First timer - Need help!

soysawce

Okay so i have a basement that has a separate room its about a normal sized bedroom . Its completely empty and isnt that cold but not hot at all . i have in my hands FEMINIZED UFO #1 Dinafem Seeds White Widow and Seedmakers Seeds Autoblue Autoflowering . So far i have not started to germinate or anything because im not sure on how to do this ive read alot of different posts and every single thing i read has different ways and im looking for the right way. I havent bought any supplys yet im looking for a list if someone could post what i need exactly asap that would be amazing . Budget is about 100-150$ but the cheaper the better.

Someone get back to me asap please

Re: First timer. Need help!

Hi,
Every gardner has his or her method of doing things. You try different methods and find what works for you. In the beginning just keep it simple. Then as you advance you can get fancy. Here is a link with all the info you shoud need to get started. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Great info in the thread linked above - To add my 0.02 cents, your first grow probably won't be perfect - But don't worry. Just continue to read and learn as much as possible and you'll become a master grower in no time :)

Okay so i have a basement that has a separate room its about a normal sized bedroom . Its completely empty and isnt that cold but not hot at all . i have in my hands FEMINIZED UFO #1 Dinafem Seeds White Widow and Seedmakers Seeds Autoblue Autoflowering . So far i have not started to germinate or anything because im not sure on how to do this ive read alot of different posts and every single thing i read has different ways and im looking for the right way. I havent bought any supplys yet im looking for a list if someone could post what i need exactly asap that would be amazing . Budget is about 100-150$ but the cheaper the better.

#1 if you have never grow before I would recomend not useing the seeds that you have now. maybe try some bag seed to get started. the seeds you have are proabley exspensive just a geuss. but you can do what you want.
like the genral said evryone has their own way to start their babies with. so here is what I do. soak the seeds in luke warm water for 12hours then I put them in a seed starter(jiffy peat pods)with a dome cover under the light of your choosing,a4'flo,some cfls will do just fine or even a window sill in the sun. but your going to need lights anayway.
the small closet you mentioned is more then you need for right now, the big room will just be a waste till you can invest more cabbage into your grow.
so lets say your seeds sprout however you choose to doit. the lights that would be the cheapest to start with are cfls and some drop light fixtures as many as you can afford, look for some that are rated in the blue spectrum range the package should sow a #6500k this the proper light for veg 2700k is for flower.
next you will need to choose a medium to grow in imo organic soil is the way to go for a first timer try not to get miracle grow with ferts already added, just get a good potting mix. some smallpot will do till you get a nice bit of roots going then you can transplant to their final grow home.
this should get you started:) most important thing of all is to read read read. the link that The General provided is the best place to start:goodluck::welcome:

I'm on my first grow and the one thing that is very important is to read read read. Get an idea of what you want to do and then do it. right or wrong it will be a start. BUT don't germinate all your seeds. For your first grow may be 4 plants with the hope of course of all of them being girls and not boys.
Get the closet ready by painting it a flat white for light reflection. Also if possible a way to vent the closet would be good top and bottom or air in at the bottom and out the top. This is easier to do now than in the middle of the grow. With your small budget cfl's is probably where you will go. This is where reading about different lighting opinions is something you need to do. Buy and be comfortable thing it is better than, oh I wish I would have done that.
You have to remember you will need pots, soil, lights and a fan for the bare minimum.

Back
Top Bottom