First time medical patient not having much success

Smokinsum

Please help! I am growing for the first time, for medical use. Since I have never grown before i decided to use seeds that someone randomly gave me, so I can practice before I invest. I think that was a mistake. They probably found the seeds in a bag, and that means they were probably from a hermie, right?I thought things were going well but then pollen sacks started to develop below the beauteous white hairs that were growing in abundance. Only two plants, both doing the same. Definitely growing like a female but pollen sacks. I removed what I could. Buds continue to grow. But now there are those banana things growing out of the buds. Lots of them. Seeds will develop in there, right? Since both plants are doing it, should I just let it go or harvest them early? I don't have a magnifier yet so I've been going by the hairs. About 25% of them are turning orange.
Sorry guys, I suck at this! Please help!

Hi Smokinsum

Untill someone more experienced chimes in, I'd say go for broke and let them do their thing all the way. Since both went bananas, there's no danger for females to get pollinated, right? And, as you say, the buds continue to grow, you'll still end up with some viable medicine.

I've smoked some hermies before and, although I can't say they've knocked my socks off, they weren't bad at all. Still packed a punch.

All the best.

They can always be dried and used for cannabudder or as an infusion in or on other foods, like peanut butter. You don't have to smoke the weed. The idea is for pain relief and obtaining the healing compounds in Cabanas to increase and support good health.

Seeds, pollen, flowers, and leaves have all been used as medicine. So experiment. Let the plants grow to maturity and be creative about the results.

Please help! I am growing for the first time, for medical use. Since I have never grown before i decided to use seeds that someone randomly gave me, so I can practice before I invest. I think that was a mistake. They probably found the seeds in a bag, and that means they were probably from a hermie, right?I thought things were going well but then pollen sacks started to develop below the beauteous white hairs that were growing in abundance. Only two plants, both doing the same. Definitely growing like a female but pollen sacks. I removed what I could. Buds continue to grow. But now there are those banana things growing out of the buds. Lots of them. Seeds will develop in there, right? Since both plants are doing it, should I just let it go or harvest them early? I don't have a magnifier yet so I've been going by the hairs. About 25% of them are turning orange.
Sorry guys, I suck at this! Please help!

I will do whatever I can to help Smokinsum... those with medical needs get my full attention on these forums. First, good move on using bag seeds to practice with. The seeds in the bag just mean that the dummy who grew it didn't put the love into it that you will, and probably took all sorts of shortcuts just to get his commercial crop out the door. That does not necessarily mean that his seeds will hermi, it just means that he allowed pollen to get in somehow.. and probably is not the most careful person in the world. You will be well served to divorce yourself of this source as soon as you are able.

It is a common beginner mistake to mistake swollen calyxes on a mature female plant for pollen sacks. Squeeze one. If oil comes out of it, congratulations... you still have a sensimillia plant. Do not remove these. The yellow banana things are a different story.. we call those nanners, and they are male flowers. Pull them if you can get them all, and examine your grow room for reasons why this happened. It might not be the genetics, it might be that you have a stressor in your area. Look for light leaks, red pilot lights, that sort of thing.

It could be too that your plants are ready... it is common for our plants to hermi after the buds have matured, trying in a last ditch effort to pollinate any other plant in the area... it is what they do to continue the species. You can't always tell by the pistils (hairs) whether your plant is ready... you need to instead use a jeweler's loupe or a good magnifying glass to look at the trichomes near the top of your plant. If you can see 2% - 10% of them turning amber, with the rest of them cloudy, then that plant is done and ready to harvest, dry slowly and cure. Since you say both plants are doing the same thing, I suspect that this is the case and that congratulations are in order for your first harvest.

Check out those trichomes and get back to us. :)

I say toss them, buy new seeds, and start over. There's no point in growing hermies.

Back
Top Bottom