First Timer - Grow Tent - White Widow

favabean

Hi Everyone! Excited to actually be making my first post...have been reading these forums for months.

I started my first grow tent. Only doing 2 plants for now. Heres what I have...

Best Choice Grow Tent 63 x 32 x 32 inches
GalaxyHydro LED Light 300W
G-Leaf 4 inch inline fan with carbon filter
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Soil Trio
5 Gallon Smart pots
Feminized White Widow seeds

We are putting my tent upstairs which doesn't get much cold air. We just installed a window air conditioner next to the tent and will be monitoring temperature.

4 days ago I soaked the seeds for 24 hours in filtered water. Then I planted the seeds in small pots. On day three the sprouts shot up and looked like they were stretching as I didn't have them near a light (just by a window). I added soil to the pots to give more support to the stems and now have them in the tent. Here are the pictures of my first babies :)

420-magazine-mobile1683931329.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2122073606.jpg

Currently the tent is 82 degrees...working on getting it in the seventies now that I just installed AC. Humidity is 34%

Any tips, information would be greatly appreciated as this is my first grow. Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm a new grower too, and it looks like you're off and growing with a decent setup. You should do well using quality products.I keep my RH at least 60% or so and temps around 76-80F pH around 6.3. I would use plain water for the first 2 weeks or you may burn up the tips, as FFOF has some nutes in it. Wait until the stems are thicker than a toothpick before you start nutes. Some seedlings can handle it but some can't it seems. Use a mild solution until they are a month old or so.

Check out my grow in the link below and hope some of this helps you. Cheers!

Lookin good growing fast!. One thing I noticed is that plants actually grow faster under a mix of Cool white CFL & LED. So I added a T2 fixture above the LED to help get better coverage and stimulate veg. Seems to work great along with FIM and Supercrop. I also read here that you should rotate them 1/4 turn every day to expose new growth to different light angles. HTH Cheers!

Day 13. Some of the leaves looking yellow at the tips...I think it's light burn? I have the light about 5 inches away, but just was reading and most people are keeping this led light around 12-24 inches away. Going to try to raise light and see if that helps.

420-magazine-mobile1007214127.jpg

420-magazine-mobile807536445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I moved the light up considerably and haven't had any more leaf tips turn yellow so I think I solved that problem. One of my plants is looking droopy today ...the soil is extra dry so hoping some water will perk it back up.

I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon smart pots. When do you guys usually transplant and start nutes?

420-magazine-mobile237665012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1963478262.jpg

Hi FB, subbed into your grow if you don't mind! I'm also a new grower and I have a couple of 300w LED's. For seedlings and the young, they need to be 18" above your soil. When the plant gets older you can lower it to 12". The retarded and crinkly leaves are a sign that the light was too close, so good call! :thumb:

Since yours seeds aren't autos, wait until the leaves hit the edges of your current pot, then up-pot them to the next size. When the plants reach the edge of those pots, you can up-pot again. Jumping from a small pot to a really big pot leads to frustration (for me and the plant) imho. It takes the roots longer to grow into the big pot, and that slows down the leaf growth. Just my opinion.

You're doing a great job on your first grow. Mine was a disaster. I'm on my second, third and fourth grow AT THE SAME TIME if you want to check it out in my signature...

Be kind to your plants and yourself!

Planning on transplanting to smart pots soon but had a question....I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots. I wanted to do LST on my plants ...how does that work with transplanting? I have seen people safety pin the ties to the smart pots for LST - so do you just remove all the ties then transplant and then re tie or is it best to just stick my small plants into the 5 gallon pot so I don't have to transplant again after starting LST?

Thanks everyone! Just transplanted them into 3 gallon smart pots. Still using fox farm ocean soil. I have decided to name my two plants...shall post soon when I think of good names.. As of now, here are the babies...
420-magazine-mobile1530930738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2051542019.jpg

Had some good growth since transplanting. Topping them today.

Here is before of first one - I named him Ron Swanson.
420-magazine-mobile832683343.jpg

After topping
420-magazine-mobile1910935606.jpg

Before of second one - I named him Jean-Ralphio.
420-magazine-mobile1060839480.jpg

After topping
420-magazine-mobile109309862.jpg

Here are both the babies
420-magazine-mobile1770028694.jpg

I know but it was either Disney princess or funny parks and rec - opted for the funny ..

True, they're looking great though! :bravo: I'm by no means an expert but my girls are currently in their 8th week of flowering so if you have any questions feel free to stop by and ask I'll do my best to get you the correct info.

Back
Top Bottom