FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

Wow Fish - seeing your plants makes me really hope my clones root - I'm anxious to see if I can keep them nice and tight like those - mine were so leggy and spindly. I want to see if it was breed or conditions.
Thanks, @greenjeans. I wish that I could say, "oh, that's my patented technique for growing tight plants" but it's probably mostly genetics, if I had to guess. I will say this, however, these things started under the Mars Hydro SP-250 (great sponsor of this site) from germinated seeds. They know nothing else. It's bright and it's white and it's intense. I don't believe that there has been any stretching for the light because there has been plenty from day 1. Anyhoo, thank you for the kind words, my friend.

Is it possible that she might be getting close to needing up-potting after only two weeks above soil?
Yeah definitely! If they're happy they'll fill those solo cups up real quick. Lets check the pics, but i think they should be ready for a transplant :yummy:

I saw the new Tarantino movie last night with my son. My wife's not a big fan of his, so the boy and I went. It was great, but a little different than many of his movies. There was one scene in particular, at the end, that is quintessential Tarantino though. If you like his movies, I'm pretty sure that you'll like this one too.

These plants are stacking nodes. The "wilt" has expanded to all three, really. Again, nothing drastic but I'm sure it's a sign of something. Let me hit on a couple of things that I haven't mentioned previously. I haven't PH'd a drop of water that I have given these plants. The water used has been Publix brand spring water (and every other watering it's the spring water with 5ml of calmag mixed into a gallon). Also, on July 27th, I sprinkled about 1 tsp of Myco-Bloom (endo-mycorrhizae) on top of the soil of each plant and watered it in. The "wilt" on JH1 had already started, at that point, however. These autos are also right in that window for topping. All three are 2 weeks old today (+/- 12 hours), but I don't want to cause more stress if there is something that I need to address first. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

JH1:

JH2:

JH3:

Much love, to all.

How close is your light? Your plants almost look to be working away from it. They should be up and almost reaching for the light. Other then my $0.02 their looking great! Also careful leaving soil on the leaves, not sure at exactly what it would do, but the leaf may be put in distress for what ever reason :bong:

I’ll have to check out that movie, got me intrigued!:headbanger:

Don't overwater like I did. Let them go a day or three and see what happens.

How close is your light? Your plants almost look to be working away from it. They should be up and almost reaching for the light. Other then my $0.02 their looking great! Also careful leaving soil on the leaves, not sure at exactly what it would do, but the leaf may be put in distress for what ever reason :bong:

I’ll have to check out that movie, got me intrigued!:headbanger:
I like where your head's at because I haven't moved the light up since these ladies started growing. The tallest one is approaching 6 inches, now. If my math is correct, that's nearly 6 inches closer to the light than she started. Somebody check my numbers. Anyway, I moved the light up 6 inches. I may have to prop up JH #3 a little to get her even with the other two. Thanks, Backlip

Don't overwater like I did. Let them go a day or three and see what happens.
Well Al, let me tell you, I went into first-responder mode when I saw those girls yesterday after work. My previous mistake became clear because all of them were "clawing" down and there were shiny, dark green patches on the leaves. (I wish that I thought to grab some pictures). It looked to me like obvious nitrogen poisoning (from the myco-bloom, I guess). I grabbed my gallon of spring water and just started flushing. I checked on them after dinner and they had already started bouncing back. And this morning, this is what they looked like:

JH1:

JH2:

JH3:

I just couldn't stay out of my own way. Thankfully, it appears that all are recovering nicely. Thanks to you both, for the help.

I checked you math and concur. I did have a public education in Alabama. TGFM, amirite? ;) :D

Haaa - you guys and your math !!!! I use a calculator, do it three times, if I get the same answer twice - I go with that one!!!!
Let's hope that everything continues well. For weeds, these little gals can sure get temperamental.

They look to be happy now!!

I’m going to give you a lil trick I like to go with, I’m sorry if I have said it to you before, but periodically through out the grow, as your plant gets bigger put your hand under the light, palm down. Move your hand up and down, if you feel any discomfort, it will be uncomfortable for your plants. Do that a couple times through out the grow and you should be on the ball with your heights.:thumb: Also if you know you haven’t over watered or know your plants aren’t thirsty, if they look to be working away from the light, it’s usually a tell tale that your plants are telling you to raise the light. Next time you will be on the ball and I guarantee you won’t let it happen again lol, if it does oh well you’ll work through it :laughtwo:

Plants look to be up, almost reaching, healthy and to be loving the light! :yahoo:

Alright, things seem to be back on track. There is no more wilt and they're actually starting to take off (there's been some significant vertical growth since yesterday). It is time to top so I'm going to ask for a little help as to where I should make the cut. I'm thinking between nodes 2 and 3. Please tell me your thoughts.

I don't know but so glad everything is going well for you, FEF.

I top my autos between the 5th and 6th node and always at the top of the plant, don't chop them in half to top it.
Thanks @Smokiemcpot19. This is why I posed the question. It was going to be hard to chop off all of that growth, so between the 5th and 6th won't be so bad. :thumb:

Thanks @Smokiemcpot19. This is why I posed the question. It was going to be hard to chop off all of that growth, so between the 5th and 6th won't be so bad. :thumb:
No problem man I didn't wanna see you chop her in half lol, watch a few vids on topping cannabis on the ol boob tube i had to do the same before i was comfortable to cut mine.

Back
Top Bottom