First time, questions about seedlings

judemc

Hello several questions about my babies they are white widow auto flowers I planted them on February 11 and they sprouted on February 13
One of them is about 3 inches tall with the seed still stuck on top I tried to get it off but it doesn't want to move and I don't want to play with it right now I have an 800 W LED light for feet above the seedlings not sure if they are stretching they seem tall . Grow king said I should have the lights 16 and eight but I am reading a lot of 18 and six what is right for auto flower . I would like to change the times I have for the lights to be on is this a problem for the plant with the vents open I want to have it dark at night right now the lights go off during the day is it a problem to change the cycle at this point. I put them in to dry soil and Coco and perlite and have only watered around the plant should I water the 7 gallon fabric pots and should I use any nutrients . I have a humidifier and a small fan should I be keeping all three flops open at all times? I have watched hundreds of YouTube videos and it's hard to get specific questions answered that way I'm hoping someone will take the time to help me out thank you very much. I am going to try to learn to upload photos now ha ha Ha

Welcome my friend, I will try to answer the questions as best as I can.

Changing your light cycle is not a huge deal, the biggest thing when it comes to autoflowers is environment. You should have your humidity between 40 and 60% for the time when the plant is in veg mode, you will know when it has done its own switching because pistils will start to appear on the flowers. 18-6 is usually what people run autos at but they have been known to run up to 24 hours in order to maximize.

Keeping your flaps open is a question that only you can answer as usually Growers will open and close them top and bottom to allow for Passive Heating and Cooling. Passive Heating and Cooling basically means being able to draw air from the outside of the tent ,replacing the inside air constantly and exhaust it out through either a small vent in the bottom or a small vent in the top...... generally the top as it is heat that you are trying to exhaust.

I realize you said you are growing with an LED, generally when an LED is claimed to be 800 watts, it is actually only pulling somewhere between 200 and 400 watts from the wall. The general rule when it comes to LEDs and how close you can have them to your plants is when you start to feel the heat on the back of your hand when placed under the LED...... That's the general area. Plants specifically will be different, yours will likely be fine as white widows are known to be quite Hardy. Stress is one of the biggest things when it comes to autoflowers, they don't like it at all..... Hence that's fantastic that you have planted her in her final pot of 7 gallons.

The biggest single thing that somebody taught me when I first started to grow marijuana was patience...... Don't try to rush anything.

If you are using a cell phone, or getting access to 420 magazine using a nap..... Then you will have to download 420 and list 420 magazine as one of your subscriptions within 420 in order to download photos. If you are on on laptop or a tablet, I believe you can just proceed normally. The Forum has been experiencing some technical difficulties lately, that's why it's difficult to download and show photos with the actual app. They are in the midst of fixing it.

I think that's all you asked..... Let us know if there's anything else and I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Happy growing!

I forgot, the best thing to do with your seedling with its cap still stuck on his wait till lights off, go in there with a water bottle and spray your plant. Then go in 15 minutes later, it should have soaked up some of the water and made the cap a little bit more pliable. You can then flick it off pretty easily with a toothpick or something. Just be careful.

Thank you
Should I water dry bags or just around the baby and should. I give any notes or cal mag? Leave the seed on top for how long?

I'm not sure what you mean by leave the seed on top? I would not give my plant any nutrients at all until two to three weeks of age. CalMag should not be an issue until that point but usually what I do when I am starting my schedule of feeding at 2 to 3 weeks is I go nutrients, nutrients, water with Cal Mag, nutrients, nutrients, water with Cal Mag Etc with watering. At a small size, pour a small ring of water around the plant so that she stretches for water a little bit, it'll make her work harder and it will encourage root growth.

Use the instructions on your nutrients for seedlings and appropriate sizes. Usually most nutrients companies also have a feeding schedule online.

Swing by my journal if you have any more questions....id be glad to help if I can.
My new grow space

One more thing. If your girls have stretched a tonne while searching for light, if you repot them, bury them a bit deeper in your medium. All the tiny white hairs on her stem are potential rooting sites. She'll be fine.....

Back
Top Bottom