420 Magazine Background

Fish Cake's Tunes & Yours Too, If You Want To Join In

Killerbudz

@Killerbudz I was impressed in that song... I liked afew he did... I was going to post more as a joke,,, till I really opened a hear............

The sound of Silence,,

That was a hard one to imitate... I've been listening to that one for, well since published damn near.. And he did pretty damn good...
I thought was a really good tribute to Simon and Garfield's verse.... He was an Idiot as a gold miner...... but then he retired,, to look into music?????? Still, he is good......... Just is a joke character now tho....
I know, my wife showed me the video and we both were going to joke on him but ended up saying "ok that was pretty good" lol.

I think that show is pretty scripted and they pushed Todd in directions that would fail, but can't hate on him for trying other things.

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
@Killerbudz I was impressed,,, with afew he did after looking...........
not at his abilities as a gold miner, that's for, sure, that style mining, like all styles on that show, is producing yardage, clean the bedrock and good paying gravel. And you will make monies,, least up there.

But I do have to hand it to him,,, he wasted alot of someone's monies traveling to all these places to only find crap like when he went to South America, or Guyana. I have a fiend who made good money in Guyana working a 6-inch dredge. The biggest worry was getting robbed back then. Mexican gold mining too. They'd shoot ya for your equipment/gold...

I'm impressed with Parkers plant for sure... Bigger sluice works,, even introduction of pay= better recovery... But more so I like Toni's set up. To think alot of them parts to them monsters where packed in with mule.

I did 'kind of' commercial gold dredging for say 10 years in the Serrias. I worked 6 and 8-inch dredges all over the 'motherlode' and it;s tributaries. Gold then was 350-400 a oz. You sold at 75% 'spot/market' price.So you had to take in afew/4 ozs' a day to make any really good monies for a 2-3 man crew,,,, beer/partiables included. Them partys got mighty costy.

I've watched that show since first run and always drooled over the thought of flooding their finished cut, Then float a 8-inch suction dredge and vacuum clean the bedrock... i know they got afew deep cracks running deeper then they dig into the bedrock. I was doing more that whitewater one... Cept that is some hella scary water they are dredging in... Oh well... I'll stop babbling....

Killerbudz

@Killerbudz I was impressed,,, with afew he did after looking...........
not at his abilities as a gold miner, that's for, sure, that style mining, like all styles on that show, is producing yardage, clean the bedrock and good paying gravel. And you will make monies,, least up there.

But I do have to hand it to him,,, he wasted alot of someone's monies traveling to all these places to only find crap like when he went to South America, or Guyana. I have a fiend who made good money in Guyana working a 6-inch dredge. The biggest worry was getting robbed back then. Mexican gold mining too. They'd shoot ya for your equipment/gold...

I'm impressed with Parkers plant for sure... Bigger sluice works,, even introduction of pay= better recovery... But more so I like Toni's set up. To think alot of them parts to them monsters where packed in with mule.

I did 'kind of' commercial gold dredging for say 10 years in the Serrias. I worked 6 and 8-inch dredges all over the 'motherlode' and it;s tributaries. Gold then was 350-400 a oz. You sold at 75% 'spot/market' price.So you had to take in afew/4 ozs' a day to make any really good monies for a 2-3 man crew,,,, beer/partiables included. Them partys got mighty costy.

I've watched that show since first run and always drooled over the thought of flooding their finished cut, Then float a 8-inch suction dredge and vacuum clean the bedrock... i know they got afew deep cracks running deeper then they dig into the bedrock. I was doing more that whitewater one... Cept that is some hella scary water they are dredging in... Oh well... I'll stop babbling....
I've watched every season until now. When it records on my DVR it's like they interrupt the regular season to do special episodes and that pisses me off to no end.

I think a lot of it has to do with good ground, parker leases from Tony because it's good ground. Then he buys his own land and expects Tony to supply him with water from his land??? C'mon man.

Dredges are the way to go, up front cost is too much for most to cover but Tony seems to make his work.

dr.h00k

Member of the Month: July 2017 - Nug of the Month: Nov 2017, Dec 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Nov 2016

Graytail

Plant of the Year: 2014 - Plant of the Month: Dec 2014 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2015, Mar & Aug 2016, Dec 2017, Aug 2018, Jan 2019 - Nug of the Year: 2017 - Photo of the Month: June 2018

Graytail

Plant of the Year: 2014 - Plant of the Month: Dec 2014 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2015, Mar & Aug 2016, Dec 2017, Aug 2018, Jan 2019 - Nug of the Year: 2017 - Photo of the Month: June 2018

Graytail

Last edited:

Graytail

Graytail

Last edited:

Graytail

Graytail

Graytail

:):Namaste:

Preston9mm

Member of the Month: Oct 2018 - Photo of the Month: Nov 2018 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2019 - Nug of the Month: July 2019
Top Bottom