first timer perfect to really bad plz help

prokiller420

ok here we go my plants on pictures number 1 was on was friday 6 days ago perfect plants then like a newb i overwatered them and since then letting them dry giving them really small amounts of water so small like 20 ml im scared to kill them and the bottom holes of my pots have burnt roots they were all nice and milky guessing root rot from overwtering no oxygen and i only gave them water since they poped my soil is half pro mix soil and perlite 50 / 50 ratio and yesterday i gave them there first dose of fertelizer half strenght its general hydroponic 3 part series i dont know what to do plz help the other pictures are from today there under 150 hps and 3 fluos 27 watts each 24 c in the grow box at all times i hope thats enought info and i put 2.5 ml of each micro grow bloom and since they went down i watered 20ml only when bone dry and yesterday i put the first dose of fertilizer because the plants were staying yellow new growth yellow im goin crazy out here and i see new roots with hairs growing from the holes in the bottom of pots but the plants keep growing yellow im confused
image600.jpg
image627.jpg
image628.jpg
image626.jpg
image629.jpg
image630.jpg
image632.jpg

And how can it be a nute lock out I never put fertelizer well just 1 time but only 20 ml each didnt do nothing
Overwatering/soggy soil can cause nute-lockout so same same in your case. :blushsmile:

-Be patient, it's easy to nurse plants to death!

Ok so I flush with a lot of water then I transplant into bigger pot?
Dont do anything at this point, just let them set, no nutrient, no digging just water when needed. It's sounds like you already have done A whole lot of things in short amount of time. Sick/dying leaves dont always recover so be on the lookout for new sprout and how that looks instead of starring yourself blind on leaves that doesn't recover no matter of what you do.

:goodluck:

Dont do anything at this point, just let them set, no nutrient, no digging just water when needed. It's sounds like you already have done A whole lot of things in short amount of time. Sick/dying leaves dont always recover so be on the lookout for new sprout and how that looks instead of starring yourself blind on leaves that doesn't recover no matter of what you do.

:goodluck:

image633.jpg
image634.jpg

so i just repot and straight watter do i cut those bottom roots the brown ones

As both Smoke and Sweed said, try and get a good sharp pair of clean and sterile shears and trim off the brown you may need to loosen some of the soil repot in good clean soil and do nothing, I would not water, the soil still around the root ball will have enough moisture and the new soil will help it dry out, have been in your shoes and still am trying to get my girls back. had transplanted them into five gallon buckets from dixie cups and really didn't need to soak the whole bucket right away there aren't any roots at the bottom to help take up the moisture. So I was foliar spraying and gave them nute burn, even as wet as they were on the advice of a fellow grower I flushed with regular water and let them drain and put them back in my tent and they are coming back, be patient, but try and keep things simple. Let them dry out and come back and then start watering/feeding, but keep in mind that you only need to water until you see runoff, let them sit until they have given all that up and then back into the grow space and don't water again until the pot feel light. Pick it up after you water it or put it on a scale if need be to get an idea of what the pot and plant weigh when fully watered and figure about 5-7 days but check the weight before waering, You will get them back they are a very resiliant plant.Peace OG

Took two of my girl and removed them from the water logged buckets and transplanted into 5 gallon smart pots, was not easy but they are coming back and one has been lst'd so it can be done be patient and dont over due it they will wilt and tell you they need water if it goes to long then just figure the last time you watered and minus a day or so from it to keep them from going without and wilting, all good buddy. Look forward to an update.

As both Smoke and Sweed said, try and get a good sharp pair of clean and sterile shears and trim off the brown you may need to loosen some of the soil repot in good clean soil and do nothing, I would not water, the soil still around the root ball will have enough moisture and the new soil will help it dry out, have been in your shoes and still am trying to get my girls back. had transplanted them into five gallon buckets from dixie cups and really didn't need to soak the whole bucket right away there aren't any roots at the bottom to help take up the moisture. So I was foliar spraying and gave them nute burn, even as wet as they were on the advice of a fellow grower I flushed with regular water and let them drain and put them back in my tent and they are coming back, be patient, but try and keep things simple. Let them dry out and come back and then start watering/feeding, but keep in mind that you only need to water until you see runoff, let them sit until they have given all that up and then back into the grow space and don't water again until the pot feel light. Pick it up after you water it or put it on a scale if need be to get an idea of what the pot and plant weigh when fully watered and figure about 5-7 days but check the weight before waering, You will get them back they are a very resiliant plant.Peace OG
So I cut the bottom roots the most brown ones they were worst before they are getting there color back I should still cut them .?

Take a clean hand and gently massage the bottom of the root ball or pot, so you get the brown roots to hang down, do this until you can find a point to remove hem without harming the tap root , cut them off and have a pot ready with clean soil, and transplant into the clean soil and fill the pot so everything is covered, I would wait to actually water the pot again, I would get good water and just water and foliar feed them for a day or two and see how they respond, try this with one or two while the ohers just dry out, You running anykind of fan? Also if the holes are on the bottom of your pot you may try putting something under them like a screem just to get them off the grund or cement. What are your temps, humidity, and what strain? WIll keep an eye on this grow, Peace OG

Looking at the pictures of the roots they don't look as bad as some I have seen, You may be able to get away with loosening them up and replanting in new soil in a slightly larger pot and see how she does, many options here but ultimately it is up to you we can only give advice.

Take a clean hand and gently massage the bottom of the root ball or pot, so you get the brown roots to hang down, do this until you can find a point to remove hem without harming the tap root , cut them off and have a pot ready with clean soil, and transplant into the clean soil and fill the pot so everything is covered, I would wait to actually water the pot again, I would get good water and just water and foliar feed them for a day or two and see how they respond, try this with one or two while the ohers just dry out, You running anykind of fan? Also if the holes are on the bottom of your pot you may try putting something under them like a screem just to get them off the grund or cement. What are your temps, humidity, and what strain? WIll keep an eye on this grow, Peace OG
Purple kush from seed I have a big fan 150 hps temp in grow box is 24 c at all times and since the overwater last Friday I've been drying them and when there bones dry I put 20 ml cuz I'm scared and when I say dry trust me shoved my finger down the pot it's all dry so yesterday morning I took two of them really dry and put water so it barely runs out the bottom and this morning same shit so later I'm gonna cut them ( the bad roots ) and il repot into bigger pots and do I shake all of the old dirt of or just the bottom to cut the bad roots .?

Looking at the pictures of the roots they don't look as bad as some I have seen, You may be able to get away with loosening them up and replanting in new soil in a slightly larger pot and see how she does, many options here but ultimately it is up to you we can only give advice.
but what u think is the best to start fresh cut the bottom ones off ? I'm getting 20 purple kush clones soon so don't really care I just want to fix them so I can at least have a mother

Hey buddy, I see you need some help. Im no master but i love to try and help out new growers because everyone can benefit from a healthy grown cannabis plant! )

1st
- Since you've over watered the plant it must dry out, a very VERY easy method for testing moisture is to stick ur pinky finger down into the soil and see if its wet or dry, you'll be able to tell if its wet or dry.

2nd
- If your transplanting, Ive seen people shout and scream to cut off old roots, but that just seems foolish to me! I see your roots, theyre not detrimentally brown, just a simple darker mocha color, and i know from experience thats usually found in plants that are not only root bound, meaning the roots have outgrown their environment, but also over watered, you have done both here so cutting off the life support system to the plants makes no rational sense to me, it would be another story if they were moldy, but they arent.

3rd
- when transplanting them make sure to have atleast 3"s of soil over the top of the old soil in question. By having soil around and above your plants that is of a drier consistency it helps to draw moisture away from the core you just placed in there.

4th
- since youre using a low watt light, i can assume your temps are low as a result? if they are, that will cause the plants to dry out much slower than they would under a big light (400w+)

5th
- After transplanting, dont water, youve got plent of moisture, and by having the core dry out the roots will be looking for water, well they will find it in the soil that drew away moisture from the core, after a few days you'll be able to see if the soils dry or wet and if its dry i'd recommend watering them with JUST WATER!! and ONLY water them enough to moisten the surface, i use about 1/4gal per plant in 4 gallon pots.

I know that the information I provided is some repeats of previous posts, and that its a bit out of order but i hope maybe that will help make it easier to understand.
feel free to ask me questions i love to try and answer people. Since ur new to the forum you can even message me in my journal if its important.

wish you good luck! :thumb:

when you say 20ml, is that a reference to the amount of nutrients ur using or is that a reference to the amount of water ur giving?
in either case, 20ml of each nute seems like thats pretty strong...if thats reference to the amount of water, it seems extremely light

if youve managed to achieve dry soil again, then water it with a fair amount of water try in the area of 1/2 a cup per plant.

Another thing ive learned (the hard way lol) is that the old damaged yellow crispy leaves will NEVER recover. So i would remove those leaves, by doing so it allows the plants to re focus their energy to the new growth instead of trying to repair the damaged leaves.

Back
Top Bottom