First Timer, LandoC Attempting Indoor Purple Kush In Soil, 2020

I will look a little closer today for sex, any tips when looking? I have a general idea what to look for? Good news about light distance, I calculated for 18” so I have plenty of vertical left then! I can get my light to almost 9” from the ceiling, filters and fan/ ducting is all up top. I can let the babies veg for awhile longer then, that is excellent news sir! Yes you are correct, I am definitely over thinking this stretch thang!

It looks like I have a least a couple of girls so far!
B02DDFAC-29FA-428D-AAFB-E5621904406D.jpeg

Thanks @HunterNitro for the clarification on the stretch calculations! Super stoked, I have lots of room to grow now...I can get away with another 10” of growth before I need to sweat it! I will top again in a day or two, and try and get an even...ish canopy? I can LST all the bottom growth with binder clips, and pipe cleaners! Many Mahalos to @Sunnyskies for the suggestion! I’m starting to get a grasp on how this wicked weed will grow now? Many wonderful things learned from many wonderful people on this site! Thanks again everyone! let’s do it for the Sticky Icky. :yummy:

Attachments

• 178271A5-71D1-4A6F-BF6B-794C47820A2D.jpeg
    178271A5-71D1-4A6F-BF6B-794C47820A2D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • BA51888E-2BAD-4242-A656-8E8255F91F00.jpeg
    BA51888E-2BAD-4242-A656-8E8255F91F00.jpeg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 6D96115B-13E5-44A7-B768-902CF05C61C1.jpeg
    6D96115B-13E5-44A7-B768-902CF05C61C1.jpeg
    950 KB · Views: 51
Heck yeah my Braddah! Let those babies rip. The best teacher at this shit is going to be personal experience and observing as you go. Just sitting in your garden and tinkering with everything. For a first grow I would say you are doing stellar so far. Don’t sweat the small stuff.. it’s a weed after all. That tent is gonna be full of buds in no time.

:passitleft:

Happy Wheelie Wednesday everybody!

Here we go day 37, things are still growing over here! Could be getting close to another topping all round? The bottom growth is picking up the pace a bit, they have the strength to endure the long haul...they will get to the top of the canopy one way or another. Fat juicy nuggets is what they’re hoping to achieve.

Attachments

• 64FDA7D7-3D2A-4874-8108-D1EA884C4636.jpeg
    64FDA7D7-3D2A-4874-8108-D1EA884C4636.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 86D7C2BD-76C6-421B-A668-79C6C15875E7.jpeg
    86D7C2BD-76C6-421B-A668-79C6C15875E7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 5578E9C2-A763-48B6-B603-FC7AFD79BEC0.jpeg
    5578E9C2-A763-48B6-B603-FC7AFD79BEC0.jpeg
    946 KB · Views: 51
They are humming right along my Braddah! Nice work! :yummy:

Dude those tops came out amazing and fast. How do you like that topping method? You can top them earlier as well if you wanted less nodes before the topping on your next grow. Yea you could top your tallest tops again if you wanted the rest to catch up. That would give you 4 tops out the main stalk.

Did you come up with any type of net to put up so you can spread the tops out even when they hit it? Or are you just going to let them grow?

I love the @HunterNitro topping method, seems way less destructive than cutting, and they have healed up quickly! I want to do some netting, but I think for my first grow just growing naturally would be good for me to learn? Also less plants maybe easier to handle with a net, and start the net lower as well? Or should I just build a net pronto like, and stop pussyfooting around?
I’m not sure about topping again, the lower growth is really starting to pick up now...if I do top again? Should I wait until they grow 3 nodes, and top the 4th?

Haha im not for sure what to suggest. If they were mine I would most likely build a net. I have pretty much every grow for the past 6 years though so im a little bias. I just like the net for support and you can spread the tops out. Ive never really had colas that didnt need supporting due to weight so always ending up rigging up something... Which is a good thing :p.

Look around at others journals and get an idea of what you want to try. I never move my plants after 3-4 weeks so its no big deal to me. You could just let them grow natural this grow and do your toppings to keep them semi even and see how you like it. Decisions decisions :laughtwo:

Another day, another couple doobies! But what strain to smoke today? More decisions...I was on my way to get groceries yesterday, and ended up at Home Depot shopping for Scrog ingredients. With the transfer pump and shop-vac technique from @HunterNitro...I went and looked thru your grow journals again...then came up with a plan to go scrogging! It seems like it’s the most logical way to grow in a tent, maximizing light, and height. I am doing this for personal use, but a higher yield would be nice...there is a lot of time/effort/ resources put into this hobby, why not try and get the maximum return...right? I think the net is probably higher than it should be? I need to start training/topping sooner, so I can get the net further down? This being my first grow, I’m sure it will all be clearer as time moves on...today I read more about scrogging! The pictures were taken last night, this morning one plant was at the level of the net already...almost time for another topping.

Attachments

• B881A7F3-38BB-4C06-B6B8-2A2B8F8F23ED.jpeg
    B881A7F3-38BB-4C06-B6B8-2A2B8F8F23ED.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • 342E57C1-1FCD-40A3-A6F5-E85187B8CDCA.jpeg
    342E57C1-1FCD-40A3-A6F5-E85187B8CDCA.jpeg
    935.2 KB · Views: 46
DUDE! That thing looks sweet! How many feet is it up right now? I think thats a perfect height just from looking at the pics. You want to leave enough room so you can get in and water/drain well enough.

You can still top them and start training once they reach the net. I let the growth grow up 3-4 inches and then I pull it under the net in the direction I want it to go. They will spread out FAST and especially since you have 5 plants. Once you spread them out and get the canopy you want you are good.

If you want to limit your vertical height, You can get the net almost as full as you want, Flip to 12/12 flower, keep training them in the net for a week, and then let them start growing up and stretching for the 2-3 week of flower. You dont want to train them in the net through all of the stretch as you want them to stretch past the net but doing it for a week will limit the height. Hope this makes sense. Looking good!

DUDE! That thing looks sweet! How many feet is it up right now? I think thats a perfect height just from looking at the pics. You want to leave enough room so you can get in and water/drain well enough.

You can still top them and start training once they reach the net. I let the growth grow up 3-4 inches and then I pull it under the net in the direction I want it to go. They will spread out FAST and especially since you have 5 plants. Once you spread them out and get the canopy you want you are good.

If you want to limit your vertical height, You can get the net almost as full as you want, Flip to 12/12 flower, keep training them in the net for a week, and then let them start growing up and stretching for the 2-3 week of flower. You dont want to train them in the net through all of the stretch as you want them to stretch past the net but doing it for a week will limit the height. Hope this makes sense. Looking good!

Thanks my Braddah! I appreciate the help thru this, you’re making it easy with all the pro-tips!
I went in for a look, and some thought about this here procedure...it’s all starting to make sense in how to manipulate the branches, and utilize the open areas! Totally fucking stoked over here!
Thanks again...
:passitleft:

Lxnoap 1 X Portable 60X Microscope Magnifier Magnifying Eye Jeweler Loupe
1664582133513.png

Cheaply made but very easy to get in the plants and check. Has a LED on it which for me is a must. Viewing circle could def be bigger but it works for me.

I knew it wouldnt be long before they hit the net. Time to fill it up! Shouldnt take long for that with 5 plants.

Heck yea! I started indoors years ago, with one plant, then onto two, and then back to one plant and have only ran one plant for years now. Multiple plants are great for harvesting different strains but for me its just to crowded. I never saw a yield difference between one plant or two plants. Its always the same and dependent on the wattage of your lights. I may play around with autos coming up pretty soon, If I decide to flower some autos in my big tent 4X4 I will most likely do 4 in it.

Back
Top Bottom