First timer, need advise

JuicyJJ

Hey guys

I would like to introduce myself, my name is juicyJJ. I'm a young marijuana growing enthusiast. I smoke weed recreationally as well as medicinally as I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis.

I'm a first time grower and basically I could do with some advise :) here's the stuff I'm using.

System: 30 litre 4 pot Wilma hydroponic

Medium: canna coco

Lights : 300w LED grow light (a good one that works!)

Nutrients: canna coco a+b, pk 13 14 and canna boost accelerator

P.S I'm using cuttings

Can anyone give me a brief run through on all the shit I need to know for me to produce a successful harvest.

Many thanks

Juicy J :D

Welcome jucy I use the Wilma system with coco first off do you have ph and ec measuring equipment you can live without a ec pen but ph is a must I would also recommend adding perlite to the coco but not a problem if you can't .there are 2 ways of growing that work in coco with chemical nutes 1 is with stronger nutes and weekly flushes but not best for a first grow as you need to be able to read your plant and respond quickly to what it's asking for the other way you will need an ec/ppm measuring tool which I would say is your bet a very simple and effective way .
You really want a good root stimulant rhizotonic from canna is one of the best if I had to choose between a root stim and a pk booster the root stim would win everytime .
To start when your cuts are in the Wilma pots you will want a low ec around 6 then as they grow your raise it and by full flower you will be on around 1.6 .
A couple of tips are never pit plain water in your coco unless you are flushing for harvest .
Allways have atleast 10% runoff (amount of water that co.es out the bottom when you water)
Never let your coco dry this is very bad and will cause salt build up so water everyday no matter what .
Hope this helps a bit but if you start a journal I will sub up and help along the way and I'm sure a lot of others will aswell but we will need pics .
Also I just noticed no mention of extraction that is also a must the plants will need to breath

I have an electric ph checker in the mail it should be here by tomorrow and I'm no expert when it comes to growing weed, I want to do this the simplest and still have great results. So does that mean I have to buy an ec/ppm measuring tool?

I'm planning on growing in my spare bedroom do I still need any type of extraction?
I've got cloned rooting gel is that any good?
When I start my grow when do I have to start giving my plants light and nutrients?

Thank you for all the info you've given me so far and as soon as I get my cuttings I will start a journal :)

Yes I would get an ec pen it makes life a lot easyer in a Wilma as the nutrients are reused and will need daily checks because as the plant feeds from the res your ec will drop and ph will rise and you will need a few buckets one for plain water one with ph ed water and one with nutes in for adjusting ec and ph depending on what your measurements are telling you .also an ec meter will stop you over feeding which is a common mistake for first time growers .
I know it sounds complicated but trust me it's not all you have to do is keep your ec at at a desired level and ph between 5.5 and 6 by adding one of the buckets and yes you will need extraction but as your using led it won't need to be as big as if you used hps lights also smell so a carbon filter is must and a good one at that I use rhino and am very happy with it a 4 inch will do you I reckon .
The brand cloning gel you have I havnt used bit there all the same anyway either powder or gel I get the cheapest and you can also use plain water just takes longer.as for feed you want an ec of about .5 to start and work up as it gets bigger aswell as light from the off .
When you are ready to pot up your clones you need to soak your coco a few hours before so it's all moist with water ec ..5/6 using a b and rhizotonic would be good or any other root stimulants (in soil you water the plant in after pot up coco you do the opposite and watter first).
I'm not being funny and am willing to help you but you really need to do a bit more research .
Good luck my friend and keep us posted

Welcome jucy I use the Wilma system with coco first off do you have ph and ec measuring equipment you can live without a ec pen but ph is a must I would also recommend adding perlite to the coco but not a problem if you can't .there are 2 ways of growing that work in coco with chemical nutes 1 is with stronger nutes and weekly flushes but not best for a first grow as you need to be able to read your plant and respond quickly to what it's asking for the other way you will need an ec/ppm measuring tool which I would say is your bet a very simple and effective way .
You really want a good root stimulant rhizotonic from canna is one of the best if I had to choose between a root stim and a pk booster the root stim would win everytime .
To start when your cuts are in the Wilma pots you will want a low ec around 6 then as they grow your raise it and by full flower you will be on around 1.6 .
A couple of tips are never pit plain water in your coco unless you are flushing for harvest .
Allways have atleast 10% runoff (amount of water that co.es out the bottom when you water)
Never let your coco dry this is very bad and will cause salt build up so water everyday no matter what .
Hope this helps a bit but if you start a journal I will sub up and help along the way and I'm sure a lot of others will aswell but we will need pics .
Also I just noticed no mention of extraction that is also a must the plants will need to breath
how do you get 6 from a ec us reading one 700 other mix was 120 x10 can you please explain

Back
Top Bottom