First time scrog any tips and pointers

wow that's a expensive scrog net , yes but must be plastic coated and hard to bend into the tight square sections you need .
wasn't expensive just had that rope lying around more time consuming to pass all the rope. seriously thinking of adding a plastic fencing on top of existing net

good morning y'all was just wondering copper wire to hold down beaches good or bad

bad, bad, really bad

We pounded copper spikes into trees to kill them a year or two before harvest.

Tortured Soul has given you some great advice, i dont have a whole lot to add.

I usually scrog around a foot above the media. I just use the net you can buy in 60 foot lengths for $12 its always worked for me. My frame is mounted with velcro on one side so i can hinge it up to get it out of the way after harvest. Here are some pics of my last grow

It stayed pretty flat. I kept tucking for a week and a half after the flip. 32oz from 4 plants

...and nice-looking plants, too!

hey guys so plants are doing well was thinking of switching to 12/12 soon ore should I fill up the screen some more let me know what you think

Attachments

• 1547941275037320591318.jpg
    1547941275037320591318.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 1547941294224836067304.jpg
    1547941294224836067304.jpg
    870.4 KB · Views: 20
hey guys so plants are doing well was thinking of switching to 12/12 soon ore should I fill up the screen some more let me know what you think
Id wait a little. I usually flip when all branches are poking through the screen. Theres no hard and fast rule. Some say fill the screen 75-80% either way you will end up in the same boat. The only problem i can think of is if you are running out of room. Here are mine.

Mine is a comparative grow between LED and HPS from one who has only used LED... kinda backwards. There is one plant still under LED

Here is how my 2 plant scrog looked on the night before flipping to 12/12, heavily tucked.
20190103_215144.jpg

Morning of the flip:
20190104_071650.jpg

And here today after 15/16 days of stretch. I kept tucking a bit for the first few days/week and have now been letting it stretch. You can see how much it's grown post flip.
20190121_071411.jpg

20190120_213137.jpg

Can't wait to get it a defol in a few days. So really if you have the light coverage space you can let em keep spreading some. I used a lightweight paracord for mine, it was thinner than 550 paracord but still soft enough to not get stuck in plants as they grow that I kept reading about wire and thin/sharp string possibly cutting in as it grows up into it. So just think whatever it ends up using that it's soft and gentle on the stems.

I followed the GH trio performance pack feeding schedule and went to transition week nutes on the flip then early bloom nutes that change each week uping the bloom nutes and slowly lowering out the gro nutes as the stretching concludes and flowers start to form. Seems to be going well following along that nute schedule (At ~50% strength).

Here is how my 2 plant scrog looked on the night before flipping to 12/12, heavily tucked.
20190103_215144.jpg

Morning of the flip:
20190104_071650.jpg

And here today after 15/16 days of stretch. I kept tucking a bit for the first few days/week and have now been letting it stretch. You can see how much it's grown post flip.
20190121_071411.jpg

20190120_213137.jpg

Can't wait to get it a defol in a few days. So really if you have the light coverage space you can let em keep spreading some. I used a lightweight paracord for mine, it was thinner than 550 paracord but still soft enough to not get stuck in plants as they grow that I kept reading about wire and thin/sharp string possibly cutting in as it grows up into it. So just think whatever it ends up using that it's soft and gentle on the stems.

I followed the GH trio performance pack feeding schedule and went to transition week nutes on the flip then early bloom nutes that change each week uping the bloom nutes and slowly lowering out the gro nutes as the stretching concludes and flowers start to form. Seems to be going well following along that nute schedule (At ~50% strength).

They look great

20190103_215144.jpg

Morning of the flip:
20190104_071650.jpg

20190121_071411.jpg

20190120_213137.jpg

wow what a boost from vedge to flower so I guess I'll go a bit longer before the switch maybe another week
your plants are looking great thought

I've been waiting in flower till day 21 of flowering to do a big trim on the fan leaves and any other little lower growth to make sure all the growth sites get lots of light. The canopy has gotten pretty thick with the stretch so to keep airflow and humidity in check they will get trimmed back. A lot will also do a good trim at the start of flower transition knowing it'll stretch and re-grow a ton of leaves over the 3 week stretch time.

Stltoed and Sativuhhh - sick job, plant and canopy look great.

Gratalla - good luck with the grow and scrog, you’ve got a lot of good insight here from TS and team to be successful. One thing I’ll comment on, (and that Old Salt highlighted) is the adjustable height. IMO, always try to have this as an option so you can manipulate the level of your net or quickly add more layers. A lot of people build a trellis/ scrog frame with netting and legs under it (which works great), but if you turn that design upside down it gives you way more flexibility. Just use longer PVC poles where the *legs* go it’ll give you the ability to adjust up as high as you want, down, or easily add layers via velcro, zip ties, etc.. I actually just built a new scrog frame this morning using a steel frame that bolt cutters made quick work of :). Pic looks a bit ugly as I just ripped plants through about an hour ago, but so far I like the resilience of the steel and will be adding a second layer tomorrow so I can weave during final 1.5 weeks of stretch.

Also, don’t fret snapping branches, it will happen A LOT. Just remember you’re in it for the greater good - gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

C553EC03-0EB3-44AF-B8E4-0D9049F6CB2B.jpeg

B40522CE-3C65-467B-81F7-735AF7290E8C.jpeg

Stltoed and Sativuhhh - sick job, plant and canopy look great.

Gratalla - good luck with the grow and scrog, you’ve got a lot of good insight here from TS and team to be successful. One thing I’ll comment on, (and that Old Salt highlighted) is the adjustable height. IMO, always try to have this as an option so you can manipulate the level of your net or quickly add more layers. A lot of people build a trellis/ scrog frame with netting and legs under it (which works great), but if you turn that design upside down it gives you way more flexibility. Just use longer PVC poles where the *legs* go it’ll give you the ability to adjust up as high as you want, down, or easily add layers via velcro, zip ties, etc.. I actually just built a new scrog frame this morning using a steel frame that bolt cutters made quick work of :). Pic looks a bit ugly as I just ripped plants through about an hour ago, but so far I like the resilience of the steel and will be adding a second layer tomorrow so I can weave during final 1.5 weeks of stretch.

Also, don’t fret snapping branches, it will happen A LOT. Just remember you’re in it for the greater good - gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

C553EC03-0EB3-44AF-B8E4-0D9049F6CB2B.jpeg

B40522CE-3C65-467B-81F7-735AF7290E8C.jpeg
awsome thanks for the help guys I'm actually understanding and seing what your talking about this is my first scrog but I will be doing major net changes next session

Back
Top Bottom