First Timer

gregsterr

Ok so I'm a first time grower and figured I would share my experience from start to finish. Ok, well not from the very start, but close. I didnt see anything that showed someones step by step progression, though I was too intrigued at looking at some of the progressed grows to look deep. Nevertheless, during this I encourage everyone to comment, teach, criticize, hate, love; anything will help.

Ok so here's the background. As I said earlier, I have never done this before, so I'm not expecting a whole lot. I have done research online, especially at this site, and have the very handy, cannabis grow bible on hand. I have my buddy assisting, who has had a few successful grows. He has provided me 6 seeds, some rockwall cubes, a grow light, and knowledge.

On to the grow. Im currently on day 5 of the grow. Seeing as I did not start this on day one, I give you what I have done so far.
Day 1 put seeds in water to allow them to crack.
Day 2 seeds are ready, put them in the cubes, put the cubes on a plate, put the plate in closet. Dampened cubes.
Day 3-5 Ensured cubes are dampened, no germination.

Ok so there's my update so far, like I said, still no germination, but I am still hopeful as I know they can take time. Ill let you know when they're ready, and then Ill take pics so you can see my mini op. Thanks for reading, and of course any input so far, would be much appreciated.

Appreciate it scratch, if you find any pointers that I may be missing let me know, any help would be appreciated.

Main- Thanks much, I hope this grow will help all other future growers. Good luck with yours too!!

Thanks paw, any advice you all have would be much appreciated.

Quick update so far its been 7 days and nothing. Keeping everything dark and damp. My buddy has more seeds just in case these are duds.

ok, u said the seeds "cracked". was a little tail coming out? if not it wasn't actually "germed". thats ok cause they'll germ anyway. if not, did u put the pointy end down? i'm guessing these seeds r bagseed. how old r they? if they're old they'll need to be fully germed w/good taproot showing. try to find a container other than a plate (flat bottom) & u'll need some b-1 or something w/b-1 in it (superthrive) & mix proper amount in a gallon of clean (distilled water & mix. keep a small amount in the container. enough so that u're cubes can wick up water (not much). u need to keep this warm. what type of light r u using? man, i need some info! what type of medium r u using? what type of grow is what i'm trying to find out. ya gotta have a plan.

ok so the seeds are from my buddies random outdoor grow. The "Cracked" part was that I put them in water till they sunk and then put them in the cubes. They have not germinated yet and it has been about 8 days now. Im taking 3 of the 6 seeds and trying the container method to see if it makes a difference. I have superthrive and will use it. The light as of now is in a very dark closet with the door closed since there is no germination yet.

ok, let's back up. u, like professional nurseryman, must build u're grow toward u're water source. look up u're city's water analisis & find TOTAL ALKALINITY. i need that #. then we'll have something to base this grow on. u still didn't say what kind of light u have.

Dude,

Are you germinating these in the dark? They are looking for strong light cues to germinate fully. When you soak them in water, leave them in the dark. After you put them in cubes or soil, put them under the grow lamp about two feet away. The environment needs to be warm and moist. And the light needs to be stong like sunlight.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom