First Time Outdoor Growing

seraphoguz

random indica strains in 15 lt. pots.
they are one month old and this is their first day in wild maquis shrubland.
topped all of them last week and bend the first and second set of leaves.
using biothrive grow as the nutrient.
8 hours direct and 6 hours indirect sunlight
DSC036014.jpg
DSC035993.jpg
DSC035985.jpg
DSC035973.jpg
DSC035957.jpg
DSC035936.jpg

My aim on bending them was to decrease the height but maybe only topping once again will be enough for a reasonable height.
As I said this is my first grow,just try to copy a tutorial I found on net but probably doing something wrong on bending technique

My aim on bending them was to decrease the height but maybe only topping once again will be enough for a reasonable height.
As I said this is my first grow,just try to copy a tutorial I found on net but probably doing something wrong on bending technique

Very interesting technique. Never seen anyone bend the petioles(part that connects leaves to stems) before. However, many growers will bend lateral shoots(branches) which is what I'm guessing you mean to do? So, you'll need to bend/train the parts that are above what you already have tied down. If that's the case, you'll have to wait a day or so to let the nodes grow out. Hopefully, this makes sense. I'd recommend you check out some how to "low stress train" aka LST forums here on 420.

You're right : )
I did that terrible funny thing emptily,have checked some tutorials already and laughed to myself for a long time.
But maybe this helped the new two mains and the secondary nodes to get more direct sunlight for a couple of days : ))
I removed the wires and started to wait for the new mains grow out more,as you've said.And I won't top them once more,LST works good.
Thanks by the way,will share the new photos as soon as possible.As I said I didn't have any growing experience before;both outdoor and indoor.Will try everything on these random strains,basically don't have much to lost,except time.My other disadvantages are;first the soil in the pots not so good and I guess I have to apply some neem oil to the plants cause they are in the wild nature.This time I know,I have to apply that after the sun goes down : ))

Great looking plants :)
Like yourself I just started my babies for outdoor growing . Living in Scotland could work out quite tricky .
Interested your start methods and storage methods before they go outside.
All the best mate hope your rewards are good :)

You're right : )
I did that terrible funny thing emptily,have checked some tutorials already and laughed to myself for a long time.
But maybe this helped the new two mains and the secondary nodes to get more direct sunlight for a couple of days : ))
I removed the wires and started to wait for the new mains grow out more,as you've said.And I won't top them once more,LST works good.
Thanks by the way,will share the new photos as soon as possible.As I said I didn't have any growing experience before;both outdoor and indoor.Will try everything on these random strains,basically don't have much to lost,except time.My other disadvantages are;first the soil in the pots not so good and I guess I have to apply some neem oil to the plants cause they are in the wild nature.This time I know,I have to apply that after the sun goes down : ))

Haha. That's awesome. At least you had a good laugh. Mistakes are a part of growing but I think what's really import is how one reacts and their attitude. Hats off to you for that!

Great looking plants :)
Like yourself I just started my babies for outdoor growing . Living in Scotland could work out quite tricky .
Interested your start methods and storage methods before they go outside.
All the best mate hope your rewards are good :)
Thanks Anoubis
Didn't do anything unusual;planted the seeds directly into tiny pots and sprayed rain water for to keep the soil a little wet.Three or four days later seedlings were visible.Kept them in the balcony for one month,they were taking direct sunlight for 10 hours.In The middle of second week I took them to the pots that I'm using now.And I began to use the grow nutrient after the second set of leaves.That's all I remember.I'm a real rookie.
I've read bad things about neem oil and decided to stop using it but already used once.But have to say that,in here the season of grasshoppers started.
Used two tbs neem oil per one gallon of water.This evening I've visited the site to see what happened and only in one plant there was a problem on the upper part of two leaves.They were a little burned.It was an unplanned visit so I couldn't take any photos.The plants didn't grow up equally.Tomorrow will try to bend the new mains which are ready to do,will share the photos tomorrow.

Haha. That's awesome. At least you had a good laugh. Mistakes are a part of growing but I think what's really import is how one reacts and their attitude. Hats off to you for that!
I have to congratulate you,just read your thread and have to say that you've done an amazing job for a second grow.Keep on going !

This morning I've bended four of them
Hope done that well this time,I was a little afraid giving harm to the new mains.Hard place for trim works,lots of brier around.
Watched some tutorials about LST and saw a technique with screws around the pot in order to tense up the rope which were tied to the bottom of the plant and to the new main growth tips.
Didn't have enough time this morning to fix screws to the pots but I'll try that in the evening time
For the following weeks I guess I have to put them separately,but couldn't realise the distance between them if they'll grow up bushy.
DSC036627.jpg
DSC036602.jpg
DSC036593.jpg
DSC036584.jpg
DSC036573.jpg

In one of the plants I applied LST this morning,had forced the new mains so much.And the result is this :(
Can they fix themselves again or do I have to do something else ?
DSC036646.jpg
DSC036632.jpg

In one of the plants I applied LST this morning,had forced the new mains so much.And the result is this :(
Can they fix themselves again or do I have to do something else ?
DSC036646.jpg

Ouch! No need to worry though. She should recover. There is a ton of nice solid green growth and if it has a healthy root mass, all is not lost. I'd recommend you remove that top growth and then just let her be. Also, the other plants will be just fine. What's your limit on how tall these plants can grow?

Ouch! No need to worry though. She should recover. There is a ton of nice solid green growth and if it has a healthy root mass, all is not lost. I'd recommend you remove that top growth and then just let her be. Also, the other plants will be just fine. What's your limit on how tall these plants can grow?
Don't have a specific idea yet.They are indica.
But according to the location (sloping land) I think have to keep them around 1 meter= 40 inches...Depends on how much I will succeed in LST
Am i dreaming ???
Good to hear I can save the plant.
And I will have a question that I've asked before,comparing to the photo that all plants were in the same picture together,how many pots can I keep there when they will be mature.I'm asking that because I have to arrange cleaned areas in that maquis shrubland.
Hard work and have to begin from now on : )

Seperated them today about 50 cm. from each other.
Had some good advices,one of them was to half bury the pots at a 45 degree angle and then as the plants grow,stake them down with stiff wire loops so they will grow horizontally,but can't trust myself about this digging work.Guess I will keep on going bending them
Probably won't get bigger yields in those pots because they are not big enough,but no problem I want them short
for-web.jpg
for-web-8.jpg
for-web-7.jpg
for-web-6.jpg
for-web-5.jpg
for-web-4.jpg
for-web-3.jpg
for-web-2.jpg

I have to say that there is no observed harm but their population is getting bigger.
Maybe have to keep them until they want to go on their own : )
Here they are ....
DSC038078.jpg
DSC038078.JPG
DSC038068.JPG
DSC038055.JPG
DSC038049.JPG
DSC038035.jpg
DSC038035.JPG

What do you think,do they looked healty ?
DSC038304.jpg
DSC038285.jpg
DSC038275.jpg
DSC038264.jpg
DSC038255.jpg
DSC038244.jpg
DSC038231.jpg
DSC038144.jpg

I'm a little bit confused as you can see in that picture
DSC038224.jpg

Is that because of too much nutrient or less watering or the method I'm bending them down with that U shaped wires ?

Ok, your plants look reasonably healthy... but they might use some nitrogen, cause they look pale, plus calcium and magnesium, cause I can see deficiency starting on upper leaves. Also, is it powdery mildew on these leaves? How is your RH? Then, I'd transplant them straight into the ground as well if I were you.

When growing shoot for that kind of color with your plants
insieme2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom