First Timer - N Ireland - Total Organic - Indoor HPS / Outdoor Sunlight

update on my home-made soil , ok i put 40 percent Irish compost , 20 percent Irish moss peat, 15 percent perlite , 15 percent horse manure, 1kg chicken manure pellets , and im going to add 10 percent used but fresh winkle shells . ive added couple of handfuls of chopped seaweed , egg shells , and i also added a cup of a secret white powder but i cant say what this is until dooms day :cheesygrinsmiley: or copyright LOL !!!

Heres hoping :slide::party::
P1050487.JPG
P1050489.JPG
P1050488.JPG
P1050486.JPG
slide:

All looking good except your foot! That's why I'd rather use lemon juice or vinegar to lower or bicarb to raise, I'm a klutz at the best of times, soaked my bed filling the humidifier yesterday by pouring it into the wrong hole lol so I'd probably lose a limb using that stuff.

:Namaste:

i didnt even need the bloody stuff my ph was spot on lol was just messing about with it , couldnt sleep last night raw skin ouch , couldnt let anything touch it , not so bad now :thumb:

the right hole helps lol ..

With my soil i am hoping i never need to add nutes or worry about ph up/down , just hoping to feed ph water and the very odd foliar spray , my secret powder has every thing a plant needs , if i succeed ill sure my wealth with you lol

Oh I'd never say no to sharing, especially if I don't have to do much of the work (the clue is in my name lol) :thumb:

Is the white powder the ashes of the Tuatha Dé Danann :) :rofl: Only a brave or foolish Irishman would take on the faeries lol I love watching grows where people mix their own stuff, teaches a lot, not just what a plant needs but why. I'm not much of a gardener, I find it more of a tedious task than a hobby (points to name .. lol) but I am enjoying this gardening and re learning all I've forgotten and more.

I'm more of plug n play person, I get brain ache and bored if I have to think about it too much. For my first grow, I tried to do things cheaply, as suggested, ended up trying to reinvent the wheel without knowing what I was doing, which frustrated me to no end, and when she turned out to be he, I just gave up. That's why I've got the proper kit this time, and even though it's not working exactly as I thought it would, the issues are solvable. I don't want to be messing about with mixing stuff either, definitely in the future, but for now I need it as simple as possible or I know I'll just get frustrated and throw in the towel again. Really do admire your natural ability though, I know I'll eventually 'get it' in time, when I learn more about the how and why plants do what they do.

To be honest like the title says its my first proper grow lol , but i dont mind you singing my praises haha
Its only that ive read so much over the last 6 months that im getting the hang of it , ever from my contract ran out at work .
Last year i grew a few they were ok but i never had a clue and burnt them , next one i had wrong spectrum of light through out the grow , this time i know too much water and too much food KILLS
Dont give up , you learn by your mistakes i made plenty , I made home made bug spray and nearly killed my plants too lol , i know where i went wrong though , i thought id just put chilli powder in with the rest of stuff then i remembered my other half broke the lid of the piri salt bottle and poured in to the chilli LOL poor plants dried up , i spent days washing them , lost half their leaves like i lost part of my foot:) , I have tried to breed some seeds this year also , if it works out ill get some to you :thumb:

I finally made it back here!!!! :goof:

Loving the progress Paddy!!
All the custom organic stuff...Its awesome...
I wish I had the courage to try my own homemade soils and rooting gel!!!

+REPs for you!!! :thumb:

Keep doing what youre doing cause it looks great...
And take care of that foot!!

:blunt:
:peace:

Raiven...

:bravo: looking absolutely fantastic !!!! I m getting the odd yellow leaf also is that normal , im two week into flower tomorrow ?

It's normal. The plant's needs for nitrogen are higher now in flowering. You'll want to ensure it gets some. Gentle at first and go from there. Feed her well and she'll reward ya!

To be honest like the title says its my first proper grow lol , but i dont mind you singing my praises haha
Its only that ive read so much over the last 6 months that im getting the hang of it , ever from my contract ran out at work .
Last year i grew a few they were ok but i never had a clue and burnt them , next one i had wrong spectrum of light through out the grow , this time i know too much water and too much food KILLS
Dont give up , you learn by your mistakes i made plenty , I made home made bug spray and nearly killed my plants too lol , i know where i went wrong though , i thought id just put chilli powder in with the rest of stuff then i remembered my other half broke the lid of the piri salt bottle and poured in to the chilli LOL poor plants dried up , i spent days washing them , lost half their leaves like i lost part of my foot:) , I have tried to breed some seeds this year also , if it works out ill get some to you :thumb:

Chilli powder??? Suddenly I'm thinking of Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad and the chilli meth :) lol

I did learn a lot before and during the first go, forgotten a lot too, but I'm doing the refresher course lol and trying to solve the problems and learn more, it's a steep learning curve when you're not botanically minded but it's not tedious when you want to learn. And I have a little dream of eventually turning this into a career, those prohibition dominoes are falling faster and faster, and I want to be ready for the boom that will happen :) (I missed out on the celtic tiger, I'm not missing out on this one lol)

Seeds will always be welcome and much appreciated. Wouldn't mind breeding a little leprechaun auto in the future, will put it on my to do list.

Back
Top Bottom