First time harvest in 2 weeks!

berrydizzle

I am 12 days away from my first harvest ever and just had a question on how to cure my weed after i harvest. Im going to dry the buds for like 3-5 days in the bc northern lights dryer (i have a bloombox), but then i was just wondering how long i needed to cure in jars for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. peace! :allgood:

Keep them in jars untill you pull them out to smoke. It should go from jar to bowl or joint or blunt or bong, you get the point. But only put it in a bag if you are trying to transport it with you, otherwise keep it in a jar.

Actually THC will start to degrade slightly after 2 months but not a real noticable ammount. If the bud you harvest is good then it will become smother and more flavorfull in time in the jar.

If you want to get fancy with it boil the jar take out while its still hot and put the bud in and put a lid on it so it vacume seals and when it cools put it in the freezer and it will keep the best. You can age your bud for a very long time this way.

ok 1st of all to cure the buds you should place them in mason jars. Dont pack the buds in there..make sure they have room to breathe. you should open the lid throughout the day so that way they dont get mold. Open and close the jar through the day. This should take 7-10 days. The way to find out is a smoke test. Roll yourself a J and if it smokes smooth & doesnt run then your good as gold

Marijuana DOES NOT lose potency after 2 months.
I have smoked weed that had been properly cured and stored for over 2 years and it was very potent.
In fact, 1 of the reasons to cure weed is because curing increases potency by up to 30%.

Post harvest there are 3 stages:
-Drying. After manicuring, my favorite way is bag drying, for a slow even dry. Slow drying improves taste and "burnability", plus jump-starts the curing process.
-Curing. I 1-gal food-grade plastic containers, the kind mustard/relish etc. come in. I get them free from the local deli. The weed must be put in while still slightly moist. A stem should bend before breaking. Bone-dry weed doesn't cure.
-Storage. After several months, when the buds have lost enough moistrure from constant "burping", the buds go into storage in a cool dark place in the same containers they cured in. I continue to check the buds for mold every week at first, then every 2 weeks, then every month, just to make sure.
Everything I have been/will be smoking, from last x-mas to this coming x-mas, is weed that I harvested in Oct. '05.

i thought if if the weeds a little most and u put it a jar i thought it will mold even if u burped it every day.. lets me get this right if the stem cracks a little i can put in the jars? i've allways waited intill the stem crack real easy then jared them..

I have never been able save any,ever. LOL
I bet the way to go would be Foodsaver as a member suggested for pollen storage along with a dessicant-moiture sucker.

There seems to be alot of debate on this subject I wish there was just one straight answer....
There isn't one straight answer for anything to do with growing. Too many variables can cause different reactions and results so while growing has rules of thumb, none are set in stone. What works for one may not work for another.

To have one straight answer to this would be helpful> But not probable> how I dry it where I live may not be best for you where you live> and vis versa> But one thing I stress is that it is dry enough, as so you do not incurr any mold growth or bacteria that happens when bagged and tagged to moist> Personally I prefer a 3-5 week dry-curing in a dry open room> or enclosed fan on lights off area for 5 days then into an open room for the next 2 weeks while trimming> using a variety od methods to store it in>

Back
Top Bottom