First timer question on soil

bobbitchen

I have read the posts but need a straight answer. I want to grow about 5 plants for personel. I want to use a pre mixed soil. No fuss no muss for my first grow. Which one to use? Thanx.

Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. @$12 a bag in my area, others complain about price depending on where they live. Mixed with perlite is a must @25%, and i fill 3 and a half 7gal buckets to the brim. Just started my seeds in FFOF and all are up and doing great. Have used most all commercial brands of soil and for me this is best. Or, look for something that is organic without time-release ferts added.
Another observation is that in my grows, buying soil that is kept in an inside enviornment will greatly reduce/eliminate the chance of bugs coming with the soil.

FF Ocean Forest mixed with %25 or so perlite will work great, awesome soil.

Not sure if it is what you are looking for though.

Ocean Forest has about 3 weeks worth of nutes available. It should not be used for a seedling or young clone due to the nutes included. It is too 'hot' for young ones. I like to start with FF Light Warrior, then after a few weeks transplant to a larger container with FF Ocean Forest. That gets you roughly 5-6 weeks without having to feed, basically through veg.

I think what you are looking for is what I have heard called 'supersoil', an organic mix of media that feeds virtually all the way through the life of the plant (with some added help here and there). I don't have a link to it but I have seen it in West Coast Cannabis mag. I'm sure if you google it or search on here you will find the recipe.

Good luck!

soil

Try to see if you can find this in your area. or Email the company to see where you can find it locally.
Products: PVP Industries, Inc.
The bag is light as a feather pillow. A lot of Perlite and vermiculite already mixed in. Me and my bud are probably going to use it in our next grow.

I have read the posts but need a straight answer. I want to grow about 5 plants for personel. I want to use a pre mixed soil. No fuss no muss for my first grow. Which one to use? Thanx.

take some time now and make yourself some super soil and just water throughout the grow.

or get some roots organic and a good one part feed. Gen Hydro floranova is working great for me on my first grow, using roots soil also...

i have no green thumb but im very happy with how my grow is turning out, learning a lot. and i grew six in five gal buckets from home depot.

it doesnt get much cheaper then that either.

Back
Top Bottom