First time in coco seedling droopy

candycane

I am using a 1200 watt LED Full Spectrum light it’s 34” above the canopy.
I am using Mother Earth Coco and Pearlite (70/30) , the seedlings have been above ground for 3 days and were germinated in a peat pellet. I have not started nutrients yet. The coldest it has got was 68*F last night RH 50-65%. I currently put a small space heater in the closet with them to warm it up a bit and at the moment the RH is 60% Temps 72*F. I put the Peat pellets in the coco on the 9th at around 4pm and gave them a light watering of RO water at 6.1 PH.The top coco is still moist not soaking wet but moist so I haven’t watered again because I didn’t want to overwater them. (Although to my understanding they should be watered at least twice a day but with the moistness still there I didn’t want to over water) . All the girls look fine except my white widow number one who has begun to have droopy serrated leaves, no change in color still green just droopy first set of leaves. Unsure if this is because I need to water or if they are too wet below the surface? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
B3335297-FE23-4C7E-BD32-7DAF6DBD2C70.jpeg
07809663-89D3-4681-95B3-CEA3F025CBE0.jpeg

Water daily now with 1/4 strength nutes, till 10-20% runnoff
ph at 5.6-6.0

drop yer light down 6" ish, keep that stretch down

Seems strange they are that droopy after only 2 days no watering in still moist coco... I leave my seedlings to dry fairly well sometimes 4 days before their first feed/water and have never seen that.. I am suspicious of the peat pellet, how big is it? I would avoid using them and just direct plant or germinate in paper towel then plant... Also, you do have drainage holes in the bottom of the cups right? Sorry for the obvious question not sure your background!

ph at 5.6-6.0

Thank you!!! I’ve already got the 1/4 strength nutes mixed up and ready I’ll get the PH to 5.8 and get them watered. Thanks again!!

Seems strange they are that droopy after only 2 days no watering in still moist coco... I leave my seedlings to dry fairly well sometimes 4 days before their first feed/water and have never seen that.. I am suspicious of the peat pellet, how big is it? I would avoid using them and just direct plant or germinate in paper towel then plant... Also, you do have drainage holes in the bottom of the cups right? Sorry for the obvious question not sure your background!
Lol yes indeed plenty of drainage in the bottom. This is my 3rd grow, got some in flower in Happy Frog and finished some a few weeks ago in hydro. Just never used coco before. The peats were mini peats. I used a rapid rooter when I did hydro worked out well. I’ve seen others use the peats in coco So I thought it would be ok.

Also, don't use plain water in coco especially RO! I'm sure it will be fine for that first time, but always water with nutrients in coco.
Gotcha my plan was to water with 1/4 nutes on next watering but was waiting for the coco to be a little less moist on top before I watered again. I should have at least put the Calimagic in but didn’t think it was going to take this long to be able to water.

Lol yes indeed plenty of drainage in the bottom. This is my 3rd grow, got some in flower in Happy Frog and finished some a few weeks ago in hydro. Just never used coco before. The peats were mini peats. I used a rapid rooter when I did hydro worked out well. I’ve seen others use the peats in coco So I thought it would be ok.
Ya it probably is all good, it just seems kinda strange, she is pretty droopy! I'd carry on as @Chris Scorpio advised and she will hopefully grow out of it. Sometimes seedlings are just funny until they get a couple set of leaves going.

Yup what Chris said, feed immediately in coco, it's just a sponge, no nutrients in at all!

Happy growing!

Thank you!!! I’ve already got the 1/4 strength nutes mixed up and ready I’ll get the PH to 5.8 and get them watered. Thanks again!!
ph at 5.6-6.0

I followed what you said to do and she is already perking back up! Thank you again!

what i did for my last batch of clones was, soak the coco in a light nute mix i think i did it around 350ppm. then when i planted the rapid rooters into the damp coco all i did was light sprays of water when the top got a little dry.

after the roots were coming out the bottoms of the 3" pots i started feeding to run off like normal.

It worked out amazingly, and this is my best and healthiest batch of clones yet.

what i did for my last batch of clones was, soak the coco in a light nute mix i think i did it around 350ppm. then when i planted the rapid rooters into the damp coco all i did was light sprays of water when the top got a little dry.

after the roots were coming out the bottoms of the 3" pots i started feeding to run off like normal.

It worked out amazingly, and this is my best and healthiest batch of clones yet.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll be doing that when I take clones later from these girls. :)

Hello , you cant over water coco as long as you have good drainage , perlite is a must also with coco , r.o has to always have some small amount of nutes in , i prefer spring water for the weeks 1and 2 of seedling and then a r.o. water of 5.8 with 200 ppm of nutes , then as the plants grows to its 3rd 4th set of leaves then i start slowly uping my ppm very slowly to a max of 500 ppm in flower ,water/feed every day

Back
Top Bottom