First Time Vaper, Moving From Gummies To Vaping

ZoeyMyPet123

420 Member
Im moving to vaping as i think it may be cheaper than gummies per-mg per-day. ive never vaped before ive got a cartridge and pen, still trying to figure the button out.

But I need some advice. I see all the reviews on this and that flower, but dont know what that means with a cartridge name. With edibles and vaping your kinda at the mercy of the maker.

Do the strain names at least line up pretty well in the industry ?

im also at a loss to judge voltage, i bought a variable one for my very viscous oil. But still dont know how to judge if im burning it or not getting it hot enough. ive googled quite abit but still dont know what to do.

-TY

Im moving to vaping as i think it may be cheaper than gummies per-mg per-day. ive never vaped before ive got a cartridge and pen, still trying to figure the button out.

But I need some advice. I see all the reviews on this and that flower, but dont know what that means with a cartridge name. With edibles and vaping your kinda at the mercy of the maker.

Do the strain names at least line up pretty well in the industry ?

im also at a loss to judge voltage, i bought a variable one for my very viscous oil. But still dont know how to judge if im burning it or not getting it hot enough. ive googled quite abit but still dont know what to do.

-TY

If you live in an area with a legal, regulated market you should be able to buy from a licensed dispensary. In this case you have a very high chance that the strain is what's on the label.

Some of the vape cartridges made for the black/grey market are as advertised, others have the name of a strain that sells well put on them, regardless of the content. It's buyer beware out there.

There is no universal setting for box mod(battery) and cartridges. Start with a low setting , and work up to where you get a burnt taste, then back off. That will be the highest setting for that box mod/cartridge combination. You can drop down from that to get the best results for you. It's very much a subjective setting.

Get to know your box mod/cartridge combination. When you have that mastered, you'll probably want to upgrade. What to upgrade to depends very much on the material the atomizer or heater coil in the cartridge is made of. Some are made from tungston or nickel. These are best used with a temperature controlled box mod. Others are made from kanthal, and these are best used with a power controlled box mod. Many box mods are capable of both. You will need to research what's currently available, both for the cartridges and box mods. My go to box mod is an early Wismec Reuleaux with the Evolv DNA, but I don't use cannabis cartridges.

I have a ABX oil plugged into a exxus pen. Trying to keep the smell down isnt going to plan. but im not hung over or to tired to work the next day.

Yup old salt covered it pretty well. I have a nice box: lost vape paranormal with dna chipset. One of the best temp control boxes you can get but I also don't use canna carts on it. I like the stainless mesh coils in my tanks.

If your hit doesn't taste burnt and there's enough vapor your power level is good. When the power gets too high you'll taste a distinct burning taste.

I was having trouble keeping the smoke down. Never smoked MJ or nicotine cigs ever so... err.... at the age of 38 i guess theres a learning curve. :nervous-guy: I was pretty well set for the night mostly dizzy, my nerve injury pain was gone, but no euphoria. About 1.5 puffs I couldnt do any more.

Not sure how to use the exxus, this one has a button but no instructions. Ive been using google and it puts out smoke so it must be working.

is it possible to find out what a particular cart maker uses for resistance for the coil ? I see graphs try to give guidance on this in ohm versus volt graphs.

also should i be breathing in deeply ? many on google say one way and not the other and it get confusing. I was also reading one article then got to the bottom and sure enough they were trying to sell a magic device to solve all these mythical problems better than anyone else.

is it possible to find out what a particular cart maker uses for resistance for the coil ? I see graphs try to give guidance on this in ohm versus volt graphs.

also should i be breathing in deeply ? many on google say one way and not the other and it get confusing. I was also reading one article then got to the bottom and sure enough they were trying to sell a magic device to solve all these mythical problems better than anyone else.

Many box mods have an ohm meter built in. If yours does not, you can use any multimeter capable of measuring low resistances. I've seen them well below an ohm.

Back
Top Bottom