First time indoor growers: any feedback is appreciated cheers

Hey everyone, happy to be apart of this community now. Have read endless amounts of great information on this site. My partner and I have just started in our 8x8x8 gorilla grow tent. We have set up in a detached garage. We have germinated and started our seedlings on a 12/12 schedule. I guess we will be skipping vegetation for the most part? And going right into flowering? Here’s a pic of the current setup. 2 600w vivosun adjustable ballast. MH bulbs to start with HPS for later stages. I believe anyways. It’s not by any means a professional set up. But I’m hoping we can produce some beautiful flowers to enjoy:) currently on the menu. We have some gorilla breath/blue cheese/ and some widow. Look forward to hearing feedback from all and happy growing!

Attachments

• 1DE64A4C-1298-49C7-9504-2500223860C4.jpeg
    1DE64A4C-1298-49C7-9504-2500223860C4.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 9FAE0D3E-AF01-467C-B2FA-09571E2B0A07.jpeg
    9FAE0D3E-AF01-467C-B2FA-09571E2B0A07.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 201
Welcome! Nice set up, bravo. About the 12/12 light schedule. Your plants will stay in veg until they feel they are sexually mature enough to start flowering. However this will cause you to have lankier stretchier girls. I like to keep my girls short and stacked to promote fatter/denser flowers... thats me though. Each to their own

west Hippie thanks for the welcoming. And great to be here. I posted some pics with my thread. Did they show up? I will be getting started on my journal this evening.
Yes it showed up looking good ! Give me a @Westhippie when you start your journal!

Welcome! Nice set up, bravo. About the 12/12 light schedule. Your plants will stay in veg until they feel they are sexually mature enough to start flowering. However this will cause you to have lankier stretchier girls. I like to keep my girls short and stacked to promote fatter/denser flowers... thats me though. Each to their own
Thank you for the reply! And Hello! That being said.. I’m just about to start my next set of seedlings.. what lighting schedule should I aim for in the early stages to achieve a fatter/denser tree. That is ideally what I’m going for as well. My buddie/grow partner. Started our current plants at 12/12. It wasn’t what I was really going for. We were a little eager to get going! Lol

Ahh especially if they are autoflowers you wanna keep the light hours high. Most here have between 18-20 hours light for autos. I use 24h for veg plants and autoflowers but again thats just me. Most believe in giving ya plants a rest at night.

Welcome to 420,Greenjustice:welcome:

I can't really add much to the discussion,except to reiterate
what @Bilbobudkin420 said- your current crop needs more
hours of light to realize their full potential..
..and to say that's a sweet setup you've got going there!

Hey everyone, happy to be apart of this community now. Have read endless amounts of great information on this site. My partner and I have just started in our 8x8x8 gorilla grow tent. We have set up in a detached garage. We have germinated and started our seedlings on a 12/12 schedule. I guess we will be skipping vegetation for the most part? And going right into flowering? Here’s a pic of the current setup. 2 600w vivosun adjustable ballast. MH bulbs to start with HPS for later stages. I believe anyways. It’s not by any means a professional set up. But I’m hoping we can produce some beautiful flowers to enjoy:) currently on the menu. We have some gorilla breath/blue cheese/ and some widow. Look forward to hearing feedback from all and happy growing!
Deff want to give them girls more hours of light. Myself personally with seedlings and clones I use 24 hours light under either a florescant fixture or a cfl bulb, both work equally as well and can sit much closer to the plant without harming it

Welcome Green, same here about the light.
Enjoy the nicest, most helpful bunch of good folks you may ever meet.
Have a great day. . . . . . :party:

Thank you for the Reply and Hello. Wondering if someone can tell me what’s going on here and what I’m doing wrong !! My girls were looking very happy until the last couple days.. I’m having what looks like a lot of burning on some leaves? And this morning for the first time they are all very droopy looking? Also 3 days ago added a new 6” inline duct fan for fresh air in. It seems to really put a lot of pressure in the tent.. to the point it bubbles out the tent. So much to learn. Looking for any kind of insight. Thank you 420 Magazine

Attachments

• AE22F567-376E-486F-9BBB-0C3ACFE24937.jpeg
    AE22F567-376E-486F-9BBB-0C3ACFE24937.jpeg
    651.1 KB · Views: 119
Can you get us close ups of the effected leaves? I’ll leave this here in the meantime
Yep, need to see a full size, up close photos.

my gg4 just before I set to 12/12. sprouted Dec 20,veg'd until Feb 25. super cropped,I pinched it multiple times letting her recoup each time .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190313-220005.png
    Screenshot_20190313-220005.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom