PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

I hope this is coherent.

It was a long process coming up with it. First was a styrofoam bobber from my tackle box. But it didn't stay put. Next was this black pipe which was step one; I tried wood dowl that didn float; then I tried balsa but it absorbed water and a coat of paint made it sink too. Then came the plastic straws; first I stuffed foam ear plugs in the bottom but they too absorbed water; then whalha I sealed the bottom end with a dab of silicon together with the plastic pipe reaching 3 or more inches below the proper water level and and one inch above the pot surface to keep the float upright.

At the proper full water line (2 inches below the basket); Mark the straw at the top edge of the pipe and there will be your full level baseline and each line above that (3/4") shows how much water to add at feeding time..... the pipe is a very tight fit nearest to the side in the pot. A second hole next to the gauge is just a funnel access hole covered with tape flap.

IMG_20200926_151922.jpg
IMG_20200926_142636.jpg

i like the straw method. Only question is how much light goes into the bucket from the hole that's made?
2ndly my main question is PH. How often do you adjust ph?
From my last experience i was adjusting it every few hours as it was shooting above 7

i like the straw method. Only question is how much light goes into the bucket from the hole that's made?
2ndly my main question is PH. How often do you adjust ph?
Almost zero light can travel through the pipe and hole! Light is unable to reflect down the long black pipe. Until a week ago, I was using the long red straws from seven11. But I found longer blue straws online. Just when the straw is sealed with silicon, each straw will not weigh exactly the same so I mark the lines individually.

As far as PH goes, I premix my tap water in 5 gallon buckets and my first step is to put the PH level to near to precisely 6.1 as possible, and double check again after all the nutrients are well mixed. And then I top off the water each day with that same mixture only 25 or 30% diluted with 6.1 water; then I pretty much forget about the ph untill the next water change. I haven't seen my plants suffer with this routine. I stopped stressing about the "exact" PH inside my roots as I gained more confidence in my methods.

If anything goes AWRY with precise PH chemical balancing, I change the water each week so they don't have much time to suffer. As long as my 5gal premix (and 5gal PH 6.1 plain water) I quench each evening with premix and water. Each line on my gauge tells me I need to add approx 1 quart.

PH is less stressful for me this way.

IMG_20201001_093629.jpgIMG_20201001_093732.jpgIMG_20201001_093818.jpg

Oct 1st Update | Flower Week 1 | Clones in Promix HP
2020-10-01 06.07.41.jpg

2020-09-30 16.52.31.jpg
Week 1 of flower is coming to an end and pre-hair of the flowers are starting to show properly. I have these girls on 3.5g of MC and each plant take about a gallon.

I am still filling the scrog net and to make sure that there is adequate light peteration. I might have to put up a second net since these girls are just getting taller and taller.

Oct 1st Update | Flower Week 1 | Clones in Promix HP
2020-10-01 06.07.41.jpg

2020-09-30 16.52.31.jpg
Week 1 of flower is coming to an end and pre-hair of the flowers are starting to show properly. I have these girls on 3.5g of MC and each plant take about a gallon.

I am still filling the scrog net and to make sure that there is adequate light peteration. I might have to put up a second net since these girls are just getting taller and taller.
It looks like you're on the right path to a good grow. Isn't it satisfying to see your first indoor grow doing so great? :adore:

It looks like you're on the right path to a good grow. Isn't it satisfying to see your first indoor grow doing so great? :adore:

thanks buddy, but this is not my first grow. However, These are the clones of the first grow.
My first round was during beginning of march/april sometimes and when my single final plant went to flower, it got heat burned due to my own diligence.
here is the post to that

Looking super healthy
we seem to be having two week of sun with temps around 75-78f
Yesterday i came home and the temps in the tent was at 86f with 40%. Good thing i came in quickly and turned the AC on
today i am leaving the ac on. can't take second chances to burn these girl like last time

thanks buddy, but this is not my first grow. However, These are the clones of the first grow.
My first round was during beginning of march/april sometimes and when my single final plant went to flower, it got heat burned due to my own diligence.
here is the post to that

My bad, I was looking at the title of this thread and thought it was your first indoor grow. Cloning is a great thing. I only tried it once and it was fun.

I am considering doing 2 clones during my next grow of photoperiod (chemdog4 and a Hawaiian Mouie). But first these 3 called Super Bud, autoflower seedlings are toughted to just take 6 weeks seed to finish! I'll believe it when I see it!

Keep em going!!!

Update Oct 2nd | Hydro-Clone
It finally has started. My second deep water culture attempt and hopefully things will go allot smoother this round.

This is the unknown strain clone that i've had in that DWC container about a month a go. The roots has finally grown bigger, but it has not yet gone through the netcup. @Pennywise mentioned that when the clones root to start feeding them.

I have now moved the hydro-clone to its final home, but it will be moved in the tent once it starts growing taller. Hopefully by then the tent is available.
Inked2020-09-26 13.58.02-1_LI.jpg

2020-10-02 23.42.35.jpg
2020-10-02 20.35.33.jpg
Currently I have the water just a bit above the end of the net cup. Since the plant isn't long enough the water isn't reaching to it at all. I am thinking of purchasing a small submersible pump tomorrow and set it on a 30min on to water the clone every hour.

I've also put a flat airstone that has a good amount of bubble to it, but i am thinking once i put a pump in there then i can remove more of the res water and allow the pump to feed the plant and let the water drip back into the res.
This should help to circulate the water and because of the dripps it will break the top of the res water.

Res Temp 71f
0.5 MC
1ml of Hydrozyme
Current light - 60w 6500K LED

Two questions that i am trying to figure out is;
How would i agitate the water or circulate it with massive amount of roots in there?
Is the timing for feeding good enough?
2020-10-02 23.42.27.jpg

That's all for today, enjoy your friday everyone!!

2020-10-03 09.08.42.jpg
2020-10-03 09.08.52.jpg
2020-10-03 09.09.08.jpg
2020-10-03 09.09.15.jpg

This is four plants that a friend of mine is growing. He had spider mites on the leaves and we sprayed them with pot it which was for spider mites. After spray we rinsed the plant off and dropped it back under the light2020-10-02 08.53.32.jpg

light sp3000 in veg mode with 25% intensity?
Three plants have roots and are going back to veg and 1 plant has no root. The green one has no roots yet.
@Pennywise @The Phantom @MrSauga @InTheShed Any ideas?

it is in promix hp mixed with 10% added perlite

Weather will cool off soon, that’s what I’m waiting for now

Around the Detroit metro area we had a couple months of cooler than normal spring and early summer followed by a temps in the 85's to upper 90s for over a month, followed by another cool spell. My heat has been running nightly ever since. Because my closet has wide open doors, the plants are well fanned and unaffected.

I only have AC in one window in the living room. So my plants have to rough it through whatever nature is giving me to work with.
Update Oct 2nd | Hydro-Clone
It finally has started. My second deep water culture attempt and hopefully things will go allot smoother this round.

This is the unknown strain clone that i've had in that DWC container about a month a go. The roots has finally grown bigger, but it has not yet gone through the netcup. @Pennywise mentioned that when the clones root to start feeding them.

I have now moved the hydro-clone to its final home, but it will be moved in the tent once it starts growing taller. Hopefully by then the tent is available.
Inked2020-09-26 13.58.02-1_LI.jpg

2020-10-02 23.42.35.jpg
2020-10-02 20.35.33.jpg
Currently I have the water just a bit above the end of the net cup. Since the plant isn't long enough the water isn't reaching to it at all. I am thinking of purchasing a small submersible pump tomorrow and set it on a 30min on to water the clone every hour.

I've also put a flat airstone that has a good amount of bubble to it, but i am thinking once i put a pump in there then i can remove more of the res water and allow the pump to feed the plant and let the water drip back into the res.
This should help to circulate the water and because of the dripps it will break the top of the res water.

Res Temp 71f
0.5 MC
1ml of Hydrozyme
Current light - 60w 6500K LED

Two questions that i am trying to figure out is;
How would i agitate the water or circulate it with massive amount of roots in there?
Is the timing for feeding good enough?
2020-10-02 23.42.27.jpg

That's all for today, enjoy your friday everyone!!

I see your bucket is running in Bubbleponic DWC with bubbles running under the plant roots.

I also see your air supply line is inserted down thru the clay pebbles. Would you consider sending that air hose down the side edge of the net pot/bucket? It allows the plant to be more free of root entanglement. Simply cut a slot on the net pot, as follows. This will let you lift the pot and the air stone is not entangled. The hose in the slot will block any light.

IMG_20200926_180242.jpg

IMG_20200926_140443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom