First timer!

G30rdie

Hi all was wondering if anyone can help me?iv just started growin 1 plant at the start of Feb with 1 125w CFL.in the meantime iv went and bought a ballast 400w m/h bulb and an extractor fan.i put the new bulb in my small tent(60cmx60cmx1800) with the extractor fan and left my plant in there for 1 hour,I came back and checked temp and it was 32.6!! Here's my question is there any way I'll be able to use this light in my tent or am I better of gettin a 200/250w bulb?or just be done with m/h and gettin a 300w dual spectrum flourescent?any help would be much appreciated
Cheers geordie

I can reduce heat or add heat by turning my exhaust fan up or down or by limiting my fresh air Intake on colder days. Have you tried turning your exhaust fan to max and ensure your exhausting to a location outside the room your grow is in?

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Thanks for the reply steel, I just put the 400w bulb back in the tent and turned my extractor to max so I'll go and check in an hour or so hopefully I can manage to keep the temp under control!i physically can't get my light any further away from my plant so I hope this works

It does help with heat when you have an enclosed light and can draw the heat from the bulb directly out of your grow area, but steel has the right idea to make sure the heat is actually leaving your grow area. If possible pull the air out from the top of the tent to get the most out of your fan. There are a ton of ways to go about growing but using HID lights like hps and mh dealing with heat is one of the big down sides. If your temps don't improve you could probably get by using either a cooled hood, a larger fan, or air conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom