First Time Outdoor Grower in Portland - Advice?

brightlight

Thank you for the speedy response. I didn't move them today but was going to tomorrow. I'm a noob and was getting worried the sun + heat would burn off trichomes or terpines or something. My plants did suffer a nute lockout so they're a bit weakened but the buds are looking and smelling great. Almost time for a final pic or 2, i think.

Last week I thought the buds were sparkling at me but it was mostly morning dew. Today they've been sparkling all day. These girls are strong indeed!

Here are a few updates pics
Platinum Kush
image32453.jpg
image32452.jpg
image32454.jpg

Sapphire Star
image32455.jpg
image32456.jpg
image32457.jpg

Blue Magoo
image32458.jpg
image32459.jpg
image32460.jpg

The white flies continue to be a problem . They are everywhere in my neighborhood, just like normal gnats. I watch after my plants, but more just come. It's definitely troubling, but I guess I just have to work through it every day until I can harvest

Ive heard of people saying that when your plants are budding leaves will begin to yellow I'm not sure how much or how little but not to worry knowledge takes learning and learning takes practice. Not everyone is brave enough to take on this journey of growing the customised kind bud keep up the good work and always share the wealth.

Here are a few updates pics

The white flies continue to be a problem . They are everywhere in my neighborhood, just like normal gnats. I watch after my plants, but more just come. It's definitely troubling, but I guess I just have to work through it every day until I can harvest

Hey moss....try spinosad. Organic & safe to use right up to harvest. :Namaste:

Hey Moss, your plants are gorgeous! Great color in the foliage and the flowers are looking great. They seem really healthy. Hopefully they kick into high-gear and finish up in time.

Thanks JD- I'm crossing my fingers that they can bulk up in time. Our weather doesn't look so great over the next few days.

Likewise, just think indian summer. Next week looks good. Just try to keep them dry wed. and thur. Can you get them under some eaves, or into a garage by a window? I know I'm up against it too since mine are probably a good 3 to 4 weeks from done. I'm determined to try though, and that pseudo greenhouse I built has already paid dividends, but it puts them in a pretty unprotected space. Perfect location on the lee side of prevailing wind and rain, but on the wrong side of the fence. I live on a dead end street with two houses though, so all may be good.

It's been fantastic having you guys and gals to share this experience with, and I'm so happy it went well with everyone up to this point.

JD- I agree with you. This journey has been great to share with all of the other new Oregon growers! Thanks guys!

I have a tarp that I am going to set up to create a shield on the back porch , or I'll try to find another place to protect them. If I can set that up, everything should be ok. Let me know after the rain how your plants fare. Good luck!

Yeah, likewise, everybody! It's been really fun and we're just getting to the good part. You can really sense the anxiety and anticipation in the air. I was so intimidated about trying to grow one of these plants for so long and now to finally be able to do it. The knowledge base on this sight is priceless and the whole process turned out much easier than I thought. I'm going to be setting up my harvest "systems" here soon. Gotta clean out some buckets for washing and clean out the drying closet. I only need to buy some peroxide and baking soda and I might splurge on one of those fancy-pants trimming caddies with the screen. Sugar leaves and popcorn buds for edibles and everything else for home-use or gifts. It's a wonderful world. I'm still not seeing any amber trichomes yet, so I may still get to fatten up for another week or two. Pics and posts to follow... Cheers, folks!

I love the fact that there's so many people who are in the same boat as me . It's an excitement that we can't contain and it's legal.! But has annyone noticed the prices have increased for the same weed we've been smoking for years. Why? The cost should always be the same as it has been. Is this really happening or what! I've seen it as high as thirty bucks a gram. What gives?

My sister-in-law is paying 120 a quarter I believe. Haven't bought weed in 25 years so I'm pretty clueless. Can't you see the dispensary prices online?

It's not even sensible to charge more than $10/g if you're selling out of your house. Washington is triple taxed so their retail goes up. I'm betting the OR rec prices will be a little high at first. It'll all come down to meet dispensary prices eventually.

It's not even sensible to charge more than $10/g if you're selling out of your house. Washington is triple taxed so their retail goes up. I'm betting the OR rec prices will be a little high at first. It'll all come down to meet dispensary prices eventually.

I think the only saving grace will be that there's no sales tax until 1/1/16.

So here are my week 12 photos- I just started flushing yesterday, and hope that the weather and ripeness will allow me a full 2 weeks of flushing, but we shall see. Even with the excitement and anticipation of harvest, I feel a sadness that I will say goodbye to my girls - Dori, Osha, and Michelle :) - I have taken such care of them that they almost have personalities to them. And being my first grow, I'm proud of them and happy that they have given me such a fun experience. I'm sure everyone feels the same.

Platinum Kush- Michelle
week12_1.JPG
week12_2.JPG
week12_31.JPG

Sapphire Star- Osha
week12_11.JPG
week12_21.JPG
week12_32.JPG

Blue Magoo - Dori
week12_12.JPG
Week12_22.JPG
week12_33.JPG
week12_41.JPG

At least they will bring me as much happiness after they are gone as when they were here.

Just had to take a look and see how ya'll are fairing in this fine tropical weather we have coming thru. That's one thing about doing the outdoors here, you can damn near count on rain the 1st of Oct. Mold by the 7th. You might wanna shy from any of them longer flowering strains unless you wanna do a greenhouse. This beat the rain game sucks.... Nothing worse than investing your grow in something that might not come in. Hope you don't mind I take a look here and there. Nice to see the stage of other growing close by. More local people on here on your post, than anywhere else. GL with the harvests and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom