First timer

Dont worry, on a scale from 1-10 my knowledge level is negative 5. As far as light cycle goes shes been outside her whole life.

Awesome!! Love the view of nyc below from your window, so sweet!!
A little too early to tell sex as well, and the picture is a little blurry. In due time :Namaste:
Noticed your into had almost 50 replies Reg :laugh: thought I'd drop in!
Welcome to 420magazine sir, I see you have taken well to working your way through the forum :)
Have you started a grow journal BAR? Best of luck to you throughout your grow sir! :blunt:
Here to help if needed :peace: CA215

Grow journal bar???

Bar works for me. Whats a grow journal?

Here are the 420magazine Grow Journals, from here members start a thread to keep track of their grows, while also getting helpful input and criticism from other 420goers :) Also, starting a thread here will allow a bigger number of growers to view what you have got going on :thumb: CA215

heres some links:
What is Photosynthesis
Vegatative Growth
Preflowers
Light Cycles

These are a good start sir. Please take a look at these links ad see if they can help you.
The leaves, even when damaged, provide food for your girl. Look at the leaf from underneath and if you can see through it, it still works. Also you probably need to cut back on watering. let it get pretty dry 3-4 days, and feel how light it is. Water. Wait til its that light again before you water again.
We need to get you to figuring out if shes a she or a he first. :rofl:

^^ :) Preflowers sir. Also you can modify light to tell sex within 10-14 days. All you need are in these links...

:green_heart:
Dont worry, on a scale from 1-10 my knowledge level is negative 5. As far as light cycle goes shes been outside her whole life.

Plants have a hormone that takes 12hrs dark to "kick in". This hormone grows bud. So if you want buds sooner, your gonna need to regulate the light. One trick to getting a girl to show sex is to put her on a 12 hr light/ 12 hour dark schedule for a few days, Then go 24hrs dark. This will cause the "hormone" to build up and "pop" if you will. This is a very basic generic explanation sir.

How big can you allow it to get? Once she flowers she will double or triple in size...
Do you mind growing for a month before finding out if its female? Id hate for you to put in a ton of work and find out shes a dude...
Whats your living situation? If you have a lease thats up in 2 months, we got work to do!

All these are things you should consider right now. If you just wanna have some fun and see where you get Im all for that as well. Its your girl and your world.
:circle-of-love:

So basically ill have to build a box and bring her inside, correct? And if shes a male there will be no party at the end, correct? Im not going anywhere. Ive been in this building 8 years. How do outsiders grow? My daughter's not allowed in my bedroom but shes inquisitive. If she sees something new she WILL investigate. Im not worried about her knowing what it is but she'll try to smoke what she thinks i wont notice. She's a good kid but i know my child. Itll probably be best if i had a conversation with her because eventually ill have to bring the plant inside. Its not tomatoes growing out there!

a box or if u want to go super simple. An empty clean trash can u no the type with a 2ft wide top. Round and 3 ft tall. After 12 hours light nip outside and wip the trash can/ rubbish bin over the top of her and its lights out for her :)
I think outdoor growers either make darkness for there girls or they veg for ever Nd grow trees !

SO IF I COVER HER BEFORE LEAVING FOR WORK AND REMOVE THE TRASH CAN APPROXIMATELY THE SAME TIME THE NEXT MORNING I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FORCE THOSE HORMONES TO KICK IN, CORRECT? ALSO AN ANSWER TO THE FIRST QUESTION "MALES WONT YIELD SMOKE-ABLE BUDS?" WOULD BE APPRECIATED. ILL READ THE REST OF THE LINKS YOU GUYS HAVE POSTED FOR ME THIS EVENING AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL SUBDUE A LOT OF MY BASIC QUESTIONS:thanks:.

Nope makes are fairly useless unless your attempting to pollinate a female into making seeds.

Yea the trash can would work. Make sure it's got no holes in it to let in light
And try make sure it's on as level ground as possible as to leak minimal light around the ground seal of the trash can

U will usually see signs of sex within 7-14 days
Female flowers start looking like this

Yea female early flower noticeable after a week or two
image2614.jpg

Moving onto this :)
image2563.jpg

Dreaded males look like this
image2612.jpg

Moving onto this
image2613.jpg

I've made acceptable concentrates from males. But you really want only females unless you get to the point of breeding.

If you go the light deprivation route to force flowering, keep in mind you have to be consistent with the timing. 9 Am one day, 11:30 the next, etc will cause problems. You have to give it light and dark at the same time every day. (There's a small window of leeway.) But being as accurate as possible Every Day is important.

Back
Top Bottom