FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

I finished my notes. :battingeyelashes: You’ll fund them here.

Hope they help. :hug:

I absolutely understand that, 100% don’t be sorry for venting. Anybody would be lucky to have you as a friend, that was very nice of you to help him out.

My grandma suffered from dementia, it was very tough for everybody. She’s gone now, we all miss her so dearly much.

On a different note. Your plants look very healthy, loving life! :thumb:
Thank you for saying that, my friend. If I could choose one way not to go, I think that I would choose dementia / Alzheimer’s. It’s just so unfair for your brain to diminish. I hope that with the legal medication, CBD oil and whatever I can cook up for him, we can quell the effects for as long as possible. At the moment, I’m just trying to figure out how to keep him employed. That just adds another layer of stress to the situation. Regardless, thank you for the kind words.

And thank you for weighing in on the plants. I do understand that this is the easy part of the grow, but I’m pleased that I haven’t dropped a light on them yet. I haven’t even started the nutes - just a little calmag every other watering. Things will get real soon enough, but for now, I’m just enjoying the process.

Just dropping by and getting caught up. Girls looking great Fish. great setup brother. I really enjoyed Mars when I had them. Good luck to you bro

Many thanks, @Sparkey224. I’m telling you, that SP250 is the real deal. I’m very impressed with it. If I’m able to upgrade to a 4 x 4 tent, I’d like to buy one, or maybe two more. For a 2 x 4 tent, like mine, I’d definitely recommend mounting the driver outside of the tent. It can heat up that little space pretty well. Drop in any time, brother.

I finished my notes. :battingeyelashes: You’ll fund them here.

Hope they help. :hug:

Sweet, sweet Sue. You’ve earned that name, I see. Thank you for linking that, but more importantly, thank you for taking the time to compile all of those notes. You are incredible. I’m not sure that we deserve you (well, speaking for myself anyways).

And I feel like there’s never going to be enough time to make a large enough contribution to this marvelous membership. :hug:

I’d feel more comfortable myself starting a patient with dementia at about 2.5 mg of each major cannabinoid instead of that 20 mg dose mentioned. The standard is “Start low, go slow, stay low.”

One of the important things learned from clinical work with this patient population is that low doses of CBD will be more beneficial than high ones. Try to keep dosing as low as possible. Too high and confusion increases. That’s more dangerous for a patient treating dementia than for others.

And tell your friend for me there’s more to be hopeful about than it may appear. New brain cells can be grown all the way up to when we die. :hug:

Thank you for saying that, my friend. If I could choose one way not to go, I think that I would choose dementia / Alzheimer’s. It’s just so unfair for your brain to diminish. I hope that with the legal medication, CBD oil and whatever I can cook up for him, we can quell the effects for as long as possible. At the moment, I’m just trying to figure out how to keep him employed. That just adds another layer of stress to the situation. Regardless, thank you for the kind words.

And thank you for weighing in on the plants. I do understand that this is the easy part of the grow, but I’m pleased that I haven’t dropped a light on them yet. I haven’t even started the nutes - just a little calmag every other watering. Things will get real soon enough, but for now, I’m just enjoying the process.

Yeah it’s brutal, watching my grandma dwindle away as fast as she did, was absolutely crushing. I love my grandma. She took care of my brothers and I while our mom worked three jobs. I used to go to the home she was in, bring her a donut and an earl grey from the coffee shop. She would always get me to walk to her to her table for supper, and she got me to push her chair in at the dinner table. I think she enjoyed showing me off to the other ladies at her table. They then shipped her off to the dementia ward in a town over an hour away, because she was getting pretty bad, and no room in town here. A month later or so they got her in the dementia ward here in town at the hospital, where she hated very much by the way, but at least she had the help needed. She dwindled away fast after that. Was very sad to see.

Yes hopefully you are able to get him treated with something as soon as possible to help him. Finding away for him to keep his job will be very much needed, he’s having a hard enough time dealing with what he’s dealing with, at 49, that’s just too damn young! He’s lucky to have a friend like you who cares enough to help! You sir! Deserve a round of applause, it’s not easy watching this happen to anybody, yet alone family or a close friend.

To be honest, don’t be surprised with how well the plants are doing. You’ve got some great well knowledgeable members here following along, and I don’t think anybody will let anything happen to those plants. We got your back!

It is a very rewarding process, every small step you take toward getting to the final harvest will, feel rewarding. It’s an addicting hobby that was taken away from all of us to enjoy for many many years. Let’s lift that stigma on the plant, and grow some amazing medication! :rollit:

Good morning, all. Upon further review, these girls ladies plants aren't too tight. Those nodes are stacked, but otherwise look healthy. I think that this time next week, I should be able to do my one and only topping, for all three. JH #3 had a little lean to her so I shored up that side of the stem to get her back plumb.

JH #1

JH #2

JH #3

Much love, to all.

To be honest, don’t be surprised with how well the plants are doing. You’ve got some great well knowledgeable members here following along, and I don’t think anybody will let anything happen to those plants. We got your back!

It is a very rewarding process, every small step you take toward getting to the final harvest will, feel rewarding. It’s an addicting hobby that was taken away from all of us to enjoy for many many years. Let’s lift that stigma on the plant, and grow some amazing medication! :rollit:
@Backlipslide, I am very appreciative for this little community that I stumbled upon, here. The intimidation factor was off the charts for me, before I started reading through the pages on this site. But I quickly noticed a group of people that are very knowledgeable and that are so willing to help others. The intimidation has subsided and the confidence is slowly beginning to creep in. I just wish we all lived in the same neighborhood. What a utopia that would be.

And yes, it's a very addicting hobby. I'm barely a week into my first grow and I already have all of these grand plans for expansion. I'm pretty sure that a 4 x 4 tent and another light or two will be heading my way before long. :high-five:

@Backlipslide, I am very appreciative for this little community that I stumbled upon, here. The intimidation factor was off the charts for me, before I started reading through the pages on this site. But I quickly noticed a group of people that are very knowledgeable and that are so willing to help others. The intimidation has subsided and the confidence is slowly beginning to creep in. I just wish we all lived in the same neighborhood. What a utopia that would be.

And yes, it's a very addicting hobby. I'm barely a week into my first grow and I already have all of these grand plans for expansion. I'm pretty sure that a 4 x 4 tent and another light or two will be heading my way before long. :high-five:

I absolutely understand the intimidation of making your first post and mingling in with the community. I went through those emotions at the first forum I was at. After the first post, all those worries went away. It’s not as bumping as this site is so it was pretty slow. Came here and I dealt with the same thing. Posted in introduce my self that I wanted to start a journal and I got a great response so I started one right away.

Haha ohh the feeling of “I need to expand my grow space” never ending!! :laughtwo:

Good morning, all. The weekend always seems to fall at just the right time. I'm looking forward to a little gardening and some minor construction (unrelated to the garden) this weekend. I enjoy what I do for a living but there is nothing like a little family time to sooth my soul.

Again, these pictures look just like the last set, with the exception of everything being about a 1/2" wider. One quick observation. I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil for JH1 and JH2. I'm using Miracle Grow Performance Organics for JH3. Early on, I'm seeing just as much growth from the MGPO soil as I do from the FFOF soil. We'll see how both perform later in the grow, however, I've been impressed so far with the MGPO soil. The only reason that I make a distinction is because the MG products are ubiquitous in Alabama and their soil is considerably less expensive.

JH #1

JH #2

JH #3

Much love to all.

Those guys look great, FEF!

Oh hey one other thing to add that it seems like doesn't get introduced in new grows until problems arise or someone pipes up...check into your Cal/Mag needs sooner rather than later. I don't know about your soil or fert, but I think lots of time's it's overlooked by new growers and is a common problem around here.
what he said

Hey Fisheye, you're doing a great job with your plants - they're healthy and seem to be getting some strength to them now :high-five:

Hey Fisheye, you're doing a great job with your plants - they're healthy and seem to be getting some strength to them now :high-five:
Thanks @irie lion. Over the weekend I noticed JH1 has started wilting a bit. She'll perk up after some water, but not as perky as the other two. I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight. Nothing all that concerning really because I know that I haven't over watered her and otherwise, she looks the picture of health. Is it possible that she might be getting close to needing up-potting after only two weeks above soil? Speaking rhetorically obviously because no pictures, yet. Just thinking out load. Good growth on all three over the weekend so I'm still relatively pleased. Thanks for checking in, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom