First Time need help...

Viracocha711

Hello, I would really like some advice on which types of beans to try for my first grow...I have a 8x5 room but I will have other plants in there so I have partitioned the room to allow for a 4x4 enclosed with good vent and a 430 hps totally dedicated to growing mary...Maybe 4-6 plants or whatever amount that is optimal for a 4x4 w/ 430 hps.

All I need is to order some beans and I can't make up my mind which ones to pick?

Thanks!

For some beginners I recommend bag seeds for a 1st grow, but you seem to have done some research so I'd have to 2nd Akornpatch's suggestion of NL.
If you want variety, NL comes in many variations, crossed with other strains.

NL remains one of my all-time favorites. It is very hardy (can survive mistakes/less than optimum conditions), has a high yield, tastes dreamy and the high is top-notch.

For some beginners I recommend bag seeds for a 1st grow, but you seem to have done some research so I'd have to 2nd Akornpatch's suggestion of NL.
If you want variety, NL comes in many variations, crossed with other strains.

NL remains one of my all-time favorites. It is very hardy (can survive mistakes/less than optimum conditions), has a high yield, tastes dreamy and the high is top-notch.

EXCELLENT!

...And, Yes, I had spinal cord injury and I am on permanent disabilty so I have and will be doing a lot of reading. I can't seem to stop actually.:cheesygrinsmiley: All I have is time and a 8x5 grow room to occupy my time...Well, I do trade a few stocks but that gets boring.

yeah, NL all the way. I've done NL from dutch passion with great results. I'll be doing Oasis next grow, which is NL #2.

OK, good I just placed an order with Alibongo(I hope they are a good place to buy, I already got a tracking number and it has not been 24hrs)

1 x The Church 5 Feminized Cannabis Seeds(Greenhouse)
1 x Female Seeds - Northern Light 10 Feminised Cannabis Seeds(Female Seeds)

OK, I have a question that may sound dumb...First, my goal is to learn how to grow good enough to try multiple strains to see which works best for my pain. However, I want to explore this new world as well. So, what exactly are you looking for when you select a different strain? Or are you like me just exploring?:hmmmm:

What kind of buzz does NL give? And have you ever smoked Oasis?

A last, have you or anybody else ever smoked or grew The Church? It said social buzz so I figured it would be good for the ole circle!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for your input you made me feel a bit more comfortable about my selection.

I'm just exploring different strains. I've never smoked anything that had a name on it until I grew my own. NL will definately not let you down. It's a good quality strain. I have never smoked oasis but I plan to!:cheesygrinsmiley: . The only strain to date that I was not happy with at all was skywalker.

I've grown

Orange bud - YES it really DOES smell like oranges! The high is very good but the yield really sucks! Only reason I would recommend this strain is because of the orange smelling bud. I mean, what's cooler then that? Oh, and it has orange hairs as well. It definately is a 1 of a kind!

blueberry - NO, It didnt smell like blueberries nor did it taste like it. the yield was decent and the high was nothing to complain about. It did have a citrousy aroma. I offered some bud to someone who has been smoking blueberry bud since the beginning of time and his opinion was. This aint no blueberry I've ever smoked. I'm guessing the seed company messed up my order on this one.

Strawberry Cough - by FAR my best yielding strain. It had a citrousy smell. I wouldnt call it strawberry smelling though. The colas get FAT as HELL! Its a good plant to top as well. The high is very good. I definately recommend it.

Grapefruit - By far the prettiest plant. My god does this thing have alot of trichs. It looks like someone came by and dumped a cup of sugar on the buds. It definately takes first place as far as bag appeal. The yield is decent, not as good as strawberry, but definately better then orange bud. the high is very good. However it does take a toll on the lungs after awhile. I found my self gagging on number of occasions.

White Widow - Not as white as I was expecting. The yield was decent, the high was VERY good. It was probally the most potent plant to date. It's definately something you should have in your grow room atleast once.

Skywalker - Well what can I say. I was dissapointed in the high. The yield was very good, but the potency just wasn't there. I'm not sure why. Skywalker is a mix of blueberry and mazar. You would think it would be a good plant. Maybe I got a bad batch of seeds. I dunno. I definately wont be growing this strain again.

Oasis - TBA

Hope this helps. good luck with your new hobbie. You'll have a blast. It's alot of fun and very rewarding!

Oh yeah, you definately want to look into cloning. It will make your seeds go a LONG way. Grow one mother and clone. You don't even have to sex your plants. You got fem seeds. I did the same thing. I have yet to see a male plant in my garden while using female seeds. Herm plants is another story though. Even with the herms. I still didnt get alot of seeds at all. Usually just on a few buds here and there. I only got herms on a couple grows btw

EXCELLENT!

...And, Yes, I had spinal cord injury and I am on permanent disabilty so I have and will be doing a lot of reading. I can't seem to stop actually.:cheesygrinsmiley: All I have is time and a 8x5 grow room to occupy my time...Well, I do trade a few stocks but that gets boring.
sounds like the life. :cheesygrinsmiley:
except for the spinal cord injury and all that, that sux, sorry bout that.

Back
Top Bottom