First time hydro plants issues.

cagycritter

Droopy plants, fist time hydro. 3rd week just switched to Mars 100 by 3 in 3 by 2 by 5 ft closet. Started under CFL and one Kessil 380. Switched to Mars light yesterday. ionic nutrients at 700 ppm. ph 6.1. Cabinet is running a little warm 77-81 F. water in 14 gallon tote ( Sprinkle ponics) at 75F. one air stone at each end. I think I started light too close and bleached leaves on one baby. will lower limp leaves come back? Or just roll with the new shoots? It does seem to have vigorous new growth at top. I am not sure it will let me post pics here I will try if needed.

Thanks for the feedback. I used to run closer to ph 6 in coco previous grows. I can run more acidic in hydro then? I will take a couple pics when they wake up today. Ignore the bleaching and burning as I made changes to correct this. I hear this isnt uncommon in hydro after previous coco/soil grows? The mars light look more reddish to me but I know you can veg in redder light just makes them change node distance. Correct? My kessil light didn't effect them same way, but I think I had better handle on hang distance up front.

Update, overnight the plants seem to have stiffened up some. But as hard as I bleached them I am expecting a few days of slow progress. I looked at them under green light still waiting on LED to come on to try for pictures. The little guy in the pics is mostly an after thought as I lost a couple as seedlings.

cagycritter.917844

cagycritter 1st hydro - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/medium/IMG_33638.JPG

In DWC & Coco I run at 5.7 -5.8pH, and it can drift to 6.2.

When putting a LED into the grow room and the plants haven't become acclimated, they will droop and act a little shocked. Raise the LED until the plants get acclimated to the light.

In this picture it looks like a little too much Nitrogen, the leaf tips are starting to "claw" down like a bird talon. 700ppm is way too strong for a plant that size, I hardly go over 800ppm in flower...I would try a ppm of 400-500ppm

IMG_33628.JPG

Thank you for the advice Buddrogreen. Dropping PHed water with small amount of calmag. I figure I replace 1/2 of the res with the phed water should take me down to about 500 to 550. going slow so I don't shock them worse. I am running ph down at 5.7 to 5.8. now question once I develop the clawed leaves they wont recover but new growth will be normalized correct?

They will be fine, the leaf tips will eventually stop clawing and going forward new growth should be faster & lighter green, dark dark green is a sure sign of Nitrogen Toxicity (AKA Clawing).

It kind of hard for me to tell color on these plants as I am using an LED grow light. It appears very reddish in color to me under that light I now think its not my imagination either as the inter-node distance has started to stretch out as would happen if you grew from seedling under an HPS light. I am down to 500 ppm now but my ph still floats high. This is going to be a problem here latter this week as its supposed to be mid 80s and the room is on the top floor. I keep reading about people who ( Cant afford coolers AKA ME) freezing soda bottles but I think unless I put another box somewhere else and recirculated the water in it would be too much of a shock to the roots. I just topped the tallest one to put them close to the same size here. other than the bushy autoflower lady I have no clue what any of these will be as they were the mixed free seeds.

Back
Top Bottom