looking wrong. Man-eyes I've been told

Back
Top Bottom