FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

FishEyedFool

After much contemplation – it’s time.

Currently growing 3 Jack Herer autoflowers from Dr. Seeds.

As many of you know, JH is a sativa/indica hybrid. The plants will be in a MarsHydro 2’ x 4’ x 6’ish tent and under a MarsHydro SP-250 LED light (240w from the wall).

The medium is Fox Farms Ocean Forest (for two plants) and Miracle Grow Perfomance Organics (for one plant). Just straight soil – no perlite, etc. added.

Now for a little recent history to bring us to current day:

Timeline:

July 5th, 8:19pm – dropped one Green Crack (PP) seed in spring water.

July 6th, 1:17pm – tapped the seed a couple of times and the seed sank to the bottom. I poured the shot glass of water and seed onto a folded paper towel and placed that into a zip lock bag (unsealed). I placed that onto a plastic plate and set everything on top of my cable box in my entertainment center (dark and warm)

July 12th, 7:30pm – the Green Crack (ungerminated) seed was dropped into moist soil and placed outside as a last ditch effort. God rest her soul.

July 12th, 9:00pm – Moving on – dropped three Jack Herer autos into a shot glass of spring water.

July 13th, 9:18pm – all three sank (after some coercion). I poured the shot glass of water and the three seeds onto a folded paper towel and placed that into a zip lock bag (unsealed). I placed that onto a plastic plate and set everything on top of my cable box in my entertainment center (dark and warm)

July 14th, 5:15pm – JH #1 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some FFOF soil and under the light.

July 15th, 5:22am – JH #2 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some FFOF soil and under the light

July 15th, 6:35pm – JH #3 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some MGPO (Miracle Grow Performance Organics) soil and under the light. I got so excited that all three popped that I forgot to take a picture of the JH# 3 popped seed.

July 16th, 5:23am – JH #1 broke ground

July 16th, 6:04pm – JH #2 and JH#3 broke ground
(Pictures are below. I exceeded the limit)

JH #3 still has her little helmet because she's scared. I understand. I'll try to give her the confidence to shake it off this evening, when I get home.

(Current)

And they're off!

They'll do fine and we'll help through any rough spots.

Hey brother - nice setup! Iv'e never used any of Mars' gear, but seeing so many good grows and great results with it here at 420mag, you can't go wrong with their lights. Have you got any fans going in there? Anything for ventilation?
Looks like you're off to a great start, Jack Herer is a legendary strain! First time i'm seeing an auto of the version, so that's exciting!
I hope all is well on your end :passitleft: Happy growing!

Hey brother - nice setup! Iv'e never used any of Mars' gear, but seeing so many good grows and great results with it here at 420mag, you can't go wrong with their lights. Have you got any fans going in there? Anything for ventilation?
Looks like you're off to a great start, Jack Herer is a legendary strain! First time i'm seeing an auto of the version, so that's exciting!
I hope all is well on your end :passitleft: Happy growing!
Thanks for stopping by, @irie lion. I'm very impressed with the Mars Hydro equipment. Of course, I have nothing to compare it to, but you know janky when you see it - and their equipment isn't janky. I'm especially impressed with the SP-250 light. Very bright and runs relatively cool. I did remove the driver from the light and mounted it outside of the tent to help with the heat. I have a Cloudline T4 running to pull some hot air out so I'm staying right around 84 F and 55% RH. I'll probably need to add a humidifier, at least during veg, to boost the RH a little to get it in the zone, although I do expect the RH to rise some once I get the 7 gallon smart pots in there and start watering them. I have two clip on fans that will be here on Friday to get a little air moving in there, also. Eventually, I'll be using the Fox Farms trio for nutrients. And that's about it. Stop me if you see me heading for the ditch, at any point. I'm all ears. Thanks again for dropping in, my friend.

Good morning, all. I don't know about y'all, but I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with the little ladies this weekend. I really hate leaving them every morning but in order to keep the grow lights on, I have to bust my hump for the man, forty hours a week. I'm thankful for this great day, nonetheless.

Let's get on with it...

Here's a shot of the tent for, well, just because...

That light used to have a driver sitting on top, but I unscrewed it and wired in an extension so that I could mount it outside of the tent. My little Cloudline T4 is hanging in the upper right. Currently, it's expelling air into the room but my weekend plans are to run some flex ducting to a vent that will expel the air outside of the house. I don't have a carbon filter yet, but I'll definitely have one before we hit flower.

All three Jack Herer autoflowers are showing growth. When I got home last night, I noticed JH1 was pretty dried out. The cup was very light and the soil had even started drawing in, away from the edges of the cup. I mixed 5ml of calmag into a gallon of spring water and applied about 4ml of that mixture around the edges of the cup, and then around a 1" radius around the stem. I left the others alone, for now.

JH1:

JH2:

JH3:
(bad angle)

Much love all.

Good morning, FEF! Have a good day.

After much contemplation – it’s time.

Currently growing 3 Jack Herer autoflowers from Dr. Seeds.

As many of you know, JH is a sativa/indica hybrid. The plants will be in a MarsHydro 2’ x 4’ x 6’ish tent and under a MarsHydro SP-250 LED light (240w from the wall).

The medium is Fox Farms Ocean Forest (for two plants) and Miracle Grow Perfomance Organics (for one plant). Just straight soil – no perlite, etc. added.

Now for a little recent history to bring us to current day:

Timeline:

July 5th, 8:19pm – dropped one Green Crack (PP) seed in spring water.

July 6th, 1:17pm – tapped the seed a couple of times and the seed sank to the bottom. I poured the shot glass of water and seed onto a folded paper towel and placed that into a zip lock bag (unsealed). I placed that onto a plastic plate and set everything on top of my cable box in my entertainment center (dark and warm)

July 12th, 7:30pm – the Green Crack (ungerminated) seed was dropped into moist soil and placed outside as a last ditch effort. God rest her soul.

July 12th, 9:00pm – Moving on – dropped three Jack Herer autos into a shot glass of spring water.

July 13th, 9:18pm – all three sank (after some coercion). I poured the shot glass of water and the three seeds onto a folded paper towel and placed that into a zip lock bag (unsealed). I placed that onto a plastic plate and set everything on top of my cable box in my entertainment center (dark and warm)

July 14th, 5:15pm – JH #1 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some FFOF soil and under the light.

July 15th, 5:22am – JH #2 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some FFOF soil and under the light

July 15th, 6:35pm – JH #3 popped. Placed (taproot down) into some MGPO (Miracle Grow Performance Organics) soil and under the light. I got so excited that all three popped that I forgot to take a picture of the JH# 3 popped seed.

July 16th, 5:23am – JH #1 broke ground

July 16th, 6:04pm – JH #2 and JH#3 broke ground
(Pictures are below. I exceeded the limit)

JH #3 still has her little helmet because she's scared. I understand. I'll try to give her the confidence to shake it off this evening, when I get home.

(Current)
Break yo'self Fool! (Best chris tucker voice)
Thought id come see what ya cooking up. Shame about the GSCrack. Most of my mishaps with germ have been down to cold temps. Food for thought i usually put my germing girls behind my PS4 so the exhaust fans blowing warm air directly on the baggies. About 95% success rate on germ now since i made sure they were kept warm. In my experience its sped up the process some aswell

Good morning, all. I don't know about y'all, but I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with the little ladies this weekend. I really hate leaving them every morning but in order to keep the grow lights on, I have to bust my hump for the man, forty hours a week. I'm thankful for this great day, nonetheless.

Let's get on with it...

Here's a shot of the tent for, well, just because...

That light used to have a driver sitting on top, but I unscrewed it and wired in an extension so that I could mount it outside of the tent. My little Cloudline T4 is hanging in the upper right. Currently, it's expelling air into the room but my weekend plans are to run some flex ducting to a vent that will expel the air outside of the house. I don't have a carbon filter yet, but I'll definitely have one before we hit flower.

All three Jack Herer autoflowers are showing growth. When I got home last night, I noticed JH1 was pretty dried out. The cup was very light and the soil had even started drawing in, away from the edges of the cup. I mixed 5ml of calmag into a gallon of spring water and applied about 4ml of that mixture around the edges of the cup, and then around a 1" radius around the stem. I left the others alone, for now.

JH1:

JH2:

JH3:
(bad angle)

Much love all.
Look happy n healthy my friend nice job.

Goal: 1) Have fun, 2) Minimize the stupidity (I'm susceptible) 3) Smoke what I yield.

Sometimes #1 causes #2, but you have to try really, really hard to not be able to #3 around here. CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom