First topping, noob grower, chime in

The70’s

Hello Growers :0)

I have topped my plant for the first time (5/25)(i have never grown weed), what can i expect in the days to come, she is a PunchCake. Medium is soil, seed went into soil 5/10. LED Lites are at 150watts about 24” from the canopy, temp with lites on 72° i just dropped the RH (to 50%) because her little sister is just getting her first adult 5 spear leaf…..

Thanx
1654034583454.jpeg

Here is her little sister, she’s about a week and a half behind. I had a tough time getting the seeds to sprout, this wont happen again, my goal was 4-5 plants
1654034796620.jpeg

I have topped my plant for the first time (5/25)(i have never grown weed), what can i expect in the days to come
She will develop 2 new stems, eventually they (both of the new stems) will have enough set of leaves to top again which will produce another set of 2 new stems, which can eventually be topped again, if desired. Some growers top more often than others. Personally I top every 4th node (set of leaves), some farmers will top every 3rd set of nodes. Different strokes for different folks. I grow outdoor so I'm not concerned with height.
Keep up the good work.

She will develop 2 new stems, eventually they (both of the new stems) will have enough set of leaves to top again which will produce another set of 2 new stems, which can eventually be topped again, if desired. Some growers top more often than others. Personally I top every 4th node (set of leaves), some farmers will top every 3rd set of nodes. Different strokes for different folks. I grow outdoor so I'm not concerned with height.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you, and thanks for the encouragement :0)

Keep up the good work.
Agreed Everytime double... Used for maximizing cola count in smaller spaces than the great outdoors.

But hey @The70’s , nice top job....may I make a suggestion for the next one topped and any after this? When topping leave a baby nub of the cut stem at the cut point, this will help keep the main stem from splitting later on from each side of the plant pulling down the middle from bud weight.

2022_05_23_13_29_18_479.jpg

Keep up the good work.
I find that topping at the odd number nodes the branches grow out sideways & topping the even number nodes one branch grows in toward the center & the other outwards of the plant. So it depends where the plant could use some filling in on where I choose to Top. More often then not, it's at the 3rd node of the side branches & between the 4th & 5th initially. More Topping then that seems to make for a long veg time.

I find that topping at the odd number nodes the branches grow out sideways & topping the even number nodes one branch grows in toward the center & the other outwards of the plant. So it depends where the plant could use some filling in on where I choose to Top. More often then not, it's at the 3rd node of the side branches & between the 4th & 5th initially. More Topping then that seems to make for a long veg time.
Is it ok to vegge awhile ? I only have two viable plants in a 4x4, I surely am not in a hurry, i really dig the pace if growing, my hope it goes some what smooth

Why ? an informative “why” not a snarky “why” :0)
you should not see purple on the stems. Even if its a purple strain, believe it or not. At this age, purple means up calmag ASAP. Im growin a purple strain now, and thought, huh, just the purple genetics and didnt give her calmag enough. Some genetics eat it up. I have 2 plants, each feed the same, 1 is perfect, the other turned purple, uppped calmag, and is getting better. I know very well much about, " it needed calmag" but dam, tons of it for this gene.

as far as humidity, 60% or higher. See your leafs are dull looking? thats lack of humidity, the lights are tryn to dry out your leafs. Good rule of thumb, is Humidity within 10-15 of LEAF TEMP in veg, 20-25 in flower.
so 72F=57-62RH VEG-- 72F=52-47RH Flower..

Your rollin tho bud, looks great, just get that calmag up. AT LEAST, 200PPMs EVERY WATERING, till week 5 flower

Is it ok to vegge awhile ? I only have two viable plants in a 4x4, I surely am not in a hurry, i really dig the pace if growing, my hope it goes some what smooth
You can Veg as long as you like as long as they are photo period seeds / plants & not Auto's. You'll have to up-pot occasionally because the plants will get root bound if not. I've Vegged 4 months before.

Variation is ok... If ya read the interwebz it will say between 5-7 lol but yes 5.8-6.5 is a good range for soil.

To be honest when I got the hang of growing I stopped checking the pH as it did nothing but stress me out.....pH says I'm high or low but then looking at plants they look fine lol....

Variation is ok... If ya read the interwebz it will say between 5-7 lol but yes 5.8-6.5 is a good range for soil.

To be honest when I got the hang of growing I stopped checking the pH as it did nothing but stress me out.....pH says I'm high or low but then looking at plants they look fine lol....
What are your thoughts on my purple leaf stems, i can grab some calmag but would like to explore it a bit. Im trying not over steer this grow, and i’d like to keep corrections steady and slow if need be….

What are your thoughts on my purple leaf stems, i can grab some calmag but would like to explore it a bit. Im trying not over steer this grow, and i’d like to keep corrections steady and slow if need be….
Perfect I try to keep things simple but efficient.. as maybe said purple stems can be sign of a problem but also can just happen....with out any other leaf symptoms the red stems could be from as simple as light intensity or genetics.

I cannot weigh in on the cal-mag as I personally do not use it... I've tried it and I wasn't sold. I'm using @GeoFlora Nutrients along with fox farms ocean forest and happy frog mixed, and Ive used these same products last two grows with no cal-mag issues. I'm a firm believer if you give them good stuff to start you won't need all the extras....just my opinion.

Amazing ! Another Whooda thunk moment, thank you !

So, as i understand it, i PH the water to 6.5 to maintain a soil PH of 6.5, the soil PH is what we are really trying to keep at 6.5 I thought you water with 6.5 because the plant needs it, im PH’ing to maintain soul PH……

So, if my soil is above 6.5, lets say 71, i would lower the water PH to lower the soils PH…..

I think

Btw i have a blulabs soil tester its nice i got it used on the bay, i also use the PH test kit to calibtate it.

This stuff is a little nerve wrecking

Back
Top Bottom