154724033072582485536.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 61
  • 1547240348958339847324.jpg
    1547240348958339847324.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 1547240360575810427221.jpg
    1547240360575810427221.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 71
Yeah, maybe increase the distance from the top of your medium to the "screen" to 14" so that you actually have room to work under it (you'll be constantly weaving and reweaving a cat's cradle of sorts, only writ large - before it's all said and done, you'll be wondering if 14" is enough, LMAO). Let the plant grow up to the screen and don't bother to "top" it, because forcing the tips to stay under the screen and grow horizontally instead of vertically will provoke the plant to start branching madly, so cutting away part of it is counterproductive.

Yeah, maybe increase the distance from the top of your medium to the "screen" to 14" so that you actually have room to work under it (you'll be constantly weaving and reweaving a cat's cradle of sorts, only writ large - before it's all said and done, you'll be wondering if 14" is enough, LMAO). Let the plant grow up to the screen and don't bother to "top" it, because forcing the tips to stay under the screen and grow horizontally instead of vertically will provoke the plant to start branching madly, so cutting away part of it is counterproductive.

Ok cool but the reason for the distance is to gain access underneath? if that's the case I do have room to work. but I was a bit exited to start tucking lol first time scrogging so I had put the screan that hight. would it effect the plants if I kept it like that? let me know and I'll make the gap to 14"

Ok cool but the reason for the distance is to gain access underneath? if that's the case I do have room to work. but I was a bit exited to start tucking lol first time scrogging so I had put the screan that hight. would it effect the plants if I kept it like that? let me know and I'll make the gap to 14"
Thankyou btw lol

The cord will wander as it's not knotted into a net. I use 2" X 2" wire fencing on a wooden adjustable height frame.

full

2" X 2" Screen in Wooden Frame

full

Right Hand Adjustable Slide - Note Nylon Wire Clamps Used as Guides.

here are some more pics the last one is one of my main branches snapped was so pissed but wtv Its in the clone dome now lol

Attachments

• 15472525649161485381760.jpg
    15472525649161485381760.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 1547252652192474470080.jpg
    1547252652192474470080.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 15472526811871416869593.jpg
    15472526811871416869593.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 15472534638701188185277.jpg
    15472534638701188185277.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 53
The cord will wander as it's not knotted into a net. I use 2" X 2" wire fencing on a wooden adjustable height frame.

full

2" X 2" Screen in Wooden Frame

full

Right Hand Adjustable Slide - Note Nylon Wire Clamps Used as Guides.
ok that's clean gunna have to think about making something like that

Ok cool but the reason for the distance is to gain access underneath?

Yeah. Before the end of flowering, you'll have LOTS of branches, and they won't exactly be running straight from the trunk to their exit hole in the screen, lol. Every time a tip makes it the minimal distance above the screen to have enough length to reach a hole that is farther away, you pull it back through and insert it into that more distant one. But see, as your screen begins to fill in, you'll occasionally ( :rofl: ) find that, although you see a tip that your growing experience tells you is high enough to move, there is no convenient nearby hole to move it to - so you must make one, lol, by moving a different tip into a different hole than the one it'll currently be occupying. And, since there might not be a handy open hole within reach of that tip... Stick about 80 pieces of string through your screen. Now move the tip of every one into a different hole. Rinse/lather/repeat many times - can you say, "KNOT!" lol? Yeah, you'll want a little space to work under there. But that's all that the space is for; again, the goal is to have a solid layer of buds at the top and nothing under the screen but the network of branches.

Since you are forcing the entire plant to remain at one level, you are defeating its light-seeking behavior, which promotes the mad branching. This causes your canopy to thicken, which allows less and less light to penetrate below the screen level. Therefore, you remove undergrowth in order to concentrate activity where the plant mass, food, and light-energy is. As the plant quickly grows up to the level of the screen (assuming you don't cut its top off, lol) and then grows along the underneath of it, you set your lighting at the best distance to that screen and leave it there until you decide to allow the tips to grow upward through the screen at some point during the stretch (generally the first 40% of the flowering period). Each day you will raise your lighting to match the height that the canopy of tips added, and you will continue to do this through the remainder of the stretch as needed. When the stretch ends, you stop raising your light. Because you know that this stretching growth will occur, you have the option of using the first part of it to finish filling in your screen.

Goal is one nice "top" bud sticking up through each hole in the screen. You may not achieve this on your first or second try. If not, a screen that isn't quite full is much better than running into the situation where you've filled your screen and still have tips left over. If, at harvest time, your screen is so full and so thick that you require a helper to carry the screen to your dining room table... smile.

Congratulations, you have now finished SCROG 101.

I used to use poultry netting (aka "chicken wire"). Single-plant grows of about eight square feet each, lol, took a little extra vegetative time. ~23-gallon plastic tote DWC setups. Ended up with a flat plane of buds - at harvest time, I'd saw a trunk off at the base, unhook the netting, and carry the entire thing to the table. Fun, Fun, Fun. I may have to do a SCROG later this year. If so, it'll probably be smaller this time.

Yeah. Before the end of flowering, you'll have LOTS of branches, and they won't exactly be running straight from the trunk to their exit hole in the screen, lol. Every time a tip makes it the minimal distance above the screen to have enough length to reach a hole that is farther away, you pull it back through and insert it into that more distant one. But see, as your screen begins to fill in, you'll occasionally ( :rofl: ) find that, although you see a tip that your growing experience tells you is high enough to move, there is no convenient nearby hole to move it to - so you must make one, lol, by moving a different tip into a different hole than the one it'll currently be occupying. And, since there might not be a handy open hole within reach of that tip... Stick about 80 pieces of string through your screen. Now move the tip of every one into a different hole. Rinse/lather/repeat many times - can you say, "KNOT!" lol? Yeah, you'll want a little space to work under there. But that's all that the space is for; again, the goal is to have a solid layer of buds at the top and nothing under the screen but the network of branches.

Since you are forcing the entire plant to remain at one level, you are defeating its light-seeking behavior, which promotes the mad branching. This causes your canopy to thicken, which allows less and less light to penetrate below the screen level. Therefore, you remove undergrowth in order to concentrate activity where the plant mass, food, and light-energy is. As the plant quickly grows up to the level of the screen (assuming you don't cut its top off, lol) and then grows along the underneath of it, you set your lighting at the best distance to that screen and leave it there until you decide to allow the tips to grow upward through the screen at some point during the stretch (generally the first 40% of the flowering period). Each day you will raise your lighting to match the height that the canopy of tips added, and you will continue to do this through the remainder of the stretch as needed. When the stretch ends, you stop raising your light. Because you know that this stretching growth will occur, you have the option of using the first part of it to finish filling in your screen.

Goal is one nice "top" bud sticking up through each hole in the screen. You may not achieve this on your first or second try. If not, a screen that isn't quite full is much better than running into the situation where you've filled your screen and still have tips left over. If, at harvest time, your screen is so full and so thick that you require a helper to carry the screen to your dining room table... smile.

Congratulations, you have now finished SCROG 101.

I used to use poultry netting (aka "chicken wire"). Single-plant grows of about eight square feet each, lol, took a little extra vegetative time. ~23-gallon plastic tote DWC setups. Ended up with a flat plane of buds - at harvest time, I'd saw a trunk off at the base, unhook the netting, and carry the entire thing to the table. Fun, Fun, Fun. I may have to do a SCROG later this year. If so, it'll probably be smaller this time.
Also was wondering how much longer should I wait before switching to 12/12

for now i guess its to late. thankyou

It won't stop you, it just... well, you know. Pay attention to what the things you do this time cause to happen (or not to happen, whichever applies) and at what rate, then remember everything (your journal can help with that) when you are running your next grow and using that experience plus any additional knowledge that you can pick up to produce a better grow. Even a mistake can provide a value, lol.

Also was wondering how much longer should I wait before switching to 12/12

That's up to you. Do you have an estimated flowering period length for the strain? Longer-flowering strains will have a lengthier stretch period.

It won't stop you, it just... well, you know. Pay attention to what the things you do this time cause to happen (or not to happen, whichever applies) and at what rate, then remember everything (your journal can help with that) when you are running your next grow and using that experience plus any additional knowledge that you can pick up to produce a better grow. Even a mistake can provide a value, lol.

That's up to you. Do you have an estimated flowering period length for the strain? Longer-flowering strains will have a lengthier stretch period.
It's a 2month flower Critical Kush

Well, I'll guess 23 to 26 days of stretch.

so I'm feeling adventurer today tying down some of my little guys let me know what you think

Attachments

• 15472999642781422096508.jpg
    15472999642781422096508.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 15472999821671329953314.jpg
    15472999821671329953314.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom